Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC South Division Forum

NFC South Division Forum Discuss the NFC South

Old 01-15-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Pick 3 players

From the oposing teams in the division, to add to your team. (1 from each team)

Panthers- Julius Peppers- hardest decision to make,Steve Smith was very close. Also Considered- Steve Smith- Peppers was just too much to pass up, but Smith fills the bucs number 1 need, so its tough

Saints-Jammaal Brown- Gives the bucs a stud LT, and solidifies the line

Falcons- Roddy White- Gives the bucs a good WR for the future. Also considered- Michael Boley -the bucs dont really need LB, but if brooks mentions retirement soon, then he is the pick., Deangelo Hall- great corner but not a fit for the Cover 2
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucs - Ruud. very underrated and will allow brooking to play at his more comfortable and capable position

Panthers - Steve Smith. with him, roddy white, and emerging rookie laurant robinson, they'll be too much for any secondary to handle

Saints - Brees. what can i say? we need a QB.
thefalconer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Orleans - QB Drew Brees

Tampa Bay - MLB Barrett Ruud

Carolina - RB DeAngelo Williams

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well for the Giants..

Cowboys - DeMarcus Ware: Actually kind of an interesting one since we run the 4-3. However in Spags system I feel like he could still be a beast in the 4-3. Put him at the weak side linebacker spot and allow him to blitz and make plays against the run. Would love to have him though, we lack a real play making linebacker.

Could you imagine on third down Osi Umenyiora, Justin Tuck, Mathias Kiwanuka, Michael Strahan AND DeMarcus Ware coming after the QB? Wow - I'd **** my pants if I was a QB.

Eagles - Lito Sheppard: Lito is a great CB. I think with him in our secondary we would be able to put our corners on an island more, giving us more confidence in the blitz. Lito Sheppard, Aaron Ross, Kevin Dockery and maybe Corey Webster would be an awesome tandem for the future.

Redskins - LaRon Landry: Easy one for me. Landry was one of my favorite players of the draft last year, absolutely loved him. He's a genuine player maker at the safety spot - something we lack. Plus he has versatility to play strong safety or free safety. An asset to the Giants. If we resign Gibril Wilson, we could have him play strong safety. If we don't then it's as simple as putting him at free safety and letting Michael Johnson play strong safety. Wilson and Landry would be a sick young combo though. Plus Wilson and Landry are two great blitzing safeties, something Spags loves to do.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
stuff
you got your own dang forum, foo'

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ARRRRRRRRR!!!

Falcons:

Chris Houston. We need a CB pretty badly, and I'm madly in love with Chris Houston. I don't think any Bucs fan will forget how angry I was when we passed him up.

Panthers:

Steve Smith. Exactly the playmaker we need. JPep has had his play fall off and I'd rather get Smith and draft C. Campbell. Ryan Kalil was another guy we passed up that I'd like to have right now.

Saints:

Reggie Bush...jk. Drew Brees is my pick, and using him I'd reinvent our offense into a 4 WR spread. Steve Smith, Joey Galloway, Maurice Stovall & Michael Clayton, plus 3rd down Ike when you need him. CHAMPIONSHIP!

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Panthers - Steve Smith
Saints - Jamaal Brown
Falcons - DeAngelo Hall

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Panthers - Steve Smith
Saints - Jamaal Brown
Falcons - DeAngelo Hall
boo. notZ championshipZZZ.

Hall is a crybaby, and pretty much useless in a Cover 2. Houston is very young and very physical. Brown is okey, but so are our OTs. Scrap Gruden & Garcia, join the dark side and win the SB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-15-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL, wtf? I totally thought this was under the 'NFL' section of the board, I don't know why. My apologies fellas.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
LOL, wtf? I totally thought this was under the 'NFL' section of the board, I don't know why. My apologies fellas.
I was so close to starting a rep rape...consider yourself lucky. Apology accepted.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-15-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post

Hall is a crybaby, and pretty much useless in a Cover 2. Houston is very young and very physical. Brown is okey, but so are our OTs. Scrap Gruden & Garcia, join the dark side and win the SB.
Brown is much better OK, he is one of the best young OT's in teh game, if not the best, and would be a huge improvement over Penn.

Also I would still prefer Peppers, because he is much younger and much more potential. Also he is a freak, and fits in perfectly at LDE, him and Gaines would be quite the Duo for the future
Old 01-15-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah Hall is a cry baby, but he has some skills and I've never been a fan of Houston anyway. I think I'll stay on the light side, green/blue light sabers are better than red ones anyway :P.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Peppers is much younger...than who? He was born in '80 brother. What potential? If anything he's on the decline.

If you wanna talk freakish potential...talk Calais Campbell. Look me straight in my internet eyes and tell me Peppers & DeSean Jackson (if we're lucky) is better than Campbell & Smith.

Agree on Brown. Problem is we'd still have the same old scrub offense without the necessary QB to change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Yeah Hall is a cry baby, but he has some skills and I've never been a fan of Houston anyway. I think I'll stay on the light side, green/blue light sabers are better than red ones anyway :P.
Hall has definite skills...covering receivers man-to-man down the field. We don't need him here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-15-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

He gets the snakes off the planes, thats all i need from my jedis
Old 01-15-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

pfft etk.

Desean Jackson >>>>>>> Steve Smith & Calais Campbell combined.

/joke

Old 01-15-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Peppers is much younger...than who? He was born in '80 brother. What potential? If anything he's on the decline.

If you wanna talk freakish potential...talk Calais Campbell. Look me straight in my internet eyes and tell me Peppers & DeSean Jackson (if we're lucky) is better than Campbell & Smith.

Agree on Brown. Problem is we'd still have the same old scrub offense without the necessary QB to change it.

Hall has definite skills...covering receivers man-to-man down the field. We don't need him here.
I would like Campbell(even though im not so sure about him, but i dont want to get into that argument right now) and smith more, but if we were to take the draft into effect then we could easily package our first round pick, along with like our third rounder( probably wouldnt need to give that much but anyways) for an elite reciever like Ocho cinco or Roy Wiliams

Peppers + Ocho/Roy>>>>>>>> Smith + Campbell+ 3rd rounder

also regarding peppers being on the decline, he is only 27 years old and is now entering his prime, he will only improve and should regain his form from the past
Old 01-15-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I would like Campbell(even though im not so sure about him, but i dont want to get into that argument right now) and smith more, but if we were to take the draft into effect then we could easily package our first round pick, along with like our third rounder( probably wouldnt need to give that much but anyways) for an elite reciever like Ocho cinco or Roy Wiliams

Peppers + Ocho/Roy>>>>>>>> Smith + Campbell+ 3rd rounder

also regarding peppers being on the decline, he is only 27 years old and is now entering his prime, he will only improve and should regain his form from the past
Whoa...how dare you bring 2 picks and trade block WRs into the equation.

Peppers turns 28 in 3 days. I don't see how he's entering his prime now considering he put up 53.5 sacks in his first 5 years, with a measly 2.5 last year. Those numbers (age & sacks) indicate nothing but a declining football player to me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-15-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Whoa...how dare you bring 2 picks and trade block WRs into the equation.

Peppers turns 28 in 3 days. I don't see how he's entering his prime now considering he put up 53.5 sacks in his first 5 years, with a measly 2.5 last year. Those numbers (age & sacks) indicate nothing but a declining football player to me.
Ya but being 28(the beginning of what is generally considered an athletes prime), does indicate that he is going into his prime. I truly believe that this one year is not a true indicate of what is in store for peppers, He has all the talent in the world and should be able to bounce back
Old 01-15-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Ya but being 28(the beginning of what is generally considered an athletes prime), does indicate that he is going into his prime. I truly believe that this one year is not a true indicate of what is in store for peppers, He has all the talent in the world and should be able to bounce back
He won't have another sub-5 sack performance for a while, but he's just not the same athlete he was when he first entered the league. FYI...28-29 is usually considered the end of a football player's prime.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-15-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I don't know if I'd consider 29 the end of a players prime, but I certainly wouldn't call it the beginning either.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:54 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I was so close to starting a rep rape...consider yourself lucky. Apology accepted.
Heh, much appreciated. I don't know what I was thinking. I need to stop using the 'New Posts' feature. Once in a while I do something moronic like this when I'm not paying attention.

I apologize for interrupting again, I just wanted to reiterate that as I am a complete moron it would seem. Sorry guys.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:57 AM    (permalink
jdb1972
Rookie

jdb1972 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Ryan Kalil was another guy we passed up that I'd like to have right now.
After how brutally bad he was at the beginning of this year, don't tempt me. :p

Re: Peppers, from what I've been told, he was sick and had to take medicine that left him... well, you saw his play this year. If that's correct, he should be fine next year. We'll see.

Three players:

Falcons - Roddy White. Started coming into his own, makes an exceptional complement to Smith. Considered Norwood, but we need more of a power back.

Bucs - Gaines Adams. Considered Jovan Haye just to make up for the mistake of letting him go in the first place, but he would look nice across from Pep. Thought about their LBs and corners, but those are probably the Panthers' deepest positions.

Saints - Jamaal Brown. Sorry to be unoriginal, but Wharton's a free agent and the line is being reshuffled. A good LT would be nice. Thought about McAllister, but age and injury make Brown a better pick.
jdb1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:33 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

For the Falcons, it's actually quite obvious:

From the Saints, I want Brees, because we need a QB like crazy.

From the Panthers, I want Smith, because a combination of White, Smith and Robinson would be fantastic.

From the Bucs, well, actually, I'm not that fussed, but I'd take Ruud to replace Brooking at Mike.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Heh, much appreciated. I don't know what I was thinking. I need to stop using the 'New Posts' feature. Once in a while I do something moronic like this when I'm not paying attention.

I apologize for interrupting again, I just wanted to reiterate that as I am a complete moron it would seem. Sorry guys.
That's what I used to find this thread, but I always scroll my eyes from left to right just to be sure. Most new threads are in the Team Forums anyway.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-16-2008, 01:33 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tampa Bay - Barrett Ruud - guy I wanted when he came out but Falcons weren't in a position to really draft him...but I'd love to wave bye bye to Brooking and insert this kid in next to Boley.

Carolina - Deangelo Williams - Another guy I really wanted the Falcons to pick up and has all the tools to be the feature back alongside Norwood...that'd be one great backfield to watch.

New Orleans - Jammaal Brown - Falcons need help on the offensive line, this kid gives us something to build with and helps protect whoever we get back at the QB spot.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote