Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-08-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

after watching the fight preview i wouldnt be too surprised if this ends up being one of the best fights of the year, it just has a different vibe then the mayweather-de la hoya one and hattons a much more aggressive fighter. should be a classic.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

youre never gonna believe this

i order the fight; preview is on; screen goes black

technical difficulties; should be back on by 10; at least ill only have to pay 1/2 price and theyre replayin it right after

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

hows this fight going? espn has Dan Rafael whos scored it so far 4-1 for Mayweather, but ESPN writers have it 3-2 for Hatton. it sounds like a great fight. I wish I was seeing it.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Sounds like come controversy brewing when Hatton hit Floyd in the back of the head and lost a point, then Floyd did it back and didn't get anything. Interesting to say the least!
Old 12-08-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan Rafael thinks Maywheather is running away with it, so far.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3145335
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

yea thats what im looking at right now. but if you look at the write ups below it looks different. so we'll see.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Just saw in BBC that "British Boxer loses to American Boxer"

Floyd Mayweather wins the fight, and hopefully (fingers crossed) will fight Miguel Cotto in a few monts.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Floyd Mayweather knocked out Ricky Hatton in the 10th round!
Old 12-08-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Floyd did what he had to do. He adapted to Ricky's style. Lederman's card wasn't even close to the real ones.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Floyd Mayweather knocked out Ricky Hatton in the 10th round!
Nope. PBF says he plan to take a long vacation. One of the announcers says that PBF told him he wants to sit out 2008 and 2009.

PBF said, "I dont want boxing to retire me, i want to retire from boxing." something like that.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3p...-kn_shortfilms
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:13 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Floyd Mayweather is the ******* man.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:36 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He madel it ook like he wasnt trying again. Best boxer I ever seen and i hate saying that
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:41 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and I hate to type this, if Cotto fights hiim inthe next 8 months- he has no chance. Mayweather will beat Cotto and reutre as one of the top 5 all time pound for pound champs. he just doesnt even try it seems, you can blame him for lack of competion. when i saw him smokegatti in atlantic city, i tiold my freiend i was with this is the best figther e will ever see. so enjoy it.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like all he has to do to solidify his legacy is beat Cotto. I have no problem with him takin a vacation, but he can't retire just yet. Hopefully Cotto beats Margarito so he'll finally stop gettin his name mentioned amongst the elite fighters b/c he's not that good. Mayweather/Cotto sometime early in '09.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
I feel like all he has to do to solidify his legacy is beat Cotto. I have no problem with him takin a vacation, but he can't retire just yet. Hopefully Cotto beats Margarito so he'll finally stop gettin his name mentioned amongst the elite fighters b/c he's not that good. Mayweather/Cotto sometime early in '09.
Sean, I never saw the fight, but I know you have good boxing knowledge. What was your take on the fight?

I cant wait to see Cotto fight Floyd. I think it would be a great fight. I like Cotto's style, and I dont think that Floyd has enough power to knock out Cotto, seeing how tough he is now. I was worried about Cotto's chin before, but his last two fights have showed me now to worry about it. He takes shot after shot there, and is still standing. His fight against Zab Judah was probably one of the best fights Ive seen.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hatton started out really well, he was applying good educated pressure, but after a couple of early successes he seemed to become careless and almost angry, not sure if it was because of the referee disrupting his rhythm breaking up all the in fighting or what, but he started wading in in straight lines and Floyd being the great fighter that he is began to plant his feet and really catch Ricky coming in. That's how I saw it anyway.

After 5 rounds British scorers had Mayweather ahead by 1 and HBO had Hatton up by 1, the first few rounds were very close. After the 6th with the point deduction was when it really unravelled.

Worth waiting up until 6am our time for, I enjoyed the fight. I'd like to apologise for the Brits booing the American national anthem though, that was totally out of order.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sean, I never saw the fight, but I know you have good boxing knowledge. What was your take on the fight?

I cant wait to see Cotto fight Floyd. I think it would be a great fight. I like Cotto's style, and I dont think that Floyd has enough power to knock out Cotto, seeing how tough he is now. I was worried about Cotto's chin before, but his last two fights have showed me now to worry about it. He takes shot after shot there, and is still standing. His fight against Zab Judah was probably one of the best fights Ive seen.

Aight, everybody that's been on either this or the old boxing threads knows that I'm a Floyd Mayweather fan, but last nite that changed for a lil bit. I was ready to walk out on the fight after the first 5 rounds. I had seen way too many single punches from Floyd...way too much wrestling and hugging from both fighters and way way too much interference by Joe Cortez. The only reason I stayed to watch the end of the fight was b/c I spent 60 dollars on it. I thought Floyd would come out and try to have a statement win by throwing beautiful combinations and enforcing his will on Hatton from the opening bell. Instead, for the first 6 rounds or so anybody watching the fight could tell that he was just goin through the motions to collect a check.

But as quickly as I lost my faith in him and vowed to never order another one of his fights, he turned the heat n the 7th. He finally started throwin combos and he was even doin some really nice work to the body. I believe it was the 8th round that he dominated Hatton, just like I thought he would all along. I think it was the 9th round where he repeatedly hit Hatton with the jab and at this point it was apparent that Hatton was bein outclassed. In the 10th he hit Hatton with a picture perfect left hook that floored him and then finished him off right as Hatton's corner was throwin in the towel. It had an excellent finish, but don't get me wrong, it was far from an excellent fight.

I don't know what it is, but Floyd has a way of wearin down his opponents and Hatton was no different. He looked fatigue. Maybe he wears them out mentally...I'm really not sure. Hatton never landed any big punches. Floyd's defense was crisp as always. It was semi-competitive before the 8th round, but neither fighter was really impressing. I guess Floyd was just takin his time to execute his gameplan. I didn't like the fact that he wasted 6 rounds letting Hatton dictate the pace of the fight, but you can't argue with the results. Because of the finish it was a pretty good fight.

Last edited by SugarSean : 12-09-2007 at 10:32 AM.
SugarSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post

After 5 rounds British scorers had Mayweather ahead by 1 and HBO had Hatton up by 1, the first few rounds were very close. After the 6th with the point deduction was when it really unravelled.
that doesnt mean jack. the official scoring at time of knockout was:

89-81
88-82
89-81

floyd owned hatton the whole way. he plays a defensive style so it may appear that he is shying away but he knows what he is doing. just look at the punches landed statistics. they are off the wall in comparison to hatton.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADiGiulian View Post
that doesnt mean jack. the official scoring at time of knockout was:

89-81
88-82
89-81

floyd owned hatton the whole way. he plays a defensive style so it may appear that he is shying away but he knows what he is doing. just look at the punches landed statistics. they are off the wall in comparison to hatton.
Official judges in boxing are crap, just look at the undercard, if you thought Daniel Ponce de Leon won ten rounds to two you need your head checking. I'm not doubting Floyd would have won on points, but it's not as wide a margin as all that.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I admit, I was wrong about this fight going the distance. I was right about Floyd winning it though.

Too bad I couldn't see the fight. Maybe it'll appear on Youtube or somewhere else sometime in the future.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Good review SugarSean. Did anyone else find Mark Cuban hilarious? He was talking smack in the Ring and the whole entrance. Also "Born in the USA" was quite fitting in a fight with this type of nation vs nation magnitude.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
Aight, everybody that's been on either this or the old boxing threads knows that I'm a Floyd Mayweather fan, but last nite that changed for a lil bit. I was ready to walk out on the fight after the first 5 rounds. I had seen way too many single punches from Floyd...way too much wrestling and hugging from both fighters and way way too much interference by Joe Cortez. The only reason I stayed to watch the end of the fight was b/c I spent 60 dollars on it. I thought Floyd would come out and try to have a statement win by throwing beautiful combinations and enforcing his will on Hatton from the opening bell. Instead, for the first 6 rounds or so anybody watching the fight could tell that he was just goin through the motions to collect a check.

But as quickly as I lost my faith in him and vowed to never order another one of his fights, he turned the heat n the 7th. He finally started throwin combos and he was even doin some really nice work to the body. I believe it was the 8th round that he dominated Hatton, just like I thought he would all along. I think it was the 9th round where he repeatedly hit Hatton with the jab and at this point it was apparent that Hatton was bein outclassed. In the 10th he hit Hatton with a picture perfect left hook that floored him and then finished him off right as Hatton's corner was throwin in the towel. It had an excellent finish, but don't get me wrong, it was far from an excellent fight.

I don't know what it is, but Floyd has a way of wearin down his opponents and Hatton was no different. He looked fatigue. Maybe he wears them out mentally...I'm really not sure. Hatton never landed any big punches. Floyd's defense was crisp as always. It was semi-competitive before the 8th round, but neither fighter was really impressing. I guess Floyd was just takin his time to execute his gameplan. I didn't like the fact that he wasted 6 rounds letting Hatton dictate the pace of the fight, but you can't argue with the results. Because of the finish it was a pretty good fight.
Thats sounds like a pretty good review of the fight. I understand when you say how Floyd runs guys down by giving him jabs here and there and just working it bit by bit throughout the fight, but then really turns it on in the end. Thats why I think Cotto would be a great fight, because Cotto has the stamina to match and can take hts late in the fight and still stand tall.

I cant wait to see Cotto and Flod fight, I think it could be bigger than Floyd and ODH. Especially if they fight around that big Puerto Rican holiday in NY and its at the Gardens....MAN that would be huge!
Old 12-09-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy View Post
Good review SugarSean. Did anyone else find Mark Cuban hilarious? He was talking smack in the Ring and the whole entrance. Also "Born in the USA" was quite fitting in a fight with this type of nation vs nation magnitude.
i dont know why, but i found floyd ring entrance hilarious when he came out to "born in the usa"

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:09 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Quote:
Thats sounds like a pretty good review of the fight. I understand when you say how Floyd runs guys down by giving him jabs here and there and just working it bit by bit throughout the fight, but then really turns it on in the end. Thats why I think Cotto would be a great fight, because Cotto has the stamina to match and can take hts late in the fight and still stand tall.

I cant wait to see Cotto and Flod fight, I think it could be bigger than Floyd and ODH. Especially if they fight around that big Puerto Rican holiday in NY and its at the Gardens....MAN that would be huge!

After re-watching the fight I realized that it wasn't as bad as I thought it was at first. I expected Floyd to just dominate from the opening bell and throw combinations and outbox Hatton, but he chose to fight Hatton's fight and beat him at his own game. He went chest to chest with him and wore Hatton out and outboxed him in the clinch. After he wore Hatton out he went to work. Watching the fight the second time was much better than the first. Obviously the man is much smarter than I am when it comes to boxing so I can't really be mad at his approach just because he didn't fight the way I wanted him to. I think he fought that fight brilliantly now b/c when I watched it the first time I spent too much time complaining to actually see what was goin on.

And I don't think for one second that Floyd never watches film on his opponents. Every guy that is at the top of his sport is a film junkie and I don't think he's any different.