Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC South Division Forum

NFC South Division Forum Discuss the NFC South

Old 12-11-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default PFT Rumors

I usually don't post PFT rumors as they tend be very hit or very miss, but I thought this was very interesting and since it involves two division rivals... I'd post it here:

Quote:
HALL TO PAYTON: "I'LL PLAY FOR YOU FOR THE MINIMUM"

Our moles who were in the Georgia Dome on Monday night tell us that, at one point during the game between New Orleans and Atlanta, Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall was overheard telling Saints coach Sean Payton, "I'll play for you for the minimum," or words to that effect.

Hall was fined $100,000 for his conduct in a game earlier this year against the Panthers, and the general feeling in the wake of the incident has been that Hall won't be back in 2008.

Prior to that, Hall made clear his desire to test the open market once his rookie contract expires.

It's unlikely that Hall would actually play for the Saints, or anyone, for the minimum player contract with four years of experience. Still, the broader point is that Hall clearly wants out of Atlanta. He'll likely get his wish.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Silly old PFT.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL, I was trying to figure out what the shirt read after the TD last night. Was that Roddy White?
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 12-11-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
LOL, I was trying to figure out what the shirt read after the TD last night. Was that Roddy White?

Yeah it was. I thought it was cool that his teammates are still backing him up.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

That's awesome.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
That's awesome.
Here's what the players who showed support had to say.

"That was homemade. I did that myself," White said. "It ain't too much to say, you know. The team misses him and we really need him this season. There ain't too much more to say about it."

White appeared to be fighting his emotions.

Asked if the day had been emotional, White said simply "Yeah," before ending the interview.

Hall said the players wanted to show they were thinking of Vick as more than a football player.

"We did that for the simple fact we wanted to let him know we're still thinking about him," Hall said. "That was my personal thing for doing it.

"I don't want to say this franchise doesn't want to acknowledge the situation, but that's kind of the way you feel. All his pictures all gone, no more jerseys, no more nothing. We just wanted to let him know we're still thinking about him. We care about him as a human being, not just as a football player and as a running quarterback."