Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-25-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Damn I want one of these. I just emailed Best Buy asking when my local store would be getting the next shipment, and hopefully I can get up early and get one.

How did everyone get theirs?
Old 12-25-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
Damn I want one of these. I just emailed Best Buy asking when my local store would be getting the next shipment, and hopefully I can get up early and get one.

Waiting in line 7-8 hours outside a Toys R' Us on November 19th, 2006.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Waiting in line 8 hours in mid-feburary.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Waiting in line 8 hours in mid-feburary.
Pre-ordering it before it came out and picking it up after waiting for 2 people ahead of me in line. :D
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I spent about a week on ebay bidding like mad...I finally got one and for a really good price...paid 300 for the Wii, two wiimotes + nunchucks, a cooling stand, charger for the wiimotes, and two games (Madden 07 and LOZTP)
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I spent about a week on ebay bidding like mad...I finally got one and for a really good price...paid 300 for the Wii, two wiimotes + nunchucks, a cooling stand, charger for the wiimotes, and two games (Madden 07 and LOZTP)
Wow. I find that hard to believe. But nice work.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Playing Madden 08'. It's hideously buggy.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How are the sports games on the Wii? I'm thinking of getting NCAA or Madden, but I'm worried that the controllers will make the game a little weird.

Also, Super Mario Galaxy is the bomb diggity!!!!!

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The sports games are still coming into their own. They are not at all perfect, but I hear they are getting better. There are some tennis games coming out, and I hear that EA sunk a lot of money into the next generation Tiger Woods game. I also have high hopes for Madden, but I'm not very enthused.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
How are the sports games on the Wii? I'm thinking of getting NCAA or Madden, but I'm worried that the controllers will make the game a little weird.

Also, Super Mario Galaxy is the bomb diggity!!!!!
I'm pretty sure NCAA is not out for the Wii, because if it is I am seriously out of the loop...
Old 12-26-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
Wow. I find that hard to believe. But nice work.
believe it...the guy who sold it to me sent me an email after I asked him why he was selling it all so cheap...he told me that he found a great deal on an xbox elite 360 for 250 and he couldn't wait for a buyer to pay 500 so he decided to go on the cheap end so he could buy his 360...

his loss my gain...I love it...

I know have
-madden 07
-madden 08
-Tiger Woods 08
-Super Mario Galaxy
-Guitar Hero III
-Scarface: The World is Yours
-LOZTP
-Metroid Prime Corruption

all very good games...
Old 12-26-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can tell you that the Madden games are very bugged up, and they aren't as realistic as I'd like. The gameplay is inconsistent, and the AI has been sacrificed for controller work. Once they develop the appropriate controls, they can soup up the AI. I figure Madden 09 or 2010 should be excellent.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 12-26-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Galaxy is the Game of the Year for any system. It is absolutely fantastic and really shows how much the Wii has to offer. I've spent 25-30 hours playing, and I love it. It's pretty fun to replay, too.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Twilight Princess is another long game that is absolutely fantastic. I put it down to pick up Godfather, then I got sidetracked by Mario and Zak & Wiki. Haven't had a chance to get it back, but I think that is forthcoming.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I can tell you that the Madden games are very bugged up, and they aren't as realistic as I'd like. The gameplay is inconsistent, and the AI has been sacrificed for controller work. Once they develop the appropriate controls, they can soup up the AI. I figure Madden 09 or 2010 should be excellent.
The bugs are horrible, Especially when it decides to freeze and erase your franchise save file..
Old 12-26-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it seems to me like EA didn't take the time and effort into their wii games.

Imagine if they took the effort to perfecting their game for the wii.

playing quarterback and holding the wiimote as a football for madden.

having your boxer imitate your every move on fight night...

wow the possibilities.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im guessing the reason is because EA etc. are american companies so they probably prefer working with xbox/microsoft.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

I think I've gotten a Wii. I found a guy selling his two month old Wii for $275 (about the same price if I bought a new one with tax). He's bringing it over (pretty cool) and I'm gonna inspect it and try out Wii Sports. If the transaction happens, I'm gonna try to head over to Target and get a hold of Super Mario Galaxy. Could be a great night.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

Got Fire Emblem for Christmas. It doesn't use the motion sensing capabilities at all, but still a pretty fun strategy game.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

I don't know if anyone has played NBA Live 08 but it is horrible...just to go along with everyone's feelings for EA and the Wii...

the really only thing you can do with Live is play the Season Mode, there is no more Franchise Mode nor is there anything else worth value...
Old 12-26-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
I think I've gotten a Wii. I found a guy selling his two month old Wii for $275 (about the same price if I bought a new one with tax). He's bringing it over (pretty cool) and I'm gonna inspect it and try out Wii Sports. If the transaction happens, I'm gonna try to head over to Target and get a hold of Super Mario Galaxy. Could be a great night.
I loved Galaxy, Godfather, Zelda, Rayman's Raving Rabbids, and Zak & Wiki. I have heard good things about Metroid and The Simpsons.

Old 12-26-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How far along is everyone who has Galaxy? I've gto 102 stars...I haven't turned off my game in a few days so I can keep my high lives count; I'm up to 93...

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I have 85 stars, and I've opened all of the observatories. Haven't been able to find any of the other green stars.

Old 12-26-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

I only have 52 stars...still trying to get to that 60...I don't play it nearly as much as I did when it first came out...it's good that way...you don't get too burned out on it too quickly...
Old 12-26-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I don't know if anyone has played NBA Live 08 but it is horrible...just to go along with everyone's feelings for EA and the Wii...

the really only thing you can do with Live is play the Season Mode, there is no more Franchise Mode nor is there anything else worth value...
it is a horrible game,

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote