Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-11-2006, 10:51 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Quote:
Just to add to my arguement. Look at Tory Holt. He has had quite a few drops today. He is a "me" player. He is emotional. Yet he is a top WR in this league. I bet you wouldn't be asking for his head if he played for us. I just don't get where your coming from. The best WR's in the league are emotional. Thats what makes them the best. TO is under a magnifined glass so his mistakes are played out by the media more then any other player. Don't read into the media...otherwise it'll be a rollercoaster ride.
Yes Torry Holt has dropped passes tonight which is why the announcers are saying it's uncharacteristic for him, that's the difference. You expect TO to drop passes, from Holt you don't expect it. And Holt is emotional mostly in his head and with his play on the field, he isn't crazy emotional like TO. There aren't headlines of Holt sleeping in meetings, talking like he doesn't listen to the coach, or having any accidental overdoses. Where I am coming from is that TO is a time bomb, I know that sounds typical of the media but he is a basket case the sooner we realize this the better; and yes I would rather have Holt and would not be calling for his head because he wouldn't have a Sunday conversation talking about all of the flaws in the organization. Heart and stupidity are two different things. TO is under the magified glass which is why he should make an even bigger effort not to give the media a story but he gets enjoyment out of it. To take a quote for Bill, he sucks the media right in. It seems like to me you believe every word TO says when he tells people that everything he does is magnified and how much heart he has. Its all BS. I just hope we can get out this relationship before it gets to much worse. If he's back next year I will be very upset and will expect a lot of controversy. Year 1 you can usually get by with TO, year 2 your pushing it. Let's not push it.
Why take a cap hit on a player who has done everything you've asked of him. Your logic seems skewed. You honestly think JJ will release TO when TO has been a model citizen for us?

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:57 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Why take a cap hit on a player who has done everything you've asked of him. Your logic seems skewed. You honestly think JJ will release TO when TO has been a model citizen for us?
There actually wouldn't be much of a cap hit if one at all because TO signed a series of one year contracts, and at the end of each year the Cowboys can re-asess where they are at with Owens.

Anyways I would like to ask you one quick question.

Who would Jerry choose, Terrell Owens or Bill Parcells?
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sooo... will we be able to watch the Falcs game without a subscription to the NFL network? Or am I just screwed out of this game?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Sooo... will we be able to watch the Falcs game without a subscription to the NFL network? Or am I just screwed out of this game?
If you live in Dallas they will show it locally.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Oh thank god, I thought was gonna have to choke a *****.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:18 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why wont Skyler just go away?

He is better than that linemen he replaced, but come on. It isn't like he is getting chances to return punts, and he wont get carries at RB.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Parcells must see something he likes.

That or he just needs to fill roster space.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
The problem is, if you live in UTEP, the Valley, and possibly even San Antonio/Austin, you won't be able to get the game without the NFL Network.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:54 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Back on the subject of TO, i know he hasnt been as explosive for us as he was for the eagles a few years back, but come on now, would you rather have TO or Keyshawn. He does things for the offense that no one else can. Even if he doesnt get the ball hes still a great decoy which is helping glenn, crayton, and witten get unfavorable match ups.

the dude has heart and i really think he is trying for once. No major off field problems, no throwing team mates under the bus. Even though he may have excuses as ive heard some of you say, ive heard him take responsibility on the mic and say "I need to run better routes, I need to make the catches im supposed to make" hes owned up to his share of things.

I just think hes a different player than he was in the past, when julius broke that 77 yarder, he made an effort to sprint downfield to throw blocks. The phili or SF TO could give a rats ass if Julius scored or not, he was only worried about his own stats. I see him as much more of a team player now. Hes proved me wrong on many levels because i used to think he was just as bad as Randy Moss who is a real cancer.

I think the team likes him too, every time he score i see guys like Newman, Henry, and the LB's come bump him and slap high fives.

and most of all he has that electrifying factor. the crowd loves him when he does good.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:43 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
It will be simulcast locally in DFW on ch. 21 just like the ESPN games used to be. Unfortunately for people that live in other parts of Texas and don't have NFL Network, well they're SOL. I don't see it as that big of a deal, why don't all the NFL fans just get Direct TV or Dish Network, I think the prices are pretty comparable with cable.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:45 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have both NFL Network AND NFL Network HD on cable
Old 12-12-2006, 09:49 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Quote:
Quote:
The problem is, if you live in UTEP, the Valley, and possibly even San Antonio/Austin, you won't be able to get the game without the NFL Network.
Now I'm no geography major, but isn't San Antonio/Austin numerous hours away from Dallas?

Old 12-12-2006, 09:57 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

For those of you who don't live in DFW and don't have NFL Network just go to your local Hooters, I'm sure they will be showing it and you get a great view.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:07 AM    (permalink
OTcoach
Rookie

OTcoach hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

J. Ferg. looked to be laboring quite a bit on Sunday night. I know M. Stanley was drafted last yr to back him up at NT do you guys see a 1st day pick being used to eventually replace him?
OTcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Now I'm no geography major, but isn't San Antonio/Austin numerous hours away from Dallas?
I'm not sure what you're getting at, but Austin is 3 1/2, San Antonio something like 6 from Dallas. I live between Austin and San Antonio, and I don't expect to get the game without going to a bar.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:48 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

I think we can respond to the NO game one of two ways, one would be very good and one would be very bad. We could win out or lose out, it's all up to us. We control our own destiny. Well we could probably beat Detroit no matter what but to win the division and have a home playoff game we'll have to win out, I don't think the Giants will help us out in that regard.

CT, I agree with you on TO but I think we're the only ones. I'm getting pretty tired of the TO defenders blaming every stupid pretentious thing he says or does on the media. The media wouldn't ask him the questions if TO didn't have a well documented history of feeding the media with stupid pretentious statements and actions. TO is not a great WR, you can't lead the league in dropped passes and be a great WR. He is a very good WR bu to really make it worth it with all the baggage he carries he would have to be great.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:52 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure what you're getting at, but Austin is 3 1/2, San Antonio something like 6 from Dallas. I live between Austin and San Antonio, and I don't expect to get the game without going to a bar.
I guess it's just a matter of living in Texas. In the northeast or midwest and you live 4-5 hours away you're likely in another state or even region of the country. That would be like me upset that I can't watch Bears games living in Cleveland.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:16 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Do you have a cable company that doesn't carry NFL Network? That sucks, I'd go to Hooters if I were you, or maybe even to a "gentlemans club". :D
Old 12-12-2006, 11:43 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
I think we can respond to the NO game one of two ways, one would be very good and one would be very bad. We could win out or lose out, it's all up to us. We control our own destiny. Well we could probably beat Detroit no matter what but to win the division and have a home playoff game we'll have to win out, I don't think the Giants will help us out in that regard.

CT, I agree with you on TO but I think we're the only ones. I'm getting pretty tired of the TO defenders blaming every stupid pretentious thing he says or does on the media. The media wouldn't ask him the questions if TO didn't have a well documented history of feeding the media with stupid pretentious statements and actions. TO is not a great WR, you can't lead the league in dropped passes and be a great WR. He is a very good WR bu to really make it worth it with all the baggage he carries he would have to be great.
Exactly man. A lot of people fall into TO's trap, and I see right through him. He has an excuse for everything. He's either unhappy, or in the wrong environment or somebody hurt his feelings. Boo hoo, we don't need to every players personal lives, why does he feel like he has to share his. And yes TO is magnified like I said in a pervious post which is why he should make it harder for them to get a story out of him. Instead he gets enjoyment out of it. Which is why we are better off without him.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:53 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jim Rome said it best when he uses TO's comments about everything being perfect except no one luvs him SO he is still unhappy.

Funny cat that TO. I guess he wanted Parcells to be his dad or something.

Use the cap money for someone younger with bad hands who can still be coached .. one of the ATL guys or Williamson in Minnesota.

This cat is just plain crazy and a horrid team mate. No surprise that not one Offensive player went to his party. No surprise his best friends are alwasy on D or ancillary players.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:00 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Any chance Cowboys move around some players in the offseason to get more speed on the field?

Granted we need a FS but how about Henry to FS and get one of the young corners in oppositte Newman?

Or try to trade some LB depth and move Carpenter inside to replace Ayodele and get Burnett in the weakside iwht Ware on the strong side?
Old 12-12-2006, 12:04 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Also how about Spears to NT? Hatcher to RDE and Canty to LDE.

Use the Fergie money for something else?
Old 12-12-2006, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Also how about Spears to NT? Hatcher to RDE and Canty to LDE.

Use the Fergie money for something else?
Umm... only if spears puts on a extra 20lbs and increases his bench reps. No way is he NT.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Any chance Cowboys move around some players in the offseason to get more speed on the field?

Granted we need a FS but how about Henry to FS and get one of the young corners in oppositte Newman?

Or try to trade some LB depth and move Carpenter inside to replace Ayodele and get Burnett in the weakside iwht Ware on the strong side?
Not impossible, but not really the problem or an area of concern for our defense.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question of the day.

Will Bobby Carpenter turn into an elite LB worthy of his first round selection?

I thought we'd see more of him with Greg Ellis out, but it seems like he's only getting garbage minutes still.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote