Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-03-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sportsline.com/mmaboxing/story/10510288

A nice article about the Hatton - Mayweather fight and I agree with the majority of what it says, unfortunately.

Mayweather by boring UD.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/hea...875038.0.0.php

and another excellent article as well. It's weird I know in my heart of hearts that the fight will probably suck, yet I am still very excited.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the 24-7 may be building up some false hope for hatton fans. I mean, he looks great, but to me this is a mismatch and will likely be a boring fight. That said, I am for some reason excited for it as well.,
Old 12-03-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

You'd be surprised, most all of my friends that follow boxing do not think Hatton wins, a lot of the uneducated fight fans are the ones thinking Hatton will "Knock that punk out".

Old 12-03-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

In my mind Hatton is only +190 on the moneyline for a reason. If he was that big of an underdog he would be like +400 or something. Vegas knows something. I think this fight is closer then alot of people think. Hatton in my mind is better then alot of people give him credit for.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
You'd be surprised, most all of my friends that follow boxing do not think Hatton wins, a lot of the uneducated fight fans are the ones thinking Hatton will "Knock that punk out".
yeah, that is the point of the show tho. Hardcore fans will buy the fight regardless. Capturing the uneducated ones = cash money
Old 12-07-2007, 07:37 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just one day away
Old 12-07-2007, 07:53 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
Just one day away
Until Mayweather gets knocked out.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 12-07-2007, 08:16 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Oscar can't even hurt him, what makes you think Hatton can knock him out?

You think Hatton hits harder?
Old 12-07-2007, 08:30 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
If Oscar can't even hurt him, what makes you think Hatton can knock him out?

You think Hatton hits harder?
Oscar is 34 years old. He isnt the Oscar that everybody used to know. Hatton is in the prime of his career. We will see who hits harder after tommorow's fight.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 12-07-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

If Hatton's going to win in the distance, it'll be a body shot like against Castillo, he goes to the body very hard, but I can't see it.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mayweathers one of the quickest and shiftiest fighters out there so hatton cant fight all-out this time or hes gonna get burned pretty bad.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Oscar is 34 years old. He isnt the Oscar that everybody used to know. Hatton is in the prime of his career. We will see who hits harder after tommorow's fight.

Oscar's 34 but he's not an old 34. He fights just once a year or less. He still packs much more of a punch than Ricky Hatton. It's not even close.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't you guys realize boxing is dead?
Old 12-07-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Didn't you guys realize boxing is dead?
Come back next week when the numbers of how many people bought this fight are released, and then we will see if boxing is dead.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 12-07-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

What's the media like over there? Hatton is being really talked up, many presenters over here are calling it a 50-50 fight and letting their personal bias' and the 24/7 show influence them, Mayweather is still a clear favourite in my eyes.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

can't wait for the fight.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

The media is pretty pro-Mayweather. Lots of fans just wanna see the bad guy get knocked out. The 24/7 series and the JLC fight are keepin people just interested enough to make them think it's gonna be a good fight.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
The media is pretty pro-Mayweather. Lots of fans just wanna see the bad guy get knocked out. The 24/7 series and the JLC fight are keepin people just interested enough to make them think it's gonna be a good fight.
Its only gonna be a good fight if you want Hatton to win.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 12-07-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant believe it's tomorrow...I've been waiting so long for this. My best friend is a huge Hatton fan and I've been following Mayweather forever...I can't wait.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Its only gonna be a good fight if you want Hatton to win.

It any fight can be good regardless of wins. But Floyd is winnin this one.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:43 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
It any fight can be good regardless of wins. But Floyd is winnin this one.
Finally the day is here. I have been waiting for this fight for awhile.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 12-08-2007, 08:49 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm picking Floyd by an UD.

I don't think either fighter can KO the other one. I believe this one is going the distance and Floyd should be able to win more rounds.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope mayweather doesnt make this fight a bust too.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

The only fight I ever seen Floyd make a stinker was the Baldomir fight b/c he shoulda took him out instead of takin his foot off the pedal. You can't blame the dude for the De La Hoya fight. If u lay against the ropes and stand toe to toe round after round and the other guy can't hit you then it's not your fault. That fight wasn't as exciting as it should have been b/c of Oscar.