Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-11-2006, 06:40 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dub4President
I think that it's foolish to award the ROY award to the player who has the most impact on his team. That is what the MVP award is for, ROY should be awarded based upon individual achievements. This "what have you done for me lately" attitude is foolish. Vince Young was stinking up the house on his first bunch of games. Is this an indictment of his ability to succeed at the quarterback position? Of course not. However, simply because he's had three (or is it four?) come from behind victories doesn't negate the awful performances before. Colston was a shoe in five weeks ago, and although he missed a few games due to injury should still be the frontrunner. Mo Jo has been taking care of business, however he shouldn't be ahead of Coltson because of a few stellar games either. The DROY, DeMeco Ryans, would probably be second, with Mo Jo third.
Thank you. I completely agree.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:27 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I think that it's foolish to award the ROY award to the player who has the most impact on his team. That is what the MVP award is for, ROY should be awarded based upon individual achievements.
Silly me....I was under the impression that ROY was the MVP award for rookies.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Tobzilla
Pro Bowler

Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Vince wins it for me. He's had some huge wins this year and few expected him to play so well so soon.

PM me for sig requests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post
Suck it Trebek!
Tobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:07 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if the season ended now, Colston should still win. You have to look at the entire body of work, and not just the last few games. If Colston continues to put up below average numbers over the next three games and Young and Jones-Drew continue their play, then I'd bump one of them past Colston. But from day one to now, Colston has been the ROY.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:37 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinks
Quote:
I think that it's foolish to award the ROY award to the player who has the most impact on his team. That is what the MVP award is for, ROY should be awarded based upon individual achievements.
So because Colston and Maurice Jones-Drew landed in better situations they should be penalized for not being the only impact players on their team? It isn't most valuable rookie, it's rookie of the year. The only reason that Young is being mentioned as a serious candidate is because he has gotten hot at the right time. Colston had it looked away earlier in the year, and barring a catastrophic meltdown, it's his award. That said, Young will probably win.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinks
Quote:
Then you would be unquestionably wrong. It is absolutely NOT the MVP for rookies. Look it up. It awards the most impressive individual performance for rookies. That's it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And all of you are severly underating the high chance that Reggie Bush still has of winning this, whether you like it or not.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:19 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yah if Bush doesn't slow down he wins by default.

MJD is sick though.

Young can break his leg for all I care, I was at the Rose Bowl, it sucked. :D
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:37 PM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen
Yah if Bush doesn't slow down he wins by default.

MJD is sick though.

Young can break his leg for all I care, I was at the Rose Bowl, it sucked. :D
you must be a usc fan
Old 12-11-2006, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would give it to Marques Coltson.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonnna have to go with VY cause I have been a big supporter of him ever since he came out of high school and he has lead the Titans to a 6-4 record. I do think however Colston has to be considered because he was the biggest surprise on the biggest surprise team. The Saints would not be 9-4 without him.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing about Colston is he has a lot of attention diverted from him to Reggie Bush.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:22 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Bush should not win it because of his lackluster rushing efforts, should Vince Young not be penalized for his lackluster passer rating? It's still only hovering around 65. My vote would be for Maurice Jones-Drew. He's the best touchdown maker on a playoff team.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken
If Bush should not win it because of his lackluster rushing efforts, should Vince Young not be penalized for his lackluster passer rating?

Different positions, rookie 'Backs usually succeed right away, while rooke Quarterbacks do not.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:53 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:
If Bush should not win it because of his lackluster rushing efforts, should Vince Young not be penalized for his lackluster passer rating?

Different positions, rookie 'Backs usually succeed right away, while rooke Quarterbacks do not.
I don't understand your point. Are you insinuating that a rookie QB with mediocre to bad numbers deserves ROY over running backs with good numbers?
Old 12-11-2006, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't understand your point. Are you insinuating that a rookie QB with mediocre to bad numbers deserves ROY over running backs with good numbers?
My point is you cannot compare the struggles of Reggie Bush with the struggles of Vince Young. Young wasn't expected to put up good passing 'stats,' Reggie Bush was expected to be productive as a runner, in their respective rookie seasons.

Old 12-11-2006, 04:20 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate how ROY and OROY have pretty much become synonomous defensive players should get some consideration. Demeco has been more dominant than just about any other rookie on any side of the ball.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:27 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Titans with Vince Young 6-4.
Titans with Reggie Bush 0-10.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:31 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What about the Titans with Steve McNair and Reggie Bush? What would their record be?
Old 12-11-2006, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What about the Titans with Steve McNair and Reggie Bush? What would their record be?
That doesn't matter. McNair was gone even if they hadn't drafted Young. It was a money issue.

A Kerry Collins and Reggie Bush combo wouldn't have won many games.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:40 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a hard time giving the ROY to a guy with 51.7 completion % and a 66 QB rating. Statistically Matt Leinart is better in every major passing category. Other than the last 3 weeks Young has been pretty bad. I think it is between Drew, Bush and Colston, and maybe Addai if he turns it up.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:45 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
I have a hard time giving the ROY to a guy with 51.7 completion % and a 66 QB rating. Statistically Matt Leinart is better in every major passing category. Other than the last 3 weeks Young has been pretty bad. I think it is between Drew, Bush and Colston, and maybe Addai if he turns it up.
You are also have to put in Young rushing #'s and there are three games left, right now i would say
1. Drew
2. Young
3. Colston
4. Addai
5. Bush
6. Leinart

But with three games left this could change alot IMO.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:46 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

McNair wouldn't have helped us much if any, because Young is opening the passing and rushing game for Henry with his legs, Bush would make an impact with us.

Old 12-11-2006, 04:47 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
I hate how ROY and OROY have pretty much become synonomous defensive players should get some consideration. Demeco has been more dominant than just about any other rookie on any side of the ball.
I agree

Old 12-11-2006, 06:00 PM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I absolutely agree about DeMeco Ryans....in light of what he's done, it's hard to argue for anyone else as DROY. He takes it hands-down, IMO. Ryans' performance as a rookie has impressed me more than Merriman's rookie performance last year.....and Merriman had a helluva year last year.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote