Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Carolina Panthers Team Forum

Carolina Panthers Team Forum Discuss the Panthers

Old 12-11-2006, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

There was an INSANE amount of Giants fans in Carolina.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:20 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, we have terrible fans. There's some dedicated guys of course like for every team but for the most part BoA is filled with the wine and cheese crowd thanks to PSLs. When the season is in the gutter that crowd sells off their tickets to opposing teams' fans

This team really isnt as bad as it looks though. Injuries and bad luck have played a large role in ****ing us over much more than bad play has (though bad play certainly hasnt helped either). I know injuries come every year with us so maybe its time to stop blaming that, or get a new medical staff, but it just seems like there's always about 10 games a season with us where the game could go either way. And every year, about 8 of them end up as the same result. This year, they've all been losses. Just off the top of my head, Minnesota, Cincinatti, Skins and Eagles. Even yesterday the Giants fumbled like 4 times and we didnt recover a single god damn one. The Giants got that 4th and 10 play and the quick scoring drive before the end of the 1st half which are kind of fluky. Even though I distinctly remember getting outplayed, that game was a lot closer than the final score. I remember outplaying Cincinatti as badly as the Giants outplayed us and we somehow lost that, so its not like it doesnt ever happen

All I'm saying is next year probably wont be that bad. We've had on/off years under Fox since he got here. Don't blow up the team just yet, we've probably got a couple more SB runs in us with this nucleus. Do we need help at Safety, LB and Oline? Yea, but we knew that coming into the season anyway. Delhomme has been awful this season but do you know how long it took to find a QB as good as him? From the conception of this franchise until he took over, with Beuerlein being the only guy ever coming close. Another rookie (even a high pick) or competition is fine, but I've seen smart people on other boards suggest cutting Delhomme outright and getting Leftwich, which makes absolutely no sense to me. Like we need anymore injury prone starters

And for what its worth, the season isnt over yet. Granted, it's damn close since we lose every tiebreaker imaginable and this team is going downhill fast but we still had a chance in Week 16 after starting 1-7 a couple years ago...

I still dont mind losing out if it means coaching changes. Fox gets a reprieve, the assistants dont
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:04 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you guys think you'll do against Pittsburgh?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:09 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We'll carry a 3-0 lead into the fourth quarter and lose 27-6.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:10 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The the Panthers lose out, trading up for Quinn might not be out of the question. What do you guys think?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:13 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd be all for it, but Brady Quinn likely wouldn't come packaged with an offensive line so it may not be as much of an upgrade as it would seem.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:59 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont like Quinn that much but whatever

There's a scenario where we can end up with the #4 pick so we might not even have to trade up. Id rather get Joe Thomas than Quinn, he is a monster
Old 12-16-2006, 01:14 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

I think we should look to address the offensive line in free agency. A season with a rookie on Delhomme's blindside wouldn't likely be any more effective than Jordan Gross or Travelle Wharton. I think we should look to free agency for a left tackle and the draft for an interior guard to challenge for the spot opposite of Mike Wahle and to eventually replace Mike Wahle.

Josh Wilson out of Maryland could help us in a number of ways. He is a solid cornerback with fantastic speed, which would definitely be an asset with the number of deep passes offenses throw on us. He is also a very dangerous kick and punt returner, which continues to be the biggest flaw on our team.

With the current state of our offensive line, any quarterback we put behind center will need to be mobile to be able to succeed. I still think JaMarcus Russell could fly up our draft board as the offseason progresses.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:12 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

JaMarcus is really perfect for the offense we run but if you think getting a rookie LT would be a disaster Russell would be World War III out there next year. Again, I dont think we need to start from scratch. Our team could very well have 10 wins right now if not for some bad luck and stupid decisions. I have a feeling we leave the tackles as they are since Wharton will be cheap for his value due to his injury and Gross, as much of a disappointment for the #8 pick he is, is still a solid RT. Our interior line is a mess and I dont think bringing in more rookies is going to do anything there since the entire line and depth is 1st and 2nd year guys besides Wahle and Hartwig
Old 12-16-2006, 05:40 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

I still think Jake Delhomme will be our starter next year, so Russell wouldn't have to start immediately.

The reason I feel we may need to address the left tackle position in free agency is because I hope we'll have a new offensive coordinator next season. Hopefully, the new coordinator will understand that DeAngelo Williams needs to run to the outside to be effective, because of that the main responsibility to run block would shift from the interior of the offensive line to the two tackles on the outside. Jordan Gross is decent at left tackle, but at his best on the right side. We need another great tackle to compliment him on the left side and to help block for both DeAngelo Williams and DeShaun Foster when they run to the outside.

However, I also can't help but see what Marcus McNeill has done for LaDainian Tomlinson in San Diego. You may be right Batman, but I don't know if a left tackle who is a year removed from a major leg injury is what our injury-prone team needs. Joe Staley looks like a nice option, and we could possibly trade down and still pick him up later in the first round or early in the second round.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:57 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Nah I completely understand the injury thing...of course the only reason McNeil fell so far is his small spine being a career risk. I kind of like getting Russell to sit behind Delhomme but I dont like the idea of using a 1st round pick for the future when the present looks alright. Denver did it last year and their QB position is/was similar to ours and it really hasnt helped them a whole lot, yet. Staley is a guy I can see our staff falling in love with but he reminds me too much of Gross

Patrick Willis is still my favorite player in next years draft
Old 12-17-2006, 12:18 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

I have a feeling we win today simply because it makes no sense for us to do so

I also know that BoA is going to have more Steeler fans than Panther fans :/
Old 12-17-2006, 01:28 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Weinke is about two 3 yard passes on 3rd and long from earning the nickname "Captain Checkdown"
Old 12-17-2006, 04:45 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoe2k5
I think we should look to address the offensive line in free agency. A season with a rookie on Delhomme's blindside wouldn't likely be any more effective than Jordan Gross or Travelle Wharton. I think we should look to free agency for a left tackle and the draft for an interior guard to challenge for the spot opposite of Mike Wahle and to eventually replace Mike Wahle.

Josh Wilson out of Maryland could help us in a number of ways. He is a solid cornerback with fantastic speed, which would definitely be an asset with the number of deep passes offenses throw on us. He is also a very dangerous kick and punt returner, which continues to be the biggest flaw on our team.

With the current state of our offensive line, any quarterback we put behind center will need to be mobile to be able to succeed. I still think JaMarcus Russell could fly up our draft board as the offseason progresses.
I don't want a guy who just has better atheeltic ability but still makes the mistakes.

We won't need to worry so much about oline if we get a new QB. Why? Because they won't be ******* idiots and be under center when it is an obvious pass play instead of being in shotgun.

Get a guy that can get it out quick and is smart. Smith, and Quinn can both run shotgun well.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you guys feel about this trade?

Bears send to Carolina Tank Johnson a 2nd and a 6th, Carolina sends Kris Jenkins to Detroit, and Detroit sends Shaun Rogers to Chicago.

Thoughts?

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:10 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123
How do you guys feel about this trade?

Bears send to Carolina Tank Johnson a 2nd and a 6th, Carolina sends Kris Jenkins to Detroit, and Detroit sends Shaun Rogers to Chicago.

Thoughts?
Never happen but nice try.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:26 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

Add Brian Urlacher to your end of the deal, we'll add Dan Morgan to our end of the deal and you'll have yourself a deal.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoe2k5
Add Brian Urlacher to your end of the deal, we'll add Dan Morgan to our end of the deal and you'll have yourself a deal.
funny but no. Ill rethink my idea. Thanks for the input tho.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:31 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

Seriously, we wouldn't trade for someone like Tank Johnson. We value character as much as any team in the NFL, so Tank certainly wouldn't be a player we would target in the offseason.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:17 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else think that maybe we are becoming the redskins and think we can just buy wins?

Also, John Fox has said he doesn't believe in picking QBs early because they take to long to develop.

Yeah, ok John. Well your offense is a ******* peice of **** because you have no QB. Your dipshit offense of "pound it" doesn't work anymore. Your team isn't that way anymore and your loyalty makes you look like a fucktard.

Yeah John, your right. Other teams have problems too. But other teams weren't picked to win the SB dumbass. You have let down so many people with your ******** ways. Everyone can now see you how you are, your a coach that only has 2 winning seasons out of 5.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:34 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heard that Rucker was out for the rest of the year...who is going to replace him for the last few games?
metafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:41 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by metafour
Heard that Rucker was out for the rest of the year...who is going to replace him for the last few games?
Likely Al Wallace for most of the time, Stanley McClover may also get a chance to play.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:43 PM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn
Anyone else think that maybe we are becoming the redskins and think we can just buy wins?

Also, John Fox has said he doesn't believe in picking QBs early because they take to long to develop.

Yeah, ok John. Well your offense is a *********** peice of *********** because you have no QB. Your dipshit offense of "pound it" doesn't work anymore. Your team isn't that way anymore and your loyalty makes you look like a fucktard.

Yeah John, your right. Other teams have problems too. But other teams weren't picked to win the SB dumbass. You have let down so many people with your *********** ways. Everyone can now see you how you are, your a coach that only has 2 winning seasons out of 5.
I wouldn't say we are like the Redskins. They only major move we have made recently is signing Keyshawn Johnson, that was a necessary move as we needed a compliment to Steve Smith. Other than that, I actually think we spend too little in the offseason. I believe we try too much to simply equal the talent we lose, instead of actually looking for an improvement in free agency.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:23 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

pro bowl rosters out, ill just c&p what i posted in the thread

Not that any cares about kickers but John Kasay has been better than Gould this year, everyone is just slobbing over Gould because he was the Neil Rackers of fantasy this year until he started sucking hard recently.

Case in point: Kasay's only 3 misses are from 65, 53, 50. Gould has missed 4 FGs and hasnt even attempted one from beyond 50

Kris Jenkins making it is a complete joke. Complete joke. He's been mediocre at best this year.

Steve Smith and Peppers have done absolutely nothing in 5-6 weeks but whatever

Glad to see Adrian Wilson finally make it though!
Old 12-19-2006, 08:58 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman
pro bowl rosters out, ill just c&p what i posted in the thread

Not that any cares about kickers but John Kasay has been better than Gould this year, everyone is just slobbing over Gould because he was the Neil Rackers of fantasy this year until he started sucking hard recently.

Case in point: Kasay's only 3 misses are from 65, 53, 50. Gould has missed 4 FGs and hasnt even attempted one from beyond 50

Kris Jenkins making it is a complete joke. Complete joke. He's been mediocre at best this year.

Steve Smith and Peppers have done absolutely nothing in 5-6 weeks but whatever

Glad to see Adrian Wilson finally make it though!
Smith was fine until weinke came. He deserves to make it.