Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 12-08-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Colt Brennan

If we weren't to draft a QB in the first, what would you guys think of Brennan in the 2nd. I know many see him as a system QB, which is why I'm wondering.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt have a problem with it. I think he can really excel in the system we are in right now. His accuracy for short and intermediate passes are great. Mobility is great in the pocket. Despite his awkward release, he gets the ball out of there every quickly. I dont know too much about his deep passes though. And, he is like 25 right now. I know age isnt much of a problem for QBs, as you see guys like Favre, Warner all playing into their late 30s, and guys like Manning and Brady who are in the top of the league in their low 30s.

The game against Georgia is huge for his draft stock. If he continues to dominate, I wouldnt be surprised if he went top20 or higher.

But if we were to land McFadden in the first, I would love Brennan in the top of the 2nd.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dmac and colt in the draft would be amazing. i wouldnt be surprised to see colt play well against uga cause the dawgs have been struggling in pass coverage. everything really starts with the oline. give any qb protection and he should produce.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see Colt vs Georgia, and in the Pro-Bowl before I use a second on him.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
hot route

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I want to see Colt vs Georgia, and in the Pro-Bowl before I use a second on him.
if you see colt in the pro-bowl, id think second round would be great value ;)
in all seriousness, as a hawaii fan i would wanna see colt in either ATL or DET, as those are two systems that would seem to cater to his strengths.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

u mean senior bowl
Old 12-08-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
u mean senior bowl

Haha, yeah I did.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:14 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Colt has a very nice zip on the ball. He obviously can read the field very well because he has so many WRs going out on routes. It's not like because of the scheme people stopped rushing the passer either. Watching him throw on the run might be the most impressive thing to me. That game winning touchdown drive where he rolled out to his left and put that ball right on the money in the endzone is what I want to see. His release point is a little lower than you'd like, but we have one of the best QB coaches anywhere, but you don't wanna mess with it too much, just means you have to get an offensive line who can do their job. Colt may end up being the best QB of this group, simply because his upside is pretty high, but his bust factor doesn't seem to be that high to me. The system didn't make the reads, and the system didn't make the throws. He's got a really pretty deep ball, and a lot of zip. I'd like to get DMC + Colt...that's basically the equivalent to LT + Brees a few years back for the Chargers...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dang man you guys can't have him I want him in Tampa. :p

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Romo looked like Colt out there today.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Here's a couple of good shots that will give you an idea of his release.

http://flickr.com/photos/16899890@N03/2065501642/

http://flickr.com/photos/diegogarcia2002/2066121162/

http://flickr.com/photos/diegogarcia2002/2066127726/

http://flickr.com/photos/ou812/2079872075/

http://flickr.com/photos/diegogarcia2002/2090549236/
Old 12-09-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. I didnt realize his release was that far from his body.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 12-09-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, I don't like Colt. too old for my tastes and has character problems in his past.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
that's actually not a big deal IMO...

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have grown to really like Colt Brennan as a prospect. He has no downside that is any greater than the so-called "top" prospects.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:12 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can't argue with his accuracy and quick release. He doesn't have that many batted passes at the LOS. So judge what you will. Release point isn't all that determines a good qb.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Can't argue with his accuracy and quick release. He doesn't have that many batted passes at the LOS. So judge what you will. Release point isn't all that determines a good qb.
Yeah. I am no doubter of Brennan. Look at my earlier post. I like him as a prospect and would like the Falcons to take him at the top of the 2nd round, maybe trade into the end of the first for him.

I knew he had an unorthodox release...I just didnt know it was that far away from his body. It doesnt look too low compared to him, but it might lead to a couple of balls being batted down at the NFL. Also, the far away release scares me about FF. But I am sure I am just being paranoid.

How is his deep ball D-Unit? Try to be honest and non biased. Please.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Yeah. I am no doubter of Brennan. Look at my earlier post. I like him as a prospect and would like the Falcons to take him at the top of the 2nd round, maybe trade into the end of the first for him.

I knew he had an unorthodox release...I just didnt know it was that far away from his body. It doesnt look too low compared to him, but it might lead to a couple of balls being batted down at the NFL. Also, the far away release scares me about FF. But I am sure I am just being paranoid.

How is his deep ball D-Unit? Try to be honest and non biased. Please.
Very accurate. On the money. Never fails to amaze me. His release point is more over the top on deep passes, fyi.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:00 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't like the weight/ build, but I love the upside and Petrino said he will commit to sitting a rookie QB. Nice scheme fit too.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote