Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-09-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Well, I apologize for the fact that I haven't mentioned Gillespies ineptitudes as well. Even though the options on the bench weren't much better, he continues to start Michael Porter and Mark Coury. Have you actually looked at the roster though, there is an insufficient amount of talent on this team. I mean before Gillespie arrived, Tubby's 2007 recruiting class was 3* A.J. Stewart and 2* Mike Williams.
Fair enough. I don't pretend to be nearly in-tune enough with Tubby's recruiting at Kentucky. What I do take offense to, however, is the general disrepect that Tubby was shown during his entire tenure at Kentucky, and I don't doubt for one second that race had at least some role in it.

It is interesting, as you noted, that Tubby is doing a better job of recruiting at Minnesota than he did at Kentucky. I'm not sure what that says about Tubby or the changing face of college basketball, but it speaks well for Minnesota's chances in the Big Ten in the coming years.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Huggins has West Virginia at 7-1.... WVU is leading the country in scoring margin, and field-goal defense.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, WVU was well-stocked in the first place with athletes from Beilien's regime. Huggins is a very good coach and game manager. He can game plan and adjust well.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Well, WVU was well-stocked in the first place with athletes from Beilien's regime. Huggins is a very good coach and game manager. He can game plan and adjust well.
Not only is he a good coach, but hes one of the best recruiters in the nation. Its ashame Beasley signed with KSU before he knew Huggins was going to make the move. Beasleys life long dream was to play for Huggins. But Huggins just got Kevin Jones a 4 star who is ranked 77th in the nation in the 08 Class to sign.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 12-10-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huggins will move on. So will Beasley. Perhaps it's a good thing that Beasley isn't getting his way for once. The guy is a bit immature. Maybe a dose of the hard life and facing reality will help him in the future.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 12-10-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Huggins will move on. So will Beasley. Perhaps it's a good thing that Beasley isn't getting his way for once. The guy is a bit immature. Maybe a dose of the hard life and facing reality will help him in the future.
Why would you say Beasley is immature?

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 12-10-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huggins is a damn good coach, I just don't like him. But he does get results wherever he goes.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Why would you say Beasley is immature?
I thought I had read an article about how hyperactive, inattentive, and sophomoric he is. Tried to find it, but couldn't. Until I find the article, consider my prior point unconfirmable and not true.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought I had read an article about how hyperactive, inattentive, and sophomoric he is. Tried to find it, but couldn't. Until I find the article, consider my prior point unconfirmable and not true.
I've read the article you're referring too. I don't know where I read it though.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I can't find it anywhere. Basically, he seemed to be a handful in HS. Bad attitude, hyperactive. However, when he was on the court, he was unreal and extremely focused.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Huggins is a damn good coach, I just don't like him. But he does get results wherever he goes.
Alot of people dont like him, but when your good at something your going to get that sort of thing where people dont like you.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 12-10-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
I can't find it anywhere. Basically, he seemed to be a handful in HS. Bad attitude, hyperactive. However, when he was on the court, he was unreal and extremely focused.
Well it isnt like KSU is going to have to put up with him after this year. He will most likely be the #1 pick overall.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 12-10-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

By the way Bill Walker had 30 in KSU's win over Cal yesterday. Another recruit who went to KSU just to play for Huggins.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 12-10-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Still no love for WVU in the latest rankings:

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 12-10-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stan Heath isn't a bad coach...Turning a USF team that couldn't make the Big East Tourney last year to 7-3 including 7 in a row and a HUGE win over FSU.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Stan Heath isn't a bad coach...Turning a USF team that couldn't make the Big East Tourney last year to 7-3 including 7 in a row and a HUGE win over FSU.
Well no matter what next year they will make the Big East tourney because every team is getting invited.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 12-10-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well no matter what next year they will make the Big East tourney because every team is getting invited.
Yay first round cannon fodder...
Old 12-10-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait till the 22nd Georgetown vs. Memphis, the game will be epic. Final 4 preview. Two top 5 teams slugging it out.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I think Derrick Rose is the best freshman in the country. That kid is a straight up balla. =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Personally, I think Derrick Rose is the best freshman in the country. That kid is a straight up balla. =D
I would take Beasley over Rose.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 12-10-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too bad under Calipari he's not going to develop as well in his only year as he would have under Weber. Memphis plays street ball against weak competition during their conference, and that's why I'd never pick them to win a National Title.

Btw TP, I just realized that we raped you both in Basketball (on the court) and Football (off the field). :D

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
I would take Beasley over Rose.
Potential wise;

Rose > Beasley

Right now I'd take Mike but Derrick is one of the best PG prospects I've seen in quite some time. Once he gets that jumper down and learns the game a little more, kids gonna be sick at the next level.

Quote:
Old 12-10-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
I remember that article as well, I'm pretty sure Ghetto posted in this thread actually, compared him to Ron Artest.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

That rings very true. I tried to search the posts, but there's just too many of them.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Interesting article on Michael Beasley, I love him as a player and think he would go top 5 this year if there wasn't an age rule and I even like him better than Durant for the SF position but I never knew how immature he was this article really shows it, I always wondered why he got kicked out of Oak Hill, I mean he seems to have the mind of a 13 year old not good, I am sensing Ron Artest part 2:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...1101466_2.html
Highlights:
-Said the NBA age rule is dumb and 1 year at Kansas State is just to "kill time"
-Has been kicked out of multiple schools going to 6 schools the past 4 years.
-Was kicked out of Oak Hill Academy for "playing too many pranks"
-"Beasley said nobody gave him an exact reason for his dismissal, but he guesses that Oak Hill grew tired of his pranks. He wore pajamas to the school cafeteria. He threw sticks at teachers' houses. He snuck out of his dorm after curfew and organized games of hide-and-go seek"
-"So, with two weeks left in the school year, Smith offered his star player one final chance: He told Beasley that, to be invited back to Oak Hill, he needed to impress administrators with flawless end-of-year behavior.

Two days later, Beasley signed his name in black ink on the principal's truck, Smith said.

"He'll definitely try your patience," Smith said. "You look at him physically and he's a full-grown man, and you think he's going to make good decisions all the time. But a lot of times, he just didn't."
"At a practice here in Fitchburg last month, Barton gathered his players to give them a scouting report on an upcoming opponent. In less than 24 hours, the team played one of its most important games of the season. Barton stood still, with a basketball under his right arm, and talked quietly. "Pay attention, 'cause this is important," Barton said. His players leaned in to listen. Then Beasley started shouting.

"Hey coach, pass the ball!" Beasley yelled. "Come on, coach. You're being a ball hog, yo. Pass it. I'm open."

Teammates laughed, and Barton shook his head. Over the last six months, Barton had decided mainly to ignore Beasley's childishness. He finished his scouting report and divided his players into two teams for a shirts-against-skins scrimmage. As Beasley pulled off his cotton T-shirt to play for the skins, he danced across the court.

"I'm naked! I'm naked!" Beasley yelled. "Look, coach. I'm naked!"
Here we go

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote