Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-10-2006, 09:04 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Charger fortunes

Chargers 11-2 would they better with Brees under centre ?

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:07 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:07 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:09 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Rivers over Brees and I think he's a big reason they are the best team in football.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:11 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it worked out wonderful for both sides. Hard to say the Chargers would be very different with Drees or Rivers in there.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:12 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they'd still be 11-2.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Tomlinson, Gates and that defense, Rex Grossman would be 11-2.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:22 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka
no theyd be 10-3 they would have lost to Oakland.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka
no theyd be 10-3 they would have lost to Oakland.
My good sir, I'm afraid you didn't get the joke.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same regular season record. But if Rivers loses in the playoffs, you can make a VERY strong case that they couldve won it all this year with Brees. River's inexperience could hurt them in the postseason. With Brees, this team is easily the clearcut favorite to win the SB.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Same regular season record. But if Rivers loses in the playoffs, you can make a VERY strong case that they couldve won it all this year with Brees. River's inexperience could hurt them in the postseason. With Brees, this team is easily the clearcut favorite to win the SB.
That's a good point. It gets substanially harder to run the football in the playoffs even for a guy like Tomlinson.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:52 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Rivers having better protection makes him look better than Brees did last year. If you put Brees back there this year with this year's line I think the Chargers would have had the same record. In reality they are similar quarterbacks. Rivers is better at working the 25-40 yard range of the field, so long term there won't be any major hangups about letting Brees walk (unless he beats the Chargers in a Super Bowl)
Old 12-11-2006, 05:00 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. They wouldn't be able to pay both of them. Keep Brees, and you create an imbalance within the team. They chose the best guy for their future. Brees may have made them a slightly better team this year, but I think Rivers makes them the better team over the long term. It would be pretty interesting to see them face off in Miami though.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:57 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
No. They wouldn't be able to pay both of them. Keep Brees, and you create an imbalance within the team. They chose the best guy for their future. Brees may have made them a slightly better team this year, but I think Rivers makes them the better team over the long term. It would be pretty interesting to see them face off in Miami though.

Who knows, Brees could bomb out in 2 years. I don't think he's as good as Brees. Brees would have this team at 11-2 if not better... he wouldn't have lost to the Ravens.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:09 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller
Quote:

Who knows, Brees could bomb out in 2 years. I don't think he's as good as Brees. Brees would have this team at 11-2 if not better... he wouldn't have lost to the Ravens.
He probably wouldn't have come back against Cincy and Denver though. For the first time in his career, LT is seeing 7 man fronts. I think that's all you need to know about Brees vs. Rivers.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen
Quote:
Quote:

He probably wouldn't have come back against Cincy and Denver though. For the first time in his career, LT is seeing 7 man fronts. I think that's all you need to know about Brees vs. Rivers.
Are you implying that Rivers gets more respect from DC's than Brees? Brees is QBing the best offense in the NFL outside the Colts. Rivers has the measureables, but I think Brees is one heck of a qb. He deserves some credit, he's my OPOY. LT is my MVP.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:34 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They're doing fine without him, Rivers has proven himself to get the job done. This is probably the AFC team to go to the SB this year. Great RB, Good QB, Good Reciver, and a strong D. IMo these guys are gonna go far in the playoffs.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:49 AM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Are you implying that Rivers gets more respect from DC's than Brees? Brees is QBing the best offense in the NFL outside the Colts. Rivers has the measureables, but I think Brees is one heck of a qb. He deserves some credit, he's my OPOY. LT is my MVP.
I'd imply that. Rivers has a much stronger arm and is much more of a threat to throw the deep ball. Just watching yesterday, Rivers burned the Broncos secondary when they started out 8 in the box. Then Denver adjusted and LT started to warm up.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks01234
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'd imply that. Rivers has a much stronger arm and is much more of a threat to throw the deep ball. Just watching yesterday, Rivers burned the Broncos secondary when they started out 8 in the box. Then Denver adjusted and LT started to warm up.
But who says Brees can't deliver the deepball? Did you see the Sunday Night Game? Brees was unconscious with the deepball.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:40 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But who says Brees can't deliver the deepball? Did you see the Sunday Night Game? Brees was unconscious with the deepball.

It's no knock on Brees, for my money he's the second best QB in the league, and first ain't Peyton. :D

But facts are facts, and during Brees' tenure in SD, even during his best years, there were still 8 or 9 guys stuffed in the box to shut LT down, and this year...not so much. Teams will try and sneak it in there and Rivers has made them pay very dearly a lot of the time.

So yes, I'm implying that Rivers commands more attention than Brees did, because I've been watching it. But it's really more like picking your poison with either QB. Brees is still, well, a saint really.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:43 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's no knock on Brees, for my money he's the second best QB in the league, and first ain't Peyton. :D

But facts are facts, and during Brees' tenure in SD, even during his best years, there were still 8 or 9 guys stuffed in the box to shut LT down, and this year...not so much. Teams will try and sneak it in there and Rivers has made them pay very dearly a lot of the time.

So yes, I'm implying that Rivers commands more attention than Brees did, because I've been watching it. But it's really more like picking your poison with either QB. Brees is still, well, a saint really.
Please.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:48 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Please.
I'm just saying, no one has led their team to more victories this year than Phil, and he's done it spectacular fashion.

hee hee Colts fans. It's okay everybody else thinks Peyton is number 1, you can deal with a few dissenters.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Please.
I'm just saying, no one has led their team to more victories this year than Phil, and he's done it spectacular fashion.

hee hee Colts fans. It's okay everybody else thinks Peyton is number 1, you can deal with a few dissenters.
Wait, so you were serious, not joking? Come on dude, thats a bit much. Thats like a Steeler's fan saying Ben was the best qb in the NFL last year.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:33 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

No, clearly the smiley face indicates a joke.

However, a couple years from Rivers just like this one and I'll get serious.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:28 AM    (permalink
PhillyChargerFan

We would still be 11 and 2 but the 2 losses would be against Cincy and Denver (the 1st Denver game). No way Brees wins those games..