Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-12-2006, 04:17 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Unfair Advantage?

Before the Patriots Dolphins game, the Dolphins got game film on Brady with audio so they could study voice inflection and work on anticipating snap count. Other teams haven't been doing it this season, and some consider it cheating. Is it an unfair advantage?

Personally I don't think it is kudos to the Dolphins for thinking to do that, it was obviously effective.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:19 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

If its available for other teams to get access to then its definetely allowed and should not be critisized.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't thinks it illegal, but theres something definitely shady about it. I just picture Saban in a back alley slipping a guy ,in a hat and trench coat, some dolphins tickets for the tapes.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:35 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
I don't thinks it illegal, but theres something definitely shady about it. I just picture Saban in a back alley slipping a guy ,in a hat and trench coat, some dolphins tickets for the tapes.
Sabans definitely got a game film dealer.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:48 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
"You got the stuff."
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think its cheating any more than watching film is.

All the people that say it is cheating should really be asking themselves why they didn't think of it.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:04 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well it may not be illegal, but the manner in which the information was obtained was... Elian gonzales was brought out of hiding in cuba to secretly record the audio of brady.
After returning to miami a parade was held and he decided to stay in America for good.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

NFL is a business so coachs and players careers depend on the way they do there job. As a coach you do all you can to get the advantage over your opponent so getting tape of the other team and study there habit is just part of the game. Its definatly not cheating, if there was a way to see all the cards from the other team anybody would do it , in a legal way. Why do you think teams sign players who have been cut from rival division teams?? to get a upper hand on them is it fair? absolutely its way things work.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Well it may not be illegal, but the manner in which the information was obtained was... Elian gonzales was brought out of hiding in cuba to secretly record the audio of brady.
After returning to miami a parade was held and he decided to stay in America for good.
And the plot thickens.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would it be considered cheating? If that's considered cheating, than scouting, game film, etc. should all be considered "cheating." It's not like previous games are classified or anything. :roll:
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

How exactly does this work? I don't see how you could anticipate snap count based on voice inflection.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:24 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
How exactly does this work? I don't see how you could anticipate snap count based on voice inflection.
probabably patterns in the fluctuations of his voice during snap counts or somthing to that extent.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:30 PM    (permalink

Quote:
I really dont see how someone can do this, every play is a random snap count. Unless the team is stupid.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
probabably patterns in the fluctuations of his voice during snap counts or somthing to that extent.
So they train the players to listen to his voice during snap counts and try to predict when he's going to snap it? Sounds useless to me.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:34 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So they train the players to listen to his voice during snap counts and try to predict when he's going to snap it? Sounds useless to me.
it's the best explaination i can come up with. :|

they get smoked.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:45 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They said the listened so they knew the pass protections and such. Like whatever Brady calls at the line Miami knows. In no way is this cheating, if it were the Dolphins would get in trouble, it is just a good job by Saban.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:48 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe what the Dolphins studied were Brady's actual protection assignments that he calls out after surveying the defense.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:53 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i voted yes... but i meant no...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:55 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sure there are different snap counts but they were probably in addition to studying protection assignments was any unintentional tendencies that Brady may have while hiking the ball to see if they could use it to their advantage.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont get why Salisbury keeps arguing that it's cheating on sports center. He even compared it to steroid use and isnt making any sense. Sometimes I wonder why some of these guys still have jobs.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:14 PM    (permalink
cgrsly57
Rookie

cgrsly57 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This isnt cheating at all. If it really happend and its the reason why the dolphins won then its New Englands fault for not mixing up thier audibles. Dont all teams use fake audibles on every other play anyway? I know my highschool team did and I just assumed everybody did.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:54 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

someone quote me where in the rule book it says that this (or anything similar) is against the rules. until then, there's absolutely no way you can make the argument that it is.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good for them. Hopefully this will teach coaches to change up their pass protection calls...before each game. If they don't already do that.
Star Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
More like line slides, or blocking schemes. Maybe Brady calls ''x'' player is blitzing, so tackle or guard pick him up. The player infront of him will know he's blitzing
Old 12-12-2006, 08:50 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the patriots just got their butt kicked... end of story.... sure maybe this voice thingy helped the miami D, but their D was man handling so badly that i dont think some voice thing would have made that much of a difference

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote