Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-07-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Notre Dame RB Munir Prince is apparently transferring to Mizzou. He'll sit next year and will be a junior in 09.

Good get for Pinkel, you can never have enough quality RBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
TheSchmidt
Rookie

TheSchmidt hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

From Florida:

TE Trent Pupello
RB Chevon Waller
RB Bo Williams

Will be transferring after this season.
TheSchmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:30 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchmidt View Post
From Florida:

TE Trent Pupello
RB Chevon Waller
RB Bo Williams

No Deonte Thompson? Shoot.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheineken View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but wide receiver Jarred Fayson is transferring from Florida to Illinois.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/preps/2007...-will-tra.html
no. 3 Receiver his SR year ? wow. He's a Sophomore now so if he sits a year he will just have his SR year to play? OR can they redshirt him this year and he'll have two years of eligibility to play? Illinois needs another receiver to put next to Benn for more than a year. Zook is probably amped about this.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
no. 3 Receiver his SR year ? wow. He's a Sophomore now so if he sits a year he will just have his SR year to play? OR can they redshirt him this year and he'll have two years of eligibility to play? Illinois needs another receiver to put next to Benn for more than a year. Zook is probably amped about this.
he'd redshirt, and be eligible for two years, he's start out in 2009 as a rsJR

Illinois has two (perhaps three if Kenny Tate commits) real talented WR recruits coming in, and we have some talent on the roster as well, Juice will have plenty of reliable options next year.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:35 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Tennessee a possibility for Mallet?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3188170

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Tennessee a possibility for Mallet?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3188170
No, I don't think so. He's not fast enough for the SEC.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-09-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Yes but his OC and QB coach at Michigan are expected to go to Tennessee. He's supposedly leaning heavily towards Tennessee with Arkansas, Texas A&M, and UCLa also in the mix
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk
And Erik Ainge was?

Tennessee always has a good OLine, due to Fulmer being a former OLineman. Mallett would be fine.

DeBord and Loeffler are both in the running for positions on UT's staff, and both were in Knoxville Teusday for interviews. I assume Loeffler would be interviewing for QB Coach and DeBord for OC. Loeffler for QB's is great and I believe he's a very good recruiter, but I don't know much about DeBord. He coached TE's before being an OC, so him at that position would be fine too.

If any Michigan fan has any info on these two guys, that would be great.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 01-09-2008 at 09:00 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could a Tennessee fan tell me what this means for Jonathan Crompton? He's going to be a Junior next year right?
Old 01-09-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
And Erik Ainge was?

Tennessee always has a good OLine, due to Fulmer being a former OLineman. Mallett would be fine.

DeBord and Loeffler are both in the running for positions on UT's staff, and both were in Knoxville Teusday for interviews. I assume Loeffler would be interviewing for QB Coach and DeBord for OC. Loeffler for QB's is great and I believe he's a very good recruiter, but I don't know much about DeBord. He coached TE's before being an OC, so him at that position would be fine too.

I'm really surprised Lefty isn't getting any consideration for an Offensive Coordinator job. He's one of the best QB Coaches in the country. I really, really wanted Rich Rod to keep him around. I think he's the biggest loss of everyone we fired. Every QB who has played at Michigan since Loeffler has been there has been drafted, with most having shown at least a little success at the pro level. Todd Collins, Brian Griese, Drew Henson, Tom Brady, John Navarre, Matt Gutierrez (finished his career at Idaho), and Chad Henne (not yet drafted, but will be) can credit some, if not most of their success to Lefty.

Mike DeBORED is awful at Offensive Coordinator. If I was a Tennessee fan, I'd want my team to stay as far away as possible from this guy. His play-calling is so bad and unpredictable, it's beyond frustrating.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Yes but his OC and QB coach at Michigan are expected to go to Tennessee. He's supposedly leaning heavily towards Tennessee with Arkansas, Texas A&M, and UCLa also in the mix
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
And Erik Ainge was?

Are you guys serious? It's a freaking joke, I personally think Mallett should go to Tennessee, with Arkansas as a 2nd choice to consider.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-09-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jamarcus Russell sure had that blazing speed...
Old 01-09-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchmidt View Post
From Florida:

TE Trent Pupello
RB Chevon Waller
RB Bo Williams

Pupello = USF

Great move, I hear the USF benches are comfier than the UF one's...
Old 01-10-2008, 10:02 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Charlie Jones, Dajleon Farr & Doug Wiggins are all expected to transfer from Miami.

Farr is expected at Memphis & Wiggins is looking at Western Michigan.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-10-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
AllanO444
Rookie

AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Could a Tennessee fan tell me what this means for Jonathan Crompton? He's going to be a Junior next year right?
Yea. He'd start next year. And then when Mallett is eligable in 2009 Crompton would be a senior, and Mallett a RS sophmore. I'd guess Crompton would keep the starting job for that year if he was producing then Mallett would start the 2 years after him.
AllanO444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:50 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Charlie Jones, Dajleon Farr & Doug Wiggins are all expected to transfer from Miami.

Farr is expected at Memphis & Wiggins is looking at Western Michigan.
wait i thought Charlie Jones was a senior? and he never redshirted right?
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe McKnight and Michael Crabtree are tranfering to NMSU to team up with Chase Holbrook. :) :)

A man can dream.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats-Lions
I'm really surprised Lefty isn't getting any consideration for an Offensive Coordinator job. He's one of the best QB Coaches in the country. I really, really wanted Rich Rod to keep him around. I think he's the biggest loss of everyone we fired. Every QB who has played at Michigan since Loeffler has been there has been drafted, with most having shown at least a little success at the pro level. Todd Collins, Brian Griese, Drew Henson, Tom Brady, John Navarre, Matt Gutierrez (finished his career at Idaho), and Chad Henne (not yet drafted, but will be) can credit some, if not most of their success to Lefty.

Mike DeBORED is awful at Offensive Coordinator. If I was a Tennessee fan, I'd want my team to stay as far away as possible from this guy. His play-calling is so bad and unpredictable, it's beyond frustrating.
Many news sources have stated that Dave Clawson, former HC for the Richmond Spiders, has accepted the OC position. So no Mike BeBord unless he agrees to be the TE/WR coach. Though, I would still love to land Loeffler as the QB coach. Though, there are now reports that UCLA is going after the UM guys heavily. I think Loeffler is being offered the OC position, which would draw Mallett to likely transfer to UCLA. Not sure of DeBord's coaching fate, though, or if DeBord would be OC and Loeffler would be QB coach. But it would be interesting to see how the UM guys would mesh with Neuheisel.

If Loeffler decides to come to UT, I would be extremely happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin
Yup, Crompton will be a junior. He saw some playing time this year, and wasn't too impressive. He did play a bit his freshman year, and did well for a freshy. But, to say that I have much confidence in him being our starting QB would be a lie. It'll be a battle between him and B.J. Coleman for the starting spot next year, but since Cro is the junior, he'll probably start.

If Mallett comes to UT, he'll be avaiable during Crompton's senior year. I think Cro would start as a senior, but Mallett would see playing time. After Cro graduates, Mallett would start as a junior and senior, if he doesn't forgo it and enter the Draft early. But you never know. Mallett could beat out Cro for the starting spot.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude View Post
wait i thought Charlie Jones was a senior? and he never redshirted right?
He was injured in fall practice and I think we redshirted him. All I know is he's transferring, so he must be taking advantage of the graduating Senior rule like Kirby Freeman did.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-10-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohio State QB Robbie Schoenhoft to Delaware, WR Albert Dukes to Appalachian State.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:38 AM    (permalink
D-Fence

Rumor has it Ryan Mallett is in College Station for a visit this weekend...

Everything I've seen has his dad wanting him enrolled and taking classes starting Monday, so he's really taking this one down to the wire.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:50 AM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Fence View Post
Rumor has it Ryan Mallett is in College Station for a visit this weekend...

Everything I've seen has his dad wanting him enrolled and taking classes starting Monday, so he's really taking this one down to the wire.
ah that'd suck cause i had high hopes for Jerrod Johnson the next Vince Young I seriously think his best bet is UCLA
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:39 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of yall can't tell when someone is using sarcasm.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Xavier Lee didn't enroll in spring classes so he will no longer be playing at FSU. He may transfer or declare for the draft.