Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-26-2006, 11:37 PM    (permalink
danman253

Well after that abysmal showing vs. USF, Slaton won't be winning it.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:18 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

Other - Marshawn Lynch

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:00 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
Other - Marshawn Lynch
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Anyway, If McFadden sucks against UF, it will be Hart. Otherwise, Dmac.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:26 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

you think Hart is better than Marshawn Lynch?

Old 11-29-2006, 11:27 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
you think Hart is better than Marshawn Lynch?
College back? Yes

Pro Prospect? Hell no.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:30 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

I vote Marshawn in both catagories...I think he has more potential has as a big playmaker than Hart. I would be hard pressed to pick Peterson over Lynch to be honest with you

Old 11-29-2006, 11:32 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
I vote Marshawn in both catagories...I think he has more potential has as a big playmaker than Hart. I would be hard pressed to pick Peterson over Lynch to be honest with you
That awful homerish. Hart has been a factor in every game, moreso than Lynch. More Yards, tds, carries. Hart is a top 5 college back, and honestley only Peterson and McFadden are the guys i'd take over him on the college level.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:34 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

how is that homerish? im not even a Cal fan. Hart is pretty standard runningback who gets the job done...Lynch is way more dynamic and explosive of a player. I can see you picking McFadden but I dont think Hart has anything on Lynch IMO

Old 11-29-2006, 11:38 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

Also, dont get me wrong, I dont mean to take anything away from Hart I just think Marshawn is a better canidate for the award...Hart just happens to play on a Top 3 team

Old 11-29-2006, 11:38 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
how is that homerish? im not even a Cal fan. Hart is pretty standard runningback who gets the job done...Lynch is way more dynamic and explosive of a player. I can see you picking McFadden but I dont think Hart has anything on Lynch IMO

West coast bias?

Look i jumoed the gun a bit, but hart has rushed for 100 yards 10 times this year, and at least 91 in every game. Consistent, durable, NEVER FUMBLES, breaks tackles, better t reading his blocks. His only knock, and its a big one, is size. Size is not a huge factor in college, but in the pros, it is.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:41 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

Marshawn does all those things plus he throws and catches great. I just think its a shame he is not in the running is all, i think he is a special player.

Isnt Marshawn almost the same size as Hart?

Old 11-29-2006, 11:43 PM    (permalink

Being totally objective, McFadden deserves the award. Unlike the other two, he doesn't run behind some of the best blocking in college football. He's been a warrior for Arkansas this year. But I could live with Slaton winning it too :D
Old 11-29-2006, 11:43 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Marshawn does all those things plus he throws and catches great. I just think its a shame he is not in the running is all, i think he is a special player.

Isnt Marshawn almost the same size as Hart?
Hart is 5'9 197, Lynch is what 5'11 200+?

Hart can receive too, but is used seldom in that because of the zone blocking.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:44 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by 062704
Being totally objective, McFadden deserves the award. Unlike the other two, he doesn't run behind some of the best blocking in college football. He's been a warrior for Arkansas this year. But I could live with Slaton winning it too :D
Slaton blew it last game with 40 yards vs. USF, but yes, McFadden should win
Old 11-29-2006, 11:47 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

Oh, I guess Lynch is bigger...I thought I recalled Hart being listed at 5'10 but guess I was wrong,

I agree that McFadden is the heart of the Arkansas offense...if Peterson was healthy he would have probably locked the award up

Old 11-30-2006, 06:04 PM    (permalink
TiTaNsFAN 1014
Rookie

TiTaNsFAN 1014 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just for Danman, anyone but hart :)
Old 11-30-2006, 06:47 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

this thread is as good a place as any... what happened to wolfe this season? i haven't heard about him since week 6 or so.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:20 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
this thread is as good a place as any... what happened to wolfe this season? i haven't heard about him since week 6 or so.
He had 4 games in a row of under 100 yards.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:40 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Quote:
One of which was against temple
Old 11-30-2006, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But thanks to how hot he started off the season, and how well he did in the last two games, he still managed to finish with 1900 yards flat and leads the nation pretty comfortably.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:02 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Quote:
And one against Western Michigan where he got 25 yards on 17 carries.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:04 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Quote:
And one against Western Michigan where he got 25 yards on 17 carries.
I was at that game. And to be honest, he looked so bad I was surprised he even managed 25 yards.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:44 PM    (permalink
niu007

I watched the WMU game too. Wolfe would get the ball and there were 2 guys standing there waiting for him. Total jailbreaks. As it turns out, he had a hamstring injury too, which explains why he looked so tentative in those four games (didn't know it at the time). Wolfe left the Temple game early when it was 40-0 or he would have had somewhat more yards. All those teams were stacking the line of scrimmage because our passing attack was nonexistent.