Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-10-2006, 08:51 PM    (permalink
IrishBrowns
Rookie

IrishBrowns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im surpsied vince young is leading

i would have to go with Maurice Jones Drew or Marques Colston

and MJD has been very consistent and has put up some huge games

Colston will be close to 1000 yards receiving
IrishBrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
Addai is more consistant than Drew, who had one good game so of course everyone is going to jump on him.

Colston no doubt wins it.
Addai couldn't do anything today, Drew has made plays in every game he has been in.
Fixed.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince Young. I think he means the most to his team out of any of the other rookies. Without him the Titans would not have the record they have right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:26 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Vince Young wins this I won't even take it seriously.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:27 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown
Why not, he is playing good football and his coming up HUGE at the end of games to win them.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:30 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Why not, he is playing good football and his coming up HUGE at the end of games to win them.
I don't really think it's him. I was saying before he went in I thought there was a good amount of talent on that team. Vince Young is playing average at best, but what he's doing is motivating others around him to play better. I mean, a 64.8 passer rating? 50.2 completion percentage? Give it to Colston or Drew, they deserve it more.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:34 PM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't really think it's him. I was saying before he went in I thought there was a good amount of talent on that team. Vince Young is playing average at best, but what he's doing is motivating others around him to play better. I mean, a 64.8 passer rating? 50.2 completion percentage? Give it to Colston or Drew, they deserve it more.
Colston or Drew can be Rookie of the year

V.Y is an M.V.P for the titains

The Impact he begins to the Titians
Old 12-10-2006, 11:34 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
QB Rating is very overrated, but Henry has helped alot, but we really don't have a true threat at Wideout, do i think Young should win OROY year right now??No, but he can win another two or even all three games, then yes he should win it, but he should be Top 2 in voting no matter what IMO.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:35 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
QB Rating is very overrated, but Henry has helped alot, but we really don't have a true threat at Wideout, do i think Young should win OROY year right now??No, but he can win another two or even all three games, then yes he should win it, but he should be Top 2 in voting no matter what IMO.
QB rating overrated? It's an unbiased opinion putting together all the major stat categories. It's probably the most reliable one, even though I in general don't like to use stats to prove a point.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:39 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
QB rating overrated? It's an unbiased opinion putting together all the major stat categories. It's probably the most reliable one, even though I in general don't like to use stats to prove a point.
A win is a win, he is getting the job done, and that is all i'm asking of him right now, if his QB rating was in the low 50 and we were winning and he was showing improvements every week(Which he has for most part this season), it would be fine with me. You also have to look at his rushing stats when you talk about Young.

Old 12-10-2006, 11:46 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
A win is a win, he is getting the job done, and that is all i'm asking of him right now, if his QB rating was in the low 50 and we were winning and he was showing improvements every week(Which he has for most part this season), it would be fine with me. You also have to look at his rushing stats when you talk about Young.
a win is a win huh...

What do people say about Rex Grossman this year...

What did people say about Kyle Orton last year...

Both of those quarterbacks play(ed) terribly... Yet no one points to the fact that Grossman has led his team to a 10-2 record... or that Orton led his team to an 10-4 record... You can't say a win is a win and ignore bad stats. Because the record is never necessarily indicitive of the play of one individual on a team.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
a win is a win huh...

Both of those quarterbacks play(ed) terribly... Yet no one points to the fact that Grossman has led his team to a 10-2 record... or that Orton led his team to an 10-4 record... You can't say a win is a win and ignore bad stats. Because the record is never necessarily indicitive of the play of one individual on a team.
How many 4th quarter comebacks did Kyle Orton lead? The difference between Vince and those examples is that Young is actually one of the main reasons the Titans are winning. The Bears win despite their qb.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:47 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhisperSeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
Addai is more consistant than Drew, who had one good game so of course everyone is going to jump on him.
You don't watch many Jaguar games, do you?
He must not.
Pretty much. He's been consistent in his play throughout the season, and this is the capper.
Indeed. Drew has taken over a game (See Indianapolis games) or at least made at least one big game-changing play in every game he's played since week 3.

He's never been rendered a minor player.

That's the picture of consistancy.

In his worst game to date vs. Washington, he still popped off a 51-yard catch-and-run TD reception.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:52 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
a win is a win huh...

Well they do have a better defense, but Grossman........well the coach still thinks of a win is a win, but it could change tomorrow. But what i'm saying is
A. he is a rookie
B. he is leading some huge Come from behind wins
C. He is showing improvement every game
D. He is also moving the ball very well with his feet

Right now, i can say a win is a win

Old 12-11-2006, 12:06 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

MJD, Addai, and Colston have all been great, but none of them has done much to alter his team's fortune. When the team does well, they do well....when the team struggles, they struggle. ( It's also worth mentioning that MJD and Addai aren't even starters for their own teams).

Vince Young has almost singlehandedly changed the course of the Titans' season. They started out a pitiful 0-5, and looked horrible in the process. Since then, they're 6-2, including three consecutive upsets over playoff contenders, and a one-point loss to the Ravens. (Blocked FG on the game's final play....argh!)

Some seem to think the Titans' running game is saving Young...the truth is, the opposite is closer to the truth:

Titans rushing totals:
pre-VY....~70 yards/game
w/ VY.....~170 yards/game

Travis Henry...
pre-VY....2.7 ypc average
w/ VY..... 4.7 ypc average

Vince's passing stats may not look like much at first glance, but he's literally improving every week. He's not the same guy who was going out there in week 4....or even week 8.

He had his struggles early on, but in his last three games, VY has thrown for 65% completions, 630 yards, 4 TD's, and 3 INT's.... he's also run for 225 yards and 2 TD's. In other words, now that he's getting accustomed to the NFL game, Vince Young is averaging almost 300 yards of individual offense and two TD's per game.
And most important of all, he's winning.

(Incidentally....had it not been for Jones-Drew's 166 yards rushing today, he'd have fewer rushing yards than Vince Young.)
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:07 AM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Vince Young, it's scary how good he's going to be in a few years.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:33 AM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think that it's foolish to award the ROY award to the player who has the most impact on his team. That is what the MVP award is for, ROY should be awarded based upon individual achievements. This "what have you done for me lately" attitude is foolish. Vince Young was stinking up the house on his first bunch of games. Is this an indictment of his ability to succeed at the quarterback position? Of course not. However, simply because he's had three (or is it four?) come from behind victories doesn't negate the awful performances before. Colston was a shoe in five weeks ago, and although he missed a few games due to injury should still be the frontrunner. Mo Jo has been taking care of business, however he shouldn't be ahead of Coltson because of a few stellar games either. The DROY, DeMeco Ryans, would probably be second, with Mo Jo third.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:45 AM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I was on the Jones-Drew bandwagon, but damn VY is good. I thought he'd be great eventually. I didn't think he'd take this team to 6-7 after an 0-5 start. Tennessee is going to be scary in a few years. I'd imagine people are going to want to come to Tennesseee to play with VY.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:10 AM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Count me in the group that is torn between Jones-Drew and Vince Young.

Jones-Drew looks terrific and is making game-changing plays week in and out.

Vince Young is just making plays. Pass Rating is a flawed stat anyway as it places so much emphasis on completion percentage. Just look at David Carr's numbers. Would you honestly take Carr over Vince Young for one game this year?
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:34 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i still think colston in the leader. he has missed a few games but he was amassing a ton of yards before.

im still a huge fan of mo drew. i knew he was gonna be special.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks01234
Vince Young is just making plays. Pass Rating is a flawed stat anyway as it places so much emphasis on completion percentage. Just look at David Carr's numbers. Would you honestly take Carr over Vince Young for one game this year?

Bingo.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:19 AM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I posted this in the other thread...I'll just add it in here as well..(mods why not merge the 2 topics?)

"I think Colston lost rookie of the year when he went down with that ankle injury, and other guys like VY, and J-Drew started tearing it up.Which is a shame because he was having a great season up until then.

I think he can possibly reclaim it if he surges strong over the last 3 games and finishes with 1,200 yards, 10 TDs...

however if VY get's 2 more dramatic wins like he's been having...he's a lock for it IMO."
Star Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:38 AM    (permalink

OMG Maurice Drew ran over the worst run defense in football!! Give him the ROY!!!1! :roll:

It's easily Young for me. He's just too clutch and he is the main reason the Titans are winning football games.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:26 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Who is most responsible for his team's success? Who is keeping his team in games that they should have lost? Who is progressing at an incredible rate week after week? Vince ****ing Young.

Vince Young is ROTY by far and is only to get better. If he keeps progressing at this rate and level he's going to dethrone Manning as the top quarterback in the NFL in three years. Mark my words.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:31 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinks
MJD, Addai, and Colston have all been great, but none of them has done much to alter his team's fortune. When the team does well, they do well....when the team struggles, they struggle. ( It's also worth mentioning that MJD and Addai aren't even starters for their own teams).
Vince Young has almost singlehandedly changed the course of the Titans' season. They started out a pitiful 0-5, and looked horrible in the process. Since then, they're 6-2, including three consecutive upsets over playoff contenders, and a one-point loss to the Ravens. (Blocked FG on the game's final play....argh!)

Some seem to think the Titans' running game is saving Young...the truth is, the opposite is closer to the truth:

Titans rushing totals:
pre-VY....~70 yards/game
w/ VY.....~170 yards/game

Travis Henry...
pre-VY....2.7 ypc average
w/ VY..... 4.7 ypc average

Vince's passing stats may not look like much at first glance, but he's literally improving every week. He's not the same guy who was going out there in week 4....or even week 8.

He had his struggles early on, but in his last three games, VY has thrown for 65% completions, 630 yards, 4 TD's, and 3 INT's.... he's also run for 225 yards and 2 TD's. In other words, now that he's getting accustomed to the NFL game, Vince Young is averaging almost 300 yards of individual offense and two TD's per game.
And most important of all, he's winning.

(Incidentally....had it not been for Jones-Drew's 166 yards rushing today, he'd have fewer rushing yards than Vince Young.)
Drew had 100+ vs. the Colts, and the Jaguars lost.

He had a pretty good game against the Bills, and the Jaguars lost.

He was, like, the only offensive player that showed up in the drubbing in Houston, getting most of the team catches.

However, that's a pretty good argument for VY and you can't argue against it.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote