Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-08-2006, 08:44 PM    (permalink

I had Vince as my number 1 guy going into the Draft. And he remains in that spot. I also still have Cutler in front of Leinart just like I did Pre-Draft. So things haven't really changed.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:29 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
again, judging cutler off a single game in which his o-line was non-existant against a good defensive team is a bit odd.
Not as odd as calling Seattle a good defensive team.
i should've been more specific. they have a great pass rush.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At first I though VY was the best prospect in the draft higher then Bush and so on, I didnt know about his offensive system, then I switched on him, but now he is proving all the haters wrong, he may not be the best but I think he will be very good.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Young's game has converted into the pros much better than I expected. I really didn't expect him to have much success in his first year in the league. I give him alot of credit for what he's done with a Tennesse team without a ton of talent.

I still expect Cutler to have a better career in the long run though. I was really impressed by him in the preseason and I think we'll see some of that come back by the end of the season. I'd like to see him get a shot in the post season this year aswell.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As if this hasn't been said enough, it's far too early.

I guess you could say that Vince has played the best, but it's really only been two good games against bad defenses. Leinart's doing alright considering his team is awful and he has no running game, just a bunch of receivers. And Cutler's only played one game.
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:31 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll admit Young is making me look someone foolish. He is playing good ball right now, but he still has a way to go. I never doubted his talent, just his ability to take that talent and use it.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:40 PM    (permalink
kyle6

VY has always been #1 on my list even before the Draft. I gotta stick with him he is going to be amazing. Leinart is also gonna be up there but he also has 2 of the leagues best WR's on his team, it's close but Vince Young gets my vote. I see Jay being solid but nothing special.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Titans_Dynasty85
Rookie

Titans_Dynasty85 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

In response to what someone said earlier, I know it will kinda suck to not be able to get CJ, but getting someone like Tedd Ginn Jr. will definately give Vince a gamebreaker at WR. Ginn has much better explosiveness and speed than CJ, and will be a great starter along with Brandon Jones and David Givens as the future starting WRs for the Titans.

-No doubt Vince Young has looked the best overall right now. Sure Leinart is still probably the most polished passer, but Vince wins games at whatever cost, whether its running the football to convert 3rd downs, or throwing for them. I believe Vince will probably be the best QB out of these three and this draft could be one of the best ever possibly for QBs.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:05 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Vince Young is the best easily he is amazing. And Draftguru ^^^ wtf?
Jay cutler......

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:17 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VYisaGOD and JC FTW!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-08-2006, 11:35 PM    (permalink

1. Lienart

2. Young

3. Cutler

Thats how i had them out of college, and I will keep it that way. Young has been impressive and its a lot closer between him and Lienart then it was preseason

But then again, Young plays on the Titans. who knows what will happen when teams start to learn his tendencys.

Lienart is good, but then again hes an Arizona Cardinal and I cant say anyone there is sure to be good
Old 12-09-2006, 02:03 AM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
Vince Young has impressed me. The guy is just a winner. I'm glad he's proving his critics wrong. This board was treating him pretty unfairly for most of the predraft process.
i agree with you
V.Y received some serious hating before the draft

even some titans fan did not what him on their team
Old 12-09-2006, 02:05 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2drama
Quote:
Vince Young has impressed me. The guy is just a winner. I'm glad he's proving his critics wrong. This board was treating him pretty unfairly for most of the predraft process.
i agree with you

That happens every year, you can't please everybody....

Old 12-09-2006, 05:11 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
i agree with you

and thus, since some people decided not to jump on the vince young bandwagon, he is the best QB?

I still like cutler to be the best one. Namely cause he's got the best team around him. (Let's not forget Leinart is in Arizona and VY in Tennessee, whilst Jay's sitting pretty in Denver.)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict
Quote:
Quote:
i agree with you

and thus, since some people decided not to jump on the vince young bandwagon, he is the best QB?

I still like cutler to be the best one. Namely cause he's got the best team around him. (Let's not forget Leinart is in Arizona and VY in Tennessee, whilst Jay's sitting pretty in Denver.)
People hating on Vince Young and saying that he doesn't have the mental capacity to play at the pro level is not why I think he's the best. It's simply why I'm glad that he's proven that he's the best. Young has shown that his style does convert well to the pros and has played exceptionally well on a less-than-stellar team. Plus, Young's intangibles are through the roof. He's a winner.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:56 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You'll have to excuse me, but I can't help smirking a bit as I watch the world backpedaling on their opinions of Vince Young. The anti-VY crowd was so obsessed with critiquing his idiosyncrasies, they paid little credence to the one thing that stands above any measurable attributes: Vince Young knows how to win, period. And he's only gonna get better.

I feel the same way about Cutler. He's a gritty, gutsy kid, and his arm is a friggin' cannon...as he gains experience, he's going to be a very formidable QB. Anyone who judges Cutler by his poor showing last week needs to get in line behind the VY-haters....you're next up in the "Boy-Don't-I-Look-Like-An-Idiot-Now" sweepstakes.

Not to be outdone, Leinart has been developing into another slice-and-dice QB....he doesn't have athleticism or mojo of Vince Young, or Cutler's bazooka, but he's been remarkably efficient. I'm hardly the first to draw this comparison, but I see Leinart as another Tom Brady...a maddeningly consistent QB who picks defenses apart, and rarely makes the kind of mistakes that lose games.

I'm not one of these bandwagon jumpers that falls in love with every high-rated prospect. I never thought much of Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers last year, and I still doubt either will ever live up to his draft status. But 2006's QB crop was incredible....I firmly believe it may be the best we've seen since the class of 1983. That year, it was John Elway, Jim Kelly, and Dan Marino.....don't think it couldn't happen again.

In fact, I think it already has.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 11:00 AM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict
Quote:
Quote:
i agree with you

you have got a point there Addict

if jay has a chance to make the playoff - out of the three.

but V.Y over M.L based on amount of games played
Jay culter has not had enough games under his belt

my ranking order
V.Y ( what more can i say)
Jason C ( played better than Matt.L in oly 2 games)
Matt L ( i am somewhat disappointed)
Jay Cutler ( needs more games)
Old 12-09-2006, 11:23 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

My rankings now.

Vince Young: Shows Michael Vick how to be Michael Vick. Thought he would struggle and be a bust with the Titans.

Jay Cutler: Is in the best situation. Class organization with a two time winning Super Bowl coach.

Matt Leinart: Stuck with the worst organization in the NFL (The Raiders are also bad, but the Cardinal have been bad for 50 years). No offensive line and no defense. This is also a snakebit franchise that had injuries that end the careers of other promising QB's early like Neil Lomax and Timm Rosenbach.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's too early to tell, but I feel like all 3 of them will be great... Not real sure who will be the best, but I feel all will be probowl quarterbacks in the future.

VY: Just a winner... the guy can win games by himself. I thought he was going to be great in the NFL after his showing against USC, and he is doing just that. Good for him. He's gonna be special.

Jay Cutler: Great physical tools and learning under Shannahan. Also, the Broncos (while it has been somewhat of a down year), have a great running game so it will take some pressure off of Cutler once he gets used to thes peed of the game.

Matt Leinart: Very poised QB and makes very good decisions. Most efficient out of the three. Also has the best playmakers on offense in Boldin, Fitz, and James. However, his line sucks and so does the organization. It may be awhile before the Cardinals start winning even w/all that talent.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing about Leinart, honestly if he would've went to New York, Tennessee or Oakland he'd look like a bust. The situation in Arizona is perfect for him to succeed. They run a short-mid range passing attack, with two awesome receivers, in a warm weather division, in a dome. Still, I do not think he will ever be one of the elite, game-breaking, Quarterbacks. His upside is considerably less than Cutler and Young. The two other Quarterbacks have the ability to throw the 15-18 pass plays, down the field, on a rope. Where Leinart will never be able to make the 18 yard comeback or out.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:18 PM    (permalink
TiTaNsFAN 1014
Rookie

TiTaNsFAN 1014 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default k

All three are going to be great. I truely belive that. I would've drafted them all in the same order.
Vince is gonna be special. He was my favorite player coming outta college and i knew he'd prove everyone wrong, who said he wont be able to play in the NFL. I must say, i thought vince would have his struggles here and there his rookie season, and he has, but i never would've imagined he'd be this good this early. Especially with the talent around him. Let's take a look at his targets here. Drew Bennett, you can say what u want about him , but to be honest, he's nothing more than a descent #2 Wr. Then he's got Brandon Jones and Bobby Wade, a castoff Bears WR. And trust me, after living in Chicago all my life, u never want any part of a bears WR, especially one that was cut. And somehow Wade has looked real nice with VY. By the way, his TE is Bo Scaife. Vy deserves a lot of credit, but his coaching deserves just as much. They've done a great job with Vince.
As far as the other two, both Matt and Jay will be very good too. They both have good talent around them and they'll be much better next year.
Also, Someone needs to get Merell Hodge Fired immediatly. He has no idea what he's talking about and he needs to get the ax.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:22 PM    (permalink
danman253

Young and Leinart will be all-pros. I said Cutler would be a bust but its too early to tell really what will happen to him
Old 12-09-2006, 04:50 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Young>Cutler>Leinart in the future
I am still sticking with my predictions

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:42 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i guess you cant really doubt leinart's arm strength now eh?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote