Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-13-2006, 03:38 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best 2007 FA LB?

With three top-flight LBs theorhetically available in free agency for 2007, which one would you choose for your team? We'll say you are able to make whichever of them work for your cap and that their team does not franchise them. Given the jump in cap, I'd be surprised if any of the three hit the market.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Adalius Thomas. He is the best in basically every facet of the game.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a pure OLB in a 4-3, I'd take Briggs.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:42 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adalius Thomas for my Bengals because we need a LB that can get to the QB... I'll gladly take Briggs though for a 4-3 LB.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Briggs he is the best LB on Chicago and in the NFC
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:48 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thomas b/c versatility
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:55 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have to say Briggs
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79
Briggs he is the best LB on Chicago and in the NFC
:shock:

Old 12-13-2006, 03:56 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd want Thomas for his ability to pressure the QB. Overall though, Briggs is better, Thomas is just a better fit.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

How do people think Briggs is better than Thomas? What exactly does he do better?
Old 12-13-2006, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
How do people think Briggs is better than Thomas? What exactly does he do better?
I'm looking at is as who would I want more on my team, the Giants. I'm not sure where I would even play Thomas. Sure he does a little bit of everything, but a jack of all trades masters none. I know what I would do with Briggs.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
I'm looking at is as who would I want more on my team, the Giants. I'm not sure where I would even play Thomas. Sure he does a little bit of everything, but a jack of all trades masters none. I know what I would do with Briggs.
Thomas is better in every facet of the game though. I can't think of a single thing that Briggs does better than Thomas.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:03 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Briggs. He's 3 years younger then Thomas, and has played in the same altered Cover 2 Shell that the Jaguars run in which linebackers roam sideline to sideline and deal with receivers and the running game first, and make plays in the backfield second.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag
Briggs. He's 3 years younger then Thomas, and has played in the same altered Cover 2 Shell that the Jaguars run in which linebackers roam sideline to sideline and deal with receivers and the running game first, and make plays in the backfield second.
Exactly. Gaints as well run a lot of Cover 2 and I'm not sure where he would fit at 6'2" 270 lbs. We would never used him as a DE with Strahan, Osi, Kiwi, and Tuck. Briggs would be the better fit. Plug him in right at WLB.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag
Exactly. Gaints as well run a lot of Cover 2 and I'm not sure where he would fit at 6'2" 270 lbs. We would never used him as a DE with Strahan, Osi, Kiwi, and Tuck. Briggs would be the better fit. Plug him in right at WLB.
Thomas is a better athlete than Briggs even at 270 lbs. He is excellent in pass coverage.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Adalius Thomas fits best for the 3-4 and he is a beast
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

I normally wouldn't say this but I think there's a great chance Adalius Thomas will sign with the 49ers.

I think Briggs will get the franchise tag from the Bears if they can't strike a deal.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:24 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anyone who votes for Cato June is either a Colts homer or just plain stupid.

Obviously Adalius Thomas is the better linebacker for a 3-4 and Lance Briggs is better suited for a 4-3. I believe Thomas is the better player though, and could play OLB in a 3-4 or 4-3 and play DE in a 4-3 as well as some DT in obvious passing downs. He's just so damn versatile and freakish.

The Saints run a 4-3 and I'd rather have Thomas.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:32 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I would pretty much just take Briggs because he is younger
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:34 PM    (permalink

lol no1 mentioned the other option cato june. :D
Old 12-13-2006, 04:34 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adalius will be a Raven, unless he wants to be a Skin.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:36 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Yeah... I wasn't going to be the jerk to bring it up though
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:38 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Yeah... I wasn't going to be the jerk to bring it up though
I don't think I was being a jerk... more like Captain Obvious...
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cato June is HORRIBLE. No one on the Colts front seven is worth anything.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:54 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd probably take Briggs, simply because I'd be wary of investing a huge some of money in a player that's about to be 30, and probably has more good games in his past than he does in his future.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote