Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
TapouT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Titos one of the best personalities in the UFC and brings in mad money. You can hate him all you want but in the end he brings in what they want.. $$$$$$
Yeah ill agree with you Tito brings in the $$$$$ but the best personality in the UFC you have to be kidding the guy is the opposite of a great personality guys like GSP in my mind is the personality that the sport is lacking but me personally im not a guy that likes such serious fighters I like trash talking to but to a certain point like Rampage jokes and trash talks but wont push it over the edge guys like Tito he also is ungrateful and will abandoned the company when things arent goin his way unlike guys who are loyal like Lidell who rarely complain about there title shots or PPV spot. In my mind the reason I pay money to see Ortiz on PPV is just so I might see him get his ass kicked you can like Tito all you like but ive never liked Ortiz plus this is his first fight back after coming off a loss and tie he dont deserve a shot yet.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea I like Tito fighting style but I hate his trash talk. I wanted to see Dan Henderson kick his ass but they didn't get the fight set up.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT View Post
Yeah but even if Machida is a boring fighter Tito is a cocky ass hole that dont deserve a title shot since all he does is run his mouth and when he runs his mouth and cant back it up he runs off from the company to be on the Apprentice. Tito needs a reality check he cant be running his mouth about beating up a 40 year old man 3 times forever and plus I guarntee you Machida will trap him in a submission and then whats he goona run his mouth about after that.
He has a very bad back. The reason he was able to go on the apprentice was because he needed time to rest up his back.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how does everyone like my new Dan Henderson sig? I hope he takes Anderson, I think he will if he greco clinchs him and gets takedowns.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hollywood Henderson is still a better nickname, I've never been a fan of giving yourself a nickname, but nice sig

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

the thing about Hollywood Henderson is there is nothing hollywood about him. I could see if he had a Phil Baroni/Tito Ortiz like attitude and style but he seems more blue collar so I dont see how Hollywood would fit.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
the thing about Hollywood Henderson is there is nothing hollywood about him. I could see if he had a Phil Baroni/Tito Ortiz like attitude and style but he seems more blue collar so I dont see how Hollywood would fit.
I believe they call him Hollywood because of where he lives, not because of the attitude he carries. For the record my favorite nickname for him is 'Hendo'
Old 01-13-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know what the name of the position Ryan Schultz is in CCB's sig?

it has to be one of the most dominate i could think of, i can't think of a way to get out of it, or even a way how to get someone into it

he has his legs split and his left arm trapped behind his back

Old 01-13-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I know in wrestling when you have his arm like that it is called a hammerlock, I guess a half-guard hammerlock.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

don't you have to be behind someone for a hammerlock

Old 01-13-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Anyone know what the name of the position Ryan Schultz is in CCB's sig?

it has to be one of the most dominate i could think of, i can't think of a way to get out of it, or even a way how to get someone into it

he has his legs split and his left arm trapped behind his back
I think it's just a more dominant version of the halfguard to be honest.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
don't you have to be behind someone for a hammerlock
yea but if you are behind someone you can turn them and keep their arm like that. I think UKfan is right it is just a dminating half/guard. I doubt it has a name
Old 01-14-2008, 09:39 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
Though it has still yet to be confirmed as Montreal the UFC 84 event is shaping up to be a great one. Along with GSP vs. Serra there is Thiago Alves vs Karo Parisyan and also there are rumors that both Shogun Rua and Sean Sherk will make their return to UFC on that card. If Sherk were to fight than I would hope it woul be against Penn and that would make it 2 title fights on the night. There are also a few Canadian MMA stars scheduled to fight which is a smart move by UFC.

The rumored card is this right now.
Date: April 19
Venue: Bell Centre
Broadcast: TBA

Champ Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre (title-unification bout)
Thiago Alves vs. Karo Parisyan
Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. TBA
Sean Sherk vs. TBA
Jason MacDonald vs. TBA
Jonathan Goulet vs. TBA

Damn, that's a fine lookin card already.

And I want to say this. UFC has never seen fans like the ones in Montreal. If they have this event they will end up returning at least once every year. The fans in Montreal are actually crazy and they love their wrestling/mma. I've been to a WWE PPV at the Bell Centre and that was wild, I can only imagine what's going to happen with a top-notch MMA event.

I would also like to say. I WILL be in attendance at this event. I'm doing everything in my power to get tickets and I even have some connections that these tickets might be pretty good. Going to a UFC event live is definately something i've always wanted to do and I will make my dream come true.
And it only get's better. According to rumors from thefightnetwork.com Rich Franklin might fight Travis Lutter on the April Card in Montreal. And Patrick Cote may fight too.

Also, I don't know if you guys saw this but...

Quote:
Former PRIDE heavyweight champion and current M-1 Global fighter Fedor Emelianenko will meet with estranged UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture on Thursday — likely to discuss the bout that the two fighters have long desired.
http://mmajunkie.com/2008/01/14/fedo...t-on-thursday/

stephenson86

Last edited by JF4 : 01-14-2008 at 09:47 AM.
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

good we need them 2 fight
Old 01-19-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone watching the PPV? Kendall Grove got KTFO again! Poor spyda.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Anyone watching the PPV? Kendall Grove got KTFO again! Poor spyda.
can you keep the rest of the results to yourself, i wasn't waking up at 12 to watch that shiz so i'm going to hooters later

anyone know what time it's reairing?

or maybe a link to it online

Last edited by fenikz : 01-19-2008 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:35 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
can you keep the rest of the results to yourself, i wasn't waking up at 12 to watch that shiz so i'm going to hooters later

anyone know what time it's reairing?
Its on right now, started at 3 pm not 12. Just avoid the thread.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

3 your time is 12 mine

Old 01-19-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very good card, I won't reveal any results, but whatever you do, watch the first 30 seconds of the Taylor v Kelly fight, wow!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Last edited by UKfan : 01-19-2008 at 07:30 PM.
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This UFC was surprisingly very entertaining. Bravo for my favorite fighter dominating.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:45 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that event was so sick. dude got dominated.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

BJ Penn is a beast, Lambert go KOed hard. I liked the card. But I am looking forward to the HWT title match next card.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:20 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I hate B.J. Penn but I admit he is really good, Sherk could take him though IMO

Old 01-20-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hate B.J. Penn but I admit he is really good, Sherk could take him though IMO
nah i disagree. the thing about BJ Penn is he rushes you from the beginning. For everyone else if you rush, it's easy for you to lose your balance, but that's Penn's strength to be able to rush you yet at the same time keep himself upright.

I honestly don't know what sherk would do. Bring BJ Penn to the ground? that's where BJ is strongest.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea I got BJ Penn against Sherk.