Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Titansfan #53
Rookie

Titansfan #53 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Will Vince Young ever rush for 1,000?

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/424340

Will he ever rush for 1,000 yards in a season?
Titansfan #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:38 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:39 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

probly not, but wouldnt be surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:44 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i doubt it. no knock on vince, but i see him ending up more like mcnair, where the running complements the passing game a bit more. i try not to underewstimate his ability to surprise me, but i have a tough time seeing it. i mean, 500 yards in 10ish games is still a far cry from 1000.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Titansfan #53
Rookie

Titansfan #53 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think he will hit the high 800s at the most, I dont see him running as much in 2-3 years so he will probably have to do it next year.
Titansfan #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:47 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not rly

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:48 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn I'm the minority poster.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:50 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. Vick didn't even do it until this year. Young is nowhere near the runner that Vick is. Also, he probably won't get the same opportunity. His attempts per season will probably gradually decrease over the course of his career. I think they're gonna make a hell of a QB out of him though. I think he'll average around 500-700 yards a season with a few 800 yard seasons sprinkled in there. If he ever does rush for a thousand, it'll be a sign that he didn't develop as a passer. Titans fans should hope that he never has to run that much.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
No. Vick didn't even do it until this year. Young is nowhere near the runner that Vick is. Also, he probably won't get the same opportunity. His attempts per season will probably gradually decrease over the course of his career. I think they're gonna make a hell of a QB out of him though. I think he'll average around 500-700 yards a season with a few 800 yard seasons sprinkled in there. If he ever does rush for a thousand, it'll be a sign that he didn't develop as a passer. Titans fans should hope that he never has to run that much.
Or that the Titans never gave him a reliable security blanket for him to be comfortable as a passer.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:00 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

young is the type of player who is great at running when a play breaks down... he is not the type to run crazy... i dont expect him to reach 1000

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:08 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:
Or that the Titans never gave him a reliable security blanket for him to be comfortable as a passer.
I feel your pain.
Early in the season, I thought Tennessee had a great shot at bringing in Calvin Johnson. I really wanted to see that happen. Seems like a perfect fit. But yeah, hopefully Tennessee does a better job with their freakish QB. I'm sure they learned a few things from the mishandling of Vick's talents.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:12 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he runs for 1,000 yards, if woun't be pretty for us :(

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:12 PM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

In his first few appearances, Young did very little running...and when he did run, he didn't look very comfortable in doing so.

A few weeks ago, Jeff Fisher told him, "Hey, don't worry about it...if you see something open up, take off. Do what you do."

In the five games since then, Young has rushed for 320 yards...64 yards per game, with each game higher than the last.

rushing: 65 yards x 16 games = 1040 yards
passing: 200 yards x 16 games = 3200 yards

He has a realistic chance to be the first 3000/1000 player in league history.

Don't think it couldn't happen....he's been doing it for the last few weeks, and he's still learning.

However, if it doesn't happen next year, I don't think it will ever happen. As he become more and more proficient as a passer, he'll rely less and less on his legs.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:20 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince is looking like Randall Cunningham this season, and that is the path I expect his career to follow. He will probably turn into a great pocket passer and rely on his legs a bit less. He's in the mold of Cunningham tall, lanky, and elusive.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:48 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinks
In his first few appearances, Young did very little running...and when he did run, he didn't look very comfortable in doing so.

A few weeks ago, Jeff Fisher told him, "Hey, don't worry about it...if you see something open up, take off. Do what you do."

In the five games since then, Young has rushed for 320 yards...64 yards per game, with each game higher than the last.

rushing: 65 yards x 16 games = 1040 yards
passing: 200 yards x 16 games = 3200 yards

He has a realistic chance to be the first 3000/1000 player in league history.

Don't think it couldn't happen....he's been doing it for the last few weeks, and he's still learning.

However, if it doesn't happen next year, I don't think it will ever happen. As he become more and more proficient as a passer, he'll rely less and less on his legs.
Basing it off 5 games of his 12 game career? Damn. Pretty bold.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:49 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Vince wont.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:53 PM    (permalink
2drama
Veteran

2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.2drama could make a wolverine purr.

nope V.Y is not Mike Vick

he will prob at most average 400 to 700 yard per year rushing

he is not as fast as vick but still fast in the open field and can follow his blocks (it nice watching him use his blocks)
Old 12-12-2006, 12:08 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I feel your pain.
Early in the season, I thought Tennessee had a great shot at bringing in Calvin Johnson. I really wanted to see that happen. Seems like a perfect fit. But yeah, hopefully Tennessee does a better job with their freakish QB. I'm sure they learned a few things from the mishandling of Vick's talents.
Hmm...maybe Dwayne Jarrett to Tennessee in the middle of round one? He's already got a connection to them with Norm Chow.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:37 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I feel your pain.
Hmm...maybe Dwayne Jarrett to Tennessee in the middle of round one? He's already got a connection to them with Norm Chow.
An odd pairup, I'm sure those too would be akward first meeting
Vince: "So how about that time I beat you guys in the Rose Bowl?"
Dwayne: "yea well.... shutup."
Old 12-12-2006, 12:42 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure it's already been happening with Vince and Lendale. Although, I do remember Lendale making comments after the Rose Bowl that Texas had the better quarterback on the field.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:57 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sure it's already been happening with Vince and Lendale. Although, I do remember Lendale making comments after the Rose Bowl that Texas had the better quarterback on the field.
Thats quite douchey of Lendale.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 12-12-2006, 12:59 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
:shock:
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I feel your pain.
I think the franchise is haunted by the decision made by Blank to turn down Owens and Moss when they had the chance. Both very much wanted to play with Michael Vick. Hopefully the Titans get Young a go to receiver. Great passing play doesn't exist without top tier receivers.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's going to be developing into more and more of a passer. VY looks down the field as much as he can, Vick just runs after short time.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:35 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider
He's going to be developing into more and more of a passer. VY looks down the field as much as he can, Vick just runs after short time.
Cause after a short time, he has no time to look downfield.