Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-04-2008, 01:36 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default the UNFLF

IS THIS for real or is something wrong

http://www.unflf.com/webPages/aboutUs.html
Old 01-04-2008, 01:40 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks cool. Its a Development League to help Players get to the NFL. Nice Logos too. Some look like nfl ones but show more anger.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:06 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only way this gets off the ground is if the NFL buys or endorses these teams as a minor league. Say it's a Practice Squad, or lower, of teams. Say they will be 16 so two NFL teams share one UNFLF team. I would watch it if they ran spread offenses. The rub there is that the NFL would take less stock in the play of the league and so it would not transfer over well for the league.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:54 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

is it similar to the AAFL...?? All American Football League?
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it only runs from Jan to April, so i don't know how much exposure it will get. It looks to be for only for like d-2 and d-3 guys, and guys not invited to the combine.

I don't think its going to work, unless the NFL is porfiting from it some way.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

I don't think a minor league will really ever work for the NFL honestly. Each team would probably have to have their own team since they all run different systems and if you have teams sharing an minor league team, the players won't learn the team-specific system. Plus in the NFL, players are generally NFL-ready when they come in, we see rookies having great impacts all the time. This isn't like baseball where players need a lot more time to develop. And those that do need time to develop and the team feels are valuable enough to take up a roster spot can get on the 53 or the practice squad.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
I don't think a minor league will really ever work for the NFL honestly. Each team would probably have to have their own team since they all run different systems and if you have teams sharing an minor league team, the players won't learn the team-specific system. Plus in the NFL, players are generally NFL-ready when they come in, we see rookies having great impacts all the time. This isn't like baseball where players need a lot more time to develop. And those that do need time to develop and the team feels are valuable enough to take up a roster spot can get on the 53 or the practice squad.
i agree with your assessment in everything except for players aren't generally nfl-ready.

so many players are 'development' players. not nfl ready. there's going to be the exception, the AP's, the Carson Palmers, the Brian Urlachers who have an immediate impact as a rookie, but most players, especially in the oline. if you turned the league into a 'spring training' of sorts, where the nfl is able to expand the practice squad in this particular situation where players make a 'base salary', enough to 'professionally play football' (say 50k a year base), be able to have any team pick up 'non restricted' players (meaning, the best practice prospects get something akin to a RFA tag at all times, no trade deadline)... i don't see on how it'd work as a 'national' game, per se. but more as a local game, akin to the durham bulls, or iowa cubs, or virgina beach sounds... the nation doesn't watch their games, the media doesn't always cover their games (sometimes they do...), but, people pay attention to what goes on there, it gives time to players who maybe need another year or two...

it'd open up coaching jobs, and be the 'official' traning squad league of the NFL (as opposed to the AAFL and whatever mark cuban dreams up)... it'd provide upward mobility for coaches and players alike. create better coaching prospects, and ease the transition for college coaches to nfl coaching as well.

to do this, raise the salary cap a little bit. each team gets X money to spend on a bigger practice squad?

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
i agree with your assessment in everything except for players aren't generally nfl-ready.

so many players are 'development' players. not nfl ready. there's going to be the exception, the AP's, the Carson Palmers, the Brian Urlachers who have an immediate impact as a rookie, but most players, especially in the oline. if you turned the league into a 'spring training' of sorts, where the nfl is able to expand the practice squad in this particular situation where players make a 'base salary', enough to 'professionally play football' (say 50k a year base), be able to have any team pick up 'non restricted' players (meaning, the best practice prospects get something akin to a RFA tag at all times, no trade deadline)... i don't see on how it'd work as a 'national' game, per se. but more as a local game, akin to the durham bulls, or iowa cubs, or virgina beach sounds... the nation doesn't watch their games, the media doesn't always cover their games (sometimes they do...), but, people pay attention to what goes on there, it gives time to players who maybe need another year or two...

it'd open up coaching jobs, and be the 'official' traning squad league of the NFL (as opposed to the AAFL and whatever mark cuban dreams up)... it'd provide upward mobility for coaches and players alike. create better coaching prospects, and ease the transition for college coaches to nfl coaching as well.

to do this, raise the salary cap a little bit. each team gets X money to spend on a bigger practice squad?
didnt Carson Palmer ride pine his rookie year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
didnt Carson Palmer ride pine his rookie year?
he might have.
for like half the season to kitna i thought?
i mean. still. further proves my point.

i'm having a hard time of thinking impact players who can make a big deal the day they step on the field.

AP is a rare exception. but every year some rookie running back does it.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he might have.
for like half the season to kitna i thought?
i mean. still. further proves my point.

i'm having a hard time of thinking impact players who can make a big deal the day they step on the field.

AP is a rare exception. but every year some rookie running back does it.
Marshawn did it this year too, and Carson took 0 snaps behind Central Washington's finest, Jon Kitna

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Marshawn did it this year too, and Carson took 0 snaps behind Central Washington's finest, Jon Kitna

you win. i mean. that's what they're saying with the derek anderson/BQ hullaballo. comparing it to those two. except its not. BQ isn't the prospect palmer was. the ND HYPE MACHINE!

Old 01-04-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
you win. i mean. that's what they're saying with the derek anderson/BQ hullaballo. comparing it to those two. except its not. BQ isn't the prospect palmer was. the ND HYPE MACHINE!
yeah. BQ is also dillusional. he held out for top 10 money because he "feels" he should have been picked there.
and RBs usually have a smaller learning curve compared to QBs. Wrs make big impact early, just ask Randy Moss

Quote:

Old 01-04-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

exactly, for everyone not a RB essentially (i can think of six people in the bears training camp i would have like to have seen stay on the practice squad in someway, but impossible due to limitations) this a great idea. linemen can play next to those they'll be playing with for years, free agency will be tougher... and yes, running back prospects who need development would benifit by playing behind a consistant level of talent (which this 'should' be provided by having people drafted explictly for these positions, greater talent than your average D1 team, lesser current talent than the detroit lions)

Old 01-04-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cant wait
So excited!

Awesome logo

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it me our does this look fake? They want to open by next year, but there is absolutely nothing in place. They don't even have a commissioner. No owners, no cities or team names, players, coaches, team executives, they don't have anything but a website. It's a pretty poor website to represent a whole new league too. Their "goal" seems rather rediculous. Why would you want to train players to leave your league. I fail to see how they benefit from having their best players shoot for the NFL. And when the "stars" from this league hit the nfl they become practice squad players or the 50th man on the roster. Why anyone would make this up is beyond me, but I hope it is fake. If it's real it'll fail misserably. They're not going to get a TV contract, and attendance will be extremely low. Who wants to watch guys who couldn't even make a practice squad?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Is it me our does this look fake? They want to open by next year, but there is absolutely nothing in place. They don't even have a commissioner. No owners, no cities or team names, players, coaches, team executives, they don't have anything but a website. It's a pretty poor website to represent a whole new league too. Their "goal" seems rather rediculous. Why would you want to train players to leave your league. I fail to see how they benefit from having their best players shoot for the NFL. And when the "stars" from this league hit the nfl they become practice squad players or the 50th man on the roster. Why anyone would make this up is beyond me, but I hope it is fake. If it's real it'll fail misserably. They're not going to get a TV contract, and attendance will be extremely low. Who wants to watch guys who couldn't even make a practice squad?
who needs a tv contract? i'd go to a game every week if it meant i didn't have to spend every sunday cutting the grass.