Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-17-2006, 03:07 AM    (permalink
DancingMonkey
Rookie

DancingMonkey hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is sad.. they reported before the game about TO's ligament tear in his finger and how he'll never be able to bend it again, and I was starting to feel a little more love for the guy as he was seemingly sacrificing something to keep playing. Hate to say it but it seems a little silly now with the whole spitting incident - he didn't even try to deny it on the Post Game interview. Just said he'll "apologize like a man and move on" while Deion looked at him and talked in a tone you'd use while talking to a kid almost. :P

Kinda sad to see, really. TO wouldn't make eye-contact either.

Also - only got to watch the first half, but Ware impressed me greatly. I saw a few plays where instead of rushing towards Vick and losing contain he kept shuffling alongside, and prevented quite a few scrambling opportunities. Great to see from such a young player.
DancingMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:23 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

D-Ware's INT and subsequent return for a TD was one of the most athletic plays I've ever seen a defensive player make let alone a LB/DE. I don't ever want to hear that other guys name who was busted for roids ever again as it relates to the draft day comparisons.

MB3 is a bad ace mother trucker! He delivers more hits than he receives, there's no reason he shouldn't be the starter unless we're just worried about chemistry by making a change this late in the season. MB3 literally ran over at least 2 or 3 people including Keith Brooking and Chris Crocker. He delivered a wicked stiff arm to Crocker. 8)
Old 12-17-2006, 04:19 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
D-Ware's INT and subsequent return for a TD was one of the most athletic plays I've ever seen a defensive player make let alone a LB/DE. I don't ever want to hear that other guys name who was busted for roids ever again as it relates to the draft day comparisons.

MB3 is a bad ace mother trucker! He delivers more hits than he receives, there's no reason he shouldn't be the starter unless we're just worried about chemistry by making a change this late in the season. MB3 literally ran over at least 2 or 3 people including Keith Brooking and Chris Crocker. He delivered a wicked stiff arm to Crocker. 8)
I think we should stop putting ware in a stance. Hes much more effective rushing the QB when he starts from a stand and it doesnt hinder his rush defense. Either way, the guy has impressed me with his tackles and smarts, he isnt the sack machine merriman is but he is very solid all around. I think it also hurts that he doesnt have a compliment on the other side. I wish we had burnett over there but hopefully carp works out
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:53 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ware's INT made Sportscenter's top 10 as the #1 play. Pretty freakish, I didn't get a chance to see it until a few minutes ago.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:55 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is dumb. Last night, we ran the ball 24 times. Jones got 13 of those, and came up with 26 yards. Barber took the other 11 for 69 yards and two TDs. I want to know why we force the ball to Jones when Barber is a better all-around back. I know, I know. "Jones is a home-run threat." But last night, Jones' longest run was 9 yards. Compare that to Barbers' 13 yard run as his longest. In fact, Jones has 5 runs for 20 or more yards. Barber has 4. One more play. Out of Jones' 247 carries (which happens to be 125 more than Barber). I want to see more Barber than Jones next game, because he's just plain better. He's a better runner. He's a better blocker. He's a better reciever. Plus, he's more of Parcells-type back.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, BP is throwing the ball way too much. I also agree that Barber should start and get 20+ carries a game. Im just not a fan of Julius Jones. I like backs who run for average, they sustain drives and wear down defenses. Barber is a stud.

I think the issue with the FB flats is the ILB is assigned to the FB, and your ILB isn't fast enough to get there in time. I think a quick remedy to that is move Carp inside and have him chase down the FB, but thats a tough thing to do now since he's coming to life on the outside.

I also think that the front 3 is doing a poor job. I attribute alot of your lack of pass rush to them.

Marcus Spears might be a bust.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
WE DON'T DESERVE TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

WE'RE CHOKING IN THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Um no, last week was the biggest game of the year for you IMO win or lose.
Um no, you're wrong. This is the big game. If we would have lost, we would be out of first place.
Beeecause you lost last week, in the most important game of the season. If you had won that game you not only would have won the division, but also had been the 2nd seed.
So that makes this game the most important. What are you not understanding? We were still in first place. While it would have been great to have won that game, we did not. Since we did not, this game became the big one.
1)Had you lost this game, but still beat the Saints you'd still be the #2 seed.

2)Losing to the Saints gives the Saints the tiebreaker. Therefore, even if the Saints lose this week, they're still the #2

3)Theeeeerefore, last week was more important for your playoff seeding than this week, regardless of the results of the other game.

This isn't a matter of opinion, it's the way the playoff bracketing works. If you still do not understand this, I suggest finding some traffic to play in.

Funny. Wrong, wrong , wrong. This will be my last post on this subject Einstein. The number 2 seed would not matter if we had lost this game. THIS game. We would not be in control of our destiny if we lost this game. I'm a helluva lot more concerned with BEING in the playoffs than with the number 2 seed.
Dude you are going to be in the playoffs even if you lost this game, the NFC is that bad.

And I'd be concerned about a #2 seed if I were you, because I can't see you guys going into New Orleans (which is probably where you'll go) and winning.

Last weeks game was bigger then this week, like I said win or lose. If you win, you guys are the #2 seed and are in the driver seat for a first round bye. If you guys lose then you'll have to go on the road in the 2nd Round against either New Orleans or Chicago. This was a statement game for you guys and you got plastered at home on Sunday Night. Sure this was a big game as well but last weeks was bigger for multiple reasons.

And like I said, you guys are already in the playoffs, whether or not you won or lose this game.
I'm never sure until I'm sure. Have you seen Dallas over the last couple of years? We can't afford to take anything for granted. I worry about about every game in December much like you do I'm sure. As far as the Saints go, yeah they destroyed us, but I would be more worried about the Giants if they make it. If we play the Saints again, I don't think it will end the same way. Call me crazy.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:28 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Uh, Thule, how did those ATL WR look last night?

Ok, so from my ATL wish list that Mr Blank will make possible is Jenkins. He is fing fast and hands looked fine to me. Big too.

On TO, ugggg. Gotta go. No matter his skills.

Our DEs need to work very very hard on learning to pass rush. They look like they don't have a 'sense of speed' that JJ used to talk about.

Lastly, did I hear someone say our ILB are too slow and we need Carp's speed there?

Boy, maybe the professionals on this board should listen to other opinions ....

MB3 is a starter. Hope he packs on a few and becomes the feature back. Julius has no vision or instinct or balance to be a starter. When his contract is done, he is gone.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Number-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
I agree, BP is throwing the ball way too much. I also agree that Barber should start and get 20+ carries a game. Im just not a fan of Julius Jones. I like backs who run for average, they sustain drives and wear down defenses. Barber is a stud.

I think the issue with the FB flats is the ILB is assigned to the FB, and your ILB isn't fast enough to get there in time. I think a quick remedy to that is move Carp inside and have him chase down the FB, but thats a tough thing to do now since he's coming to life on the outside.

I also think that the front 3 is doing a poor job. I attribute alot of your lack of pass rush to them.

Marcus Spears might be a bust.
I think the guy missing the flat assignment is the FS. He's(who the FS is) always coming in for the tackle and is near.

As for Spears..I wanted Luis Castillo I didn't care that he got busted. I thought he had better pass rushing skills and while not as good in run defense, could still stand his position. I think it's time for Jay Ratliff to get a chance to start. Canty gets a push but can't get off his man...so mleh
Old 12-17-2006, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did Flozell play?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Number-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
How did Flozell play?
I was actually surprised by how well he played John Abraham. He got a little help but mainly throughout the game we left Flozell and Colombo on a island. Now our interior line played like crap. Marco Rivera needs to go he's either getting pushed back, blown by, or getting a holding call.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:48 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How did Flozell play?
I know he got hurt but he did play pretty well from what I saw. I think Romo had about two times where he got some serious pressure.

IMO your OL was the MVP of last night's game. They were awesome in both aspects.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
How did Flozell play?
I know he got hurt but he did play pretty well from what I saw. I think Romo had about two times where he got some serious pressure.

IMO your OL was the MVP of last night's game. They were awesome in both aspects.
Flo did a good job pushing Abraham wide last night. That was key. Rivera's been pretty average all year, but as a whole I think they played well. Rod Coleman was a load inside last night.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 12-17-2006, 11:32 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Marco Rivera is the biggest waste of space I've ever seen, he's literally stealing money from Jerry. He seems like a nice guy but he should just go ahead and retire because he's quite obviously not the player he was for the Packers.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:32 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

A few short notes:

Flo played great. Looking better and better. Our Tackles are pretty good.

Guards need to be replaced. They get pushed around way too much.

New Orleans will lose 2 of 3. They played their Super Bowl last week. Similar to Philly and G-Men after the Oct games with the Boys. Played their best games of season versus Cowboys.

Philly gets pack back today.

Anyway.....
Old 12-17-2006, 11:37 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

All this press is causing Adalius Thomas's asking price to go up.

Damn it.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

I believe Carp had 1.5 sacks last night. Can anyone confirm?

Albert Camus
Old 12-17-2006, 11:49 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Marco has been a bust. Kosier is at least young and can play a few spots.

Hate to it but our FA signings have been horrid outside of Henry.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:49 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why doesen't MB3 start? What a hog.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Marco has been a bust. Kosier is at least young and can play a few spots.

Hate to it but our FA signings have been horrid outside of Henry.
Rivera was HORRIBLE THIS GAME. Blalock looks better and better.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kosier is doing a pretty good job so far..I really like him and Gurode..Flozell is now, apparently, back on track and Colombo is solid but unspectacular..
I think that all we need is a RG (and this is a very good year for FA guards, we will for sure be able to take one of those guys) and a T who can be our future at LT or be a stud at RT..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:05 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Re: tedious?

Cowboysforever- nobody will take anything you say seriously until you can actually give reasoning behind your statements. Answersing questions like these would be a start. I can come up with all kinds of crazy strategies that will work in Madden, they mean nothing in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman
if you could even explain the duties of the positions in the front seven of a 3-4 I would be surprised.

Spears to NT explain why you think Spears would be a good NT. Could he take on two blockers and clog the middle? Why get rid of Ferguson when he has been one of the best players on D and is one of the most consistant?

Henry to safety and a young guy start CB? Who would you want to start? What have you seen from that person that makes you think they can start? Why make CB questionable to fix the FS position?

Bring in a young WR that has done nothing HOPING that he turns around? I would rather we don't play the lottery with free agency. The draft is the only place you pick up unproven players. Free agency you get players that show they are capable.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:11 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I believe Carp had 1.5 sacks last night. Can anyone confirm?
You are correct sir. I thought Bobby had 2 but it turns out he shared one with Ware. Bobby played very well.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:06 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
and even though CTC said the catch he made in the corner of the endzone was easy, upon further review it really was a great catch.
No I did not say it was easy. I said any number one receiver could make that catch.

Marvin Harrison
Steve Smith
Chad Johnson
Andre Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Anquan Boldin
Chris Chambers
Randy Moss
Roy Williams
Donald Driver
Plaxico Burress

all could have made that catch. It was a great catch, but it's not something any one of these receivers couldn't do. And heck just for the sake of argument, Dwayne Jarrett could have made that catch also.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Julius went over a 1,000yds, he's at 1019. He's the first to cross 1,000 since Emmitt left am I right?
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote