Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
TapouT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
There is a big difference between Dan Hendersons clinch game and Rich Franklins clinch game, in fact the two shouldnt be mentioned in the same sentence. There is a difference between a Greco Roman clinch and Muay Thai clinch. If Dan gets the Greco roman clinch hes going to be able to put Anderson wherever he wants him. I think you are all underestimating Danny, look at what a dehydrated Travis LUtter accomplished against Anderson. I am favoring Dan Henderson in this fight. I would not be surprised if Anderson abandons the clinch and tries keeping Dan at a distance using Jabs and Low Kicks to set him up for a KO with the fists. I really do not feel Anderson wants any part of Hendo's Olympic caliber Roman Greco.
How can you say look at what Travis Lutter did all he did was get trapped in a submission and how can you favor Hendo I see Henderson has a advantage with wrestling but Silva is the favourite for me because even with a takedown from Henderson rememeber Silva has Ju-Jitsu skills which he showed against Lutter traping him in a submission he is also is a Phenomenal Striker who is so well rounded its insane standing up on the ground Silva can beat you in my eyes Silva is pound for pound the best fighter in UFC right now and Henderson is still shaken by that loss from Rampage & I see this match Silva but I think that everyone will be shocked by actually seeing one of Silvas fights go to decision.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tito took the fight w/ Machida.

Liddell also stated he would like to avenge his loss against Jardine.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:30 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan Henderson has maybe the best chin in MMA, he can afford to eat a punch or two to get the greco clilnch on Silva. Silva's BJJ is pretty overrated, its solid for sure but hes not a world class Jiu Jitsu guy to the likes of Werdum, Jacare, Penn etc. If Dan Henderson gets the takedown he will win this fight. He will get on top and control grind Silva down. The UFC has been very smart with who they put in front of Silva, mostly bangers who will slug with him. The exception to that was the fight against the dehydrated Travis Lutter and Nate Marquardt, neither of which who have the takedown skills of Danny. Lutter was able to take down Silva pretty easily (why I referenced him in the first post) and Lutter had him in a bad position in the first round even getting the full mount. If Silva allows Hendo to drag him to the ground as easily as he did Lutter, Hendo will get him down, wear him out with shots and will either win via GNP TKO or Unanimous decision. I love Silva, easily one of my top 5 favorite fighters, but matchups make fights and I think this is a bad matchup for Silva.

If the likes of Wanderlei Silva, Gilbert Yvel, and Vitor Belfort couldnt put Hendo to sleep I do not think Anderson will either.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Anywhere in Europe you can find an English / Irish pub that will show English Soccer, always find one when on my holidays haha. The Irish leagues for soccer are very poor so it's extremely likely that you can find Premiership games there. With regards to UFC, I'm not too sure really, In Ireland you might get UFC on Setanta, but other than that your guess is as good as mine. Hope that helps a little.
Thanks man!
Old 01-10-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Dan Henderson has maybe the best chin in MMA, he can afford to eat a punch or two to get the greco clilnch on Silva. Silva's BJJ is pretty overrated, its solid for sure but hes not a world class Jiu Jitsu guy to the likes of Werdum, Jacare, Penn etc. If Dan Henderson gets the takedown he will win this fight. He will get on top and control grind Silva down. The UFC has been very smart with who they put in front of Silva, mostly bangers who will slug with him. The exception to that was the fight against the dehydrated Travis Lutter and Nate Marquardt, neither of which who have the takedown skills of Danny. Lutter was able to take down Silva pretty easily (why I referenced him in the first post) and Lutter had him in a bad position in the first round even getting the full mount. If Silva allows Hendo to drag him to the ground as easily as he did Lutter, Hendo will get him down, wear him out with shots and will either win via GNP TKO or Unanimous decision. I love Silva, easily one of my top 5 favorite fighters, but matchups make fights and I think this is a bad matchup for Silva.

If the likes of Wanderlei Silva, Gilbert Yvel, and Vitor Belfort couldnt put Hendo to sleep I do not think Anderson will either.
Alongside probably Big Nog.

Kind of a stupid question but since I haven't seen too many Anderson fights, how's his cardio? With Hendo's solid chin and clinch game, the fight could go into the later rounds and I know Hendo has mad cardio, so I just wondered how Anderson compared.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Alongside probably Big Nog.

Kind of a stupid question but since I haven't seen too many Anderson fights, how's his cardio? With Hendo's solid chin and clinch game, the fight could go into the later rounds and I know Hendo has mad cardio, so I just wondered how Anderson compared.
hmmm...he never really goes the distance as of late, but he has the build of a guy who seems like he wouldnt get tired. I know he doesnt run at all really, but that can actually help with his cardio because as pedro rizzo says, runners run, fighters fight. The one time I remember for sure that he went more than ten minutes was his loss to Ryo chonan, but i dont remember him gassing. Other then that his last 9 fight have been over in the first 2 frames.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:27 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
hmmm...he never really goes the distance as of late, but he has the build of a guy who seems like he wouldnt get tired. I know he doesnt run at all really, but that can actually help with his cardio because as pedro rizzo says, runners run, fighters fight. The one time I remember for sure that he went more than ten minutes was his loss to Ryo chonan, but i dont remember him gassing. Other then that his last 9 fight have been over in the first 2 frames.
Yeah, he doesn't look like the type to gas, but it could play a role in the fight maybe if it goes long I think, being in there with Hendo I doubt Anderson finishes quickly. Thanks anyways.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:58 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Though it has still yet to be confirmed as Montreal the UFC 84 event is shaping up to be a great one. Along with GSP vs. Serra there is Thiago Alves vs Karo Parisyan and also there are rumors that both Shogun Rua and Sean Sherk will make their return to UFC on that card. If Sherk were to fight than I would hope it woul be against Penn and that would make it 2 title fights on the night. There are also a few Canadian MMA stars scheduled to fight which is a smart move by UFC.

The rumored card is this right now.
Date: April 19
Venue: Bell Centre
Broadcast: TBA

Champ Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre (title-unification bout)
Thiago Alves vs. Karo Parisyan
Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. TBA
Sean Sherk vs. TBA
Jason MacDonald vs. TBA
Jonathan Goulet vs. TBA

Damn, that's a fine lookin card already.

And I want to say this. UFC has never seen fans like the ones in Montreal. If they have this event they will end up returning at least once every year. The fans in Montreal are actually crazy and they love their wrestling/mma. I've been to a WWE PPV at the Bell Centre and that was wild, I can only imagine what's going to happen with a top-notch MMA event.

I would also like to say. I WILL be in attendance at this event. I'm doing everything in my power to get tickets and I even have some connections that these tickets might be pretty good. Going to a UFC event live is definately something i've always wanted to do and I will make my dream come true.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

your lucky JF4 that does look like a sick card.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
TapouT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
Though it has still yet to be confirmed as Montreal the UFC 84 event is shaping up to be a great one. Along with GSP vs. Serra there is Thiago Alves vs Karo Parisyan and also there are rumors that both Shogun Rua and Sean Sherk will make their return to UFC on that card. If Sherk were to fight than I would hope it woul be against Penn and that would make it 2 title fights on the night. There are also a few Canadian MMA stars scheduled to fight which is a smart move by UFC.

The rumored card is this right now.
Date: April 19
Venue: Bell Centre
Broadcast: TBA

Champ Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre (title-unification bout)
Thiago Alves vs. Karo Parisyan
Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. TBA
Sean Sherk vs. TBA
Jason MacDonald vs. TBA
Jonathan Goulet vs. TBA

Damn, that's a fine lookin card already.

And I want to say this. UFC has never seen fans like the ones in Montreal. If they have this event they will end up returning at least once every year. The fans in Montreal are actually crazy and they love their wrestling/mma. I've been to a WWE PPV at the Bell Centre and that was wild, I can only imagine what's going to happen with a top-notch MMA event.

I would also like to say. I WILL be in attendance at this event. I'm doing everything in my power to get tickets and I even have some connections that these tickets might be pretty good. Going to a UFC event live is definately something i've always wanted to do and I will make my dream come true.
Its great to see the UFC fnally bring the UFC to canada I have been waitng for this for a while now lets just hope it wont be canceled like the others. Im definitely driving up to Montreal to see this one
Old 01-11-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

makes me wish they would have one in Baltimore I would be the 1st one in line.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they ever brought it to Phoenix it would sell out instantly, you have to wait at hooter's for an hour just to get a table & that is an hour before the thing even starts

I kind of wish we were still a small city

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

try a hooters outsideof phoenix it probably won't be as crowded.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man UFC is coming in Montreal. I'm gonna be there for sure.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/01/...chuck-liddell/

either Wand or Jardine will be Liddell next match. I say someone that Liddell hasn't fought yet.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
TapouT

I think that the winner of Ortiz VS Machida will fight Lidell and it is said that Machida wants to fight Lidell nexthttp://www.mmafightline.com/news/200...c_312715.shtml. but im hearing alot of things like Lidell wanting to fight Jardine again a fight against Shogun and another rematch against Wand. http://www.ufcdaily.com/2008/01/03/c...va-whats-next/
Old 01-12-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

ehhh I dont wanna see Liddell VS. Ortiz 3 if Tito wins.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
ehhh I dont wanna see Liddell VS. Ortiz 3 if Tito wins.
yeah, that would be a horrible fight.

it'd be like shamrock ortiz 3.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
TapouT

Ortiz Vs Lidell 3 I wouldnt want to see either but who said Ortiz would beat Machida I can see Machida getting the victory over Ortiz by submission in that one.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:27 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be willing to bet my left nut that if Machida beats Ortiz he gets a title shot. Thats the reason they put him against their cash cow Ortiz, to build up his name.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
TapouT

very true I see this fight as nothing more then a preview for fans to see what Machida can do in the octagon once he gets his title shot.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope my boy Ortiz beats his ass, Machida is one of the most boring fighters out there IMO. Sylvia holds that honor btw.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
TapouT

Yeah but even if Machida is a boring fighter Tito is a cocky ass hole that dont deserve a title shot since all he does is run his mouth and when he runs his mouth and cant back it up he runs off from the company to be on the Apprentice. Tito needs a reality check he cant be running his mouth about beating up a 40 year old man 3 times forever and plus I guarntee you Machida will trap him in a submission and then whats he goona run his mouth about after that.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT View Post
Yeah but even if Machida is a boring fighter Tito is a cocky ass hole that dont deserve a title shot since all he does is run his mouth and when he runs his mouth and cant back it up he runs off from the company to be on the Apprentice. Tito needs a reality check he cant be running his mouth about beating up a 40 year old man 3 times forever and plus I guarntee you Machida will trap him in a submission and then whats he goona run his mouth about after that.
Titos one of the best personalities in the UFC and brings in mad money. You can hate him all you want but in the end he brings in what they want.. $$$$$$
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Tito Ortiz is a huge PPV draw for whatever reason people love him. The UFC often puts him against young fighters that they want to be super stars (Rashad Evans, Forrest Griffin) Thus the reason I think they put Machida against him, they want to introduce the biggest audience possible to Machida, and other than Liddell no one pulls the crowd and PPV numbers Tito does.