Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2006, 01:13 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,262
Reputation: 10
CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Julius went over a 1,000yds, he's at 1019. He's the first to cross 1,000 since Emmitt left am I right?
Yep. Too bad he did it averaging 2 yards a carry.

It's a darn shame.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ATL
Posts: 446
Reputation: 10
Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
I believe Carp had 1.5 sacks last night. Can anyone confirm?
You are correct sir. I thought Bobby had 2 but it turns out he shared one with Ware. Bobby played very well.
Thanks on the comfirmation. I thought I saw Carp lined up as a DT. Pretty interesting.
__________________


"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,273
Reputation: -45692
Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336
Default

I dont think carp played well at all. He just benefitted from playing vick who gets sacked all the time. Both his sacks were on vick when he was in scramble mode and ware had caused him to pretty much run into carp. Its encouraging but put your "anointing oils" away.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ATL
Posts: 446
Reputation: 10
Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
I dont think carp played well at all. He just benefitted from playing vick who gets sacked all the time. Both his sacks were on vick when he was in scramble mode and ware had caused him to pretty much run into carp. Its encouraging but put your "anointing oils" away.
Stop that. I think people are acknowledging the fact that he was in on the action and contributed. And to be quite honest, I could care less if they were scamble mode sacks or not. We need all the sacks we can get no matter what "mode" they're in.
__________________


"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:28 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,078
Reputation: 41
cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Fryman, I have explained each and every move and why. Go back and do the research.

I would also like to point out my predictions will come to fruition on personnel. Maybe not all but most.

With respect to Spears -- he has the body type and strength to play two gap plus good lateral movement. At 6 4 not too tall and is just a big thick MOFO.

With respect to Fergie, I luv Fergie. He is a Pro Bowler this season. Just think at his age better to start grooming someone in house. Takes some time to create a NT for BP' D.

See the NO prediction kids. Eagles tonite and Giants next week. Cowboys shot at bye.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:30 PM    (permalink
scoopdawg
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,604
Reputation: 10
scoopdawg hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

the boy's just clinched a playoff berth :D
scoopdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Number-94
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

With the Eagles win can now root for the Giants to beat the saints for the 2nd seed.

Of course meaning we beat the Eagles.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:49 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,078
Reputation: 41
cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

NO played their SB last week. GMen and Philly too v Cowboys.

Honestly, the Cowboys where unlucky enuff to play three teams on three weeks when each team played their 100 percent best game of the season.

Giants beat NO. NO may go 9-7.

Cowboys lay wood on Eagles. Revenge game for Cowboys.

11-5 with a bye.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:00 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: DFW
Posts: 2,055
Reputation: 5030
dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default

Well we cliched a playoff berth today without having to really do anything by virtue of Minnesota and Carolina losing. However, we can't possibly be content with just making the playoffs we want to have a home playoff game for the first time since I believe 1998. We want to win the division for the first time since I believe 98 or 99.

All I want for Christmas is a win over the Eagles! :D
__________________
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ATL
Posts: 446
Reputation: 10
Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
Well we cliched a playoff berth today without having to really do anything by virtue of Minnesota and Carolina losing. However, we can't possibly be content with just making the playoffs we want to have a home playoff game for the first time since I believe 1998. We want to win the division for the first time since I believe 98 or 99.

All I want for Christmas is a win over the Eagles! :D
Me too
__________________


"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:58 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,078
Reputation: 41
cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

NO played their SB last week. GMen and Philly too v Cowboys.

Honestly, the Cowboys where unlucky enuff to play three teams on three weeks when each team played their 100 percent best game of the season.

Giants beat NO. NO may go 9-7.

Cowboys lay wood on Eagles. Revenge game for Cowboys.

11-5 with a bye.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,273
Reputation: -45692
Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
I dont think carp played well at all. He just benefitted from playing vick who gets sacked all the time. Both his sacks were on vick when he was in scramble mode and ware had caused him to pretty much run into carp. Its encouraging but put your "anointing oils" away.
Stop that. I think people are acknowledging the fact that he was in on the action and contributed. And to be quite honest, I could care less if they were scamble mode sacks or not. We need all the sacks we can get no matter what "mode" they're in.
No i wont stop. The sacks are misleading. Many of the posters on the board dont get NFL network and the stats would lead them to believe carp had his best game and collapsed the pocket for a sack and a half. In reality he got the sacks after about 5 or 6 seconds of running around until vick was flushed into him. I hope carp turns out, all im saying is lets crush the homerism here and take the sacks for what they are. They are a product of carp being in the right place at the right time, not carp blowing past his man. on the solo sack he didnt even get off his man, vick pretty much ran into him.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ATL
Posts: 446
Reputation: 10
Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
I dont think carp played well at all. He just benefitted from playing vick who gets sacked all the time. Both his sacks were on vick when he was in scramble mode and ware had caused him to pretty much run into carp. Its encouraging but put your "anointing oils" away.
Stop that. I think people are acknowledging the fact that he was in on the action and contributed. And to be quite honest, I could care less if they were scamble mode sacks or not. We need all the sacks we can get no matter what "mode" they're in.
No i wont stop. The sacks are misleading. Many of the posters on the board dont get NFL network and the stats would lead them to believe carp had his best game and collapsed the pocket for a sack and a half. In reality he got the sacks after about 5 or 6 seconds of running around until vick was flushed into him. I hope carp turns out, all im saying is lets crush the homerism here and take the sacks for what they are. They are a product of carp being in the right place at the right time, not carp blowing past his man. on the solo sack he didnt even get off his man, vick pretty much ran into him.
So you're saying that Carp just happened to be in the right place so Vick could "run" into him? Vick sacked himself in other words right? Those type of sacks happen all of the time. That does not diminish the sack. Would you rather Carp not been there? Vick probably still would have been running. This is not being a homer, it's wanting someone on your team to step up and do their job. Frankly, you sound like a hater to me.
__________________


"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 02:10 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sardinia - Italy
Posts: 1,884
Reputation: 27913
Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Yesterday was the first time i've rooted for the redskins in my life :D
Next we have a HUGE game. Who wins it, wins the NFC east...
__________________


In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:54 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 12,016
Reputation: 243071
thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Well I broke down Parcell's first day draft history...trying to find a theme. One thing I noticed is Parcells seems to have a nitch drafting big-10 OL

New York Giants
1983
10- Terry Kinard, S, Clemson
37- Leonard Marshall, DT, LSU
63- Jamie Williams, TE, Nebraska
70- Karl Nelson, OT, Iowa State

1984
3- Carl Banks, OLB, Michigan State
27- William Roberts, OG, Ohio State
59- Jeff Hostetler, QB, West Virginia

1985
19- George Adams, RB, Kentucky
46- Stacy Robinson, WR, North Dakota State
58- Tyrone Davis, DB, Clemson
73- Brian Johnston, C, North Carolina

1986
19- Eric Dorsey, DE, Notre Dame
44- Mark Collins, CB, Cal State-Fullerton
46- Erik Howard, NT, Washington State
51- Pepper Johnson, MLB, Ohio State
53- Greg Lasker, DB, Arkansas
73- John Washington, DE, Oklahoma State

1987
28- Mark Ingram, WR, Michigan State
55- Adrian White, S, Florida
83- Stephen Baker, WR, Fresno State

1988
10- Eric Moore, OG, Indiana
36- John Elliott, OT, Michigan
62- Sheldon White, CB, Miami-Ohio

1989
18- Brian Williams, C, Minnesota
64- Bob Kratch, OG, Iowa
78- Greg Jackson, SS, LSU

1990
24- Rodney Hampton, RB, Georgia
51- Mike Fox, DE, West Virginia
79- Greg Mark, ILB, Miami

New England Patriots
1993
1- Drew Bledsoe, QB, Washington State
31- Chris Slade, DE, Virgina
51- Todd Rucci, OG, Penn State
56- Vincent Brisby, WR, Luisiana-Monroe

1994
4- Willie McGinest, OLB, USC
35- Kevin Lee, WR, Alabama
78- Ervin Collier, NT, Florida A&M
90- Joe Burch, C, Texas Southern

1995
23- Ty Law, CB, Michigan
57- Ted Johnson, ILB, Colorado
74- Curtis Martin, RB, Pittsburgh
88- Jimmy Hitchcock, CB, North Carolina

1996
7- Terry Glenn, WR, Ohio State
36- Lawyer Milloy, SS, Washington
86- Tedy Bruschi, ILB, Arizona

New York Jets
1997
8- James Farrior, ILB, Virgina
31- Rick Terry, DT, UNC
88- Dedric Ward, WR, Northern Iowa

1998
56- Dorian Boose, DE, Washington State
67- Scott Frost, FS, Nebraska
87- Kevin Williams, FS, Oklahoma State

1999
57- Randy Thomas, OG, Mississippi State
90- David Loverne, OG, San Jose State

Dallas Cowboys
2003
5- Terrence Newman, CB, Kansas State
38- Al Johnson, C, Wisconsin
69- Jason Witten, TE, Tennessee

2004
43- Julius Jones, RB, Notre Dame
52- Jacob Rogers, OT, USC
83- Stephen Peterman, OG, LSU

2005
11- DeMarcus Ware, OLB, Troy
20- Marcus Spears, DE, LSU
42- Kevin Burnett, OLB, Tennessee

2006
18- Bobby Carpenter, OLB, Ohio State
53- Anthony Fasano, TE, Notre Dame
92- Jason Hatcher, DE, Grambling State
__________________

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ATL
Posts: 446
Reputation: 10
Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Well I broke down Parcell's first day draft history...trying to find a theme. One thing I noticed is Parcells seems to have a nitch drafting big-10 OL

New York Giants
1983
10- Terry Kinard, S, Clemson
37- Leonard Marshall, DT, LSU
63- Jamie Williams, TE, Nebraska
70- Karl Nelson, OT, Iowa State

1984
3- Carl Banks, OLB, Michigan State
27- William Roberts, OG, Ohio State
59- Jeff Hostetler, QB, West Virginia

1985
19- George Adams, RB, Kentucky
46- Stacy Robinson, WR, North Dakota State
58- Tyrone Davis, DB, Clemson
73- Brian Johnston, C, North Carolina

1986
19- Eric Dorsey, DE, Notre Dame
44- Mark Collins, CB, Cal State-Fullerton
46- Erik Howard, NT, Washington State
51- Pepper Johnson, MLB, Ohio State
53- Greg Lasker, DB, Arkansas
73- John Washington, DE, Oklahoma State

1987
28- Mark Ingram, WR, Michigan State
55- Adrian White, S, Florida
83- Stephen Baker, WR, Fresno State

1988
10- Eric Moore, OG, Indiana
36- John Elliott, OT, Michigan
62- Sheldon White, CB, Miami-Ohio

1989
18- Brian Williams, C, Minnesota
64- Bob Kratch, OG, Iowa
78- Greg Jackson, SS, LSU

1990
24- Rodney Hampton, RB, Georgia
51- Mike Fox, DE, West Virginia
79- Greg Mark, ILB, Miami

New England Patriots
1993
1- Drew Bledsoe, QB, Washington State
31- Chris Slade, DE, Virgina
51- Todd Rucci, OG, Penn State
56- Vincent Brisby, WR, Luisiana-Monroe

1994
4- Willie McGinest, OLB, USC
35- Kevin Lee, WR, Alabama
78- Ervin Collier, NT, Florida A&M
90- Joe Burch, C, Texas Southern

1995
23- Ty Law, CB, Michigan
57- Ted Johnson, ILB, Colorado
74- Curtis Martin, RB, Pittsburgh
88- Jimmy Hitchcock, CB, North Carolina

1996
7- Terry Glenn, WR, Ohio State
36- Lawyer Milloy, SS, Washington
86- Tedy Bruschi, ILB, Arizona

New York Jets
1997
8- James Farrior, ILB, Virgina
31- Rick Terry, DT, UNC
88- Dedric Ward, WR, Northern Iowa

1998
56- Dorian Boose, DE, Washington State
67- Scott Frost, FS, Nebraska
87- Kevin Williams, FS, Oklahoma State

1999
57- Randy Thomas, OG, Mississippi State
90- David Loverne, OG, San Jose State

Dallas Cowboys
2003
5- Terrence Newman, CB, Kansas State
38- Al Johnson, C, Wisconsin
69- Jason Witten, TE, Tennessee

2004
43- Julius Jones, RB, Notre Dame
52- Jacob Rogers, OT, USC
83- Stephen Peterman, OG, LSU

2005
11- DeMarcus Ware, OLB, Troy
20- Marcus Spears, DE, LSU
42- Kevin Burnett, OLB, Tennessee

2006
18- Bobby Carpenter, OLB, Ohio State
53- Anthony Fasano, TE, Notre Dame
92- Jason Hatcher, DE, Grambling State
Wow Thule...... that's pretty good. Good research.
__________________


"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,088
Reputation: 4191549
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

we would like Bill Parcells back please. Feel free to return him at any time before Sunday December 24. Thank you.









:(
__________________
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:05 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 12,016
Reputation: 243071
thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Well I broke down Parcell's first day draft history...trying to find a theme. One thing I noticed is Parcells seems to have a nitch drafting big-10 OL

New York Giants
1983
10- Terry Kinard, S, Clemson
37- Leonard Marshall, DT, LSU
63- Jamie Williams, TE, Nebraska
70- Karl Nelson, OT, Iowa State

1984
3- Carl Banks, OLB, Michigan State
27- William Roberts, OG, Ohio State
59- Jeff Hostetler, QB, West Virginia

1985
19- George Adams, RB, Kentucky
46- Stacy Robinson, WR, North Dakota State
58- Tyrone Davis, DB, Clemson
73- Brian Johnston, C, North Carolina

1986
19- Eric Dorsey, DE, Notre Dame
44- Mark Collins, CB, Cal State-Fullerton
46- Erik Howard, NT, Washington State
51- Pepper Johnson, MLB, Ohio State
53- Greg Lasker, DB, Arkansas
73- John Washington, DE, Oklahoma State

1987
28- Mark Ingram, WR, Michigan State
55- Adrian White, S, Florida
83- Stephen Baker, WR, Fresno State

1988
10- Eric Moore, OG, Indiana
36- John Elliott, OT, Michigan
62- Sheldon White, CB, Miami-Ohio

1989
18- Brian Williams, C, Minnesota
64- Bob Kratch, OG, Iowa
78- Greg Jackson, SS, LSU

1990
24- Rodney Hampton, RB, Georgia
51- Mike Fox, DE, West Virginia
79- Greg Mark, ILB, Miami

New England Patriots
1993
1- Drew Bledsoe, QB, Washington State
31- Chris Slade, DE, Virgina
51- Todd Rucci, OG, Penn State
56- Vincent Brisby, WR, Luisiana-Monroe

1994
4- Willie McGinest, OLB, USC
35- Kevin Lee, WR, Alabama
78- Ervin Collier, NT, Florida A&M
90- Joe Burch, C, Texas Southern

1995
23- Ty Law, CB, Michigan
57- Ted Johnson, ILB, Colorado
74- Curtis Martin, RB, Pittsburgh
88- Jimmy Hitchcock, CB, North Carolina

1996
7- Terry Glenn, WR, Ohio State
36- Lawyer Milloy, SS, Washington
86- Tedy Bruschi, ILB, Arizona

New York Jets
1997
8- James Farrior, ILB, Virgina
31- Rick Terry, DT, UNC
88- Dedric Ward, WR, Northern Iowa

1998
56- Dorian Boose, DE, Washington State
67- Scott Frost, FS, Nebraska
87- Kevin Williams, FS, Oklahoma State

1999
57- Randy Thomas, OG, Mississippi State
90- David Loverne, OG, San Jose State

Dallas Cowboys
2003
5- Terrence Newman, CB, Kansas State
38- Al Johnson, C, Wisconsin
69- Jason Witten, TE, Tennessee

2004
43- Julius Jones, RB, Notre Dame
52- Jacob Rogers, OT, USC
83- Stephen Peterman, OG, LSU

2005
11- DeMarcus Ware, OLB, Troy
20- Marcus Spears, DE, LSU
42- Kevin Burnett, OLB, Tennessee

2006
18- Bobby Carpenter, OLB, Ohio State
53- Anthony Fasano, TE, Notre Dame
92- Jason Hatcher, DE, Grambling State
Wow Thule...... that's pretty good. Good research.
I actually have it broke down further too. I'm debating whether to go into the second day or not.

But here are some interesting facts I found.

He's drafted 4 OLB inside the top 20 picks.
In the first day he has pretty much spread the picks out evenly.

QB- 2
RB- 4
WR- 7
TE- 2
OT- 3
OG- 7
C-3

DE- 7
DT- 3
OLB- 5
ILB- 4
CB- 7
S- 6

Nothing really sticks out except on position. OT. If you look at the breakdown...it is the only position that requires two starters that doesn't have a high number. If you look at the small numbers you see positions in which only one person starts....QB/RB/TE/C/DT...but OT is something that really surprised me. Interesting to see that and wonder if there is any substance behind it.
__________________

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:51 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: DFW
Posts: 2,055
Reputation: 5030
dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default

From Parcells press conference:

-On TO he will be fined but not suspended, it will be announced later today by the league.

-On the FB flat problems, two different players making two different mental errors. I'm assuming the ILB's responsibility

-He's not going to change the RB rotation, JJ will continue to start and MB3 is the closer, that's Bill's word.
__________________
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 02:05 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: DFW
Posts: 2,055
Reputation: 5030
dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default

It was just announced TO was fined 35,000 by the league per ESPN, NFL Network etc. It's a little more than I expected but I still would've like to have seen it be more substantial to really send a strong message.
__________________
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,273
Reputation: -45692
Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
I dont think carp played well at all. He just benefitted from playing vick who gets sacked all the time. Both his sacks were on vick when he was in scramble mode and ware had caused him to pretty much run into carp. Its encouraging but put your "anointing oils" away.
Stop that. I think people are acknowledging the fact that he was in on the action and contributed. And to be quite honest, I could care less if they were scamble mode sacks or not. We need all the sacks we can get no matter what "mode" they're in.
No i wont stop. The sacks are misleading. Many of the posters on the board dont get NFL network and the stats would lead them to believe carp had his best game and collapsed the pocket for a sack and a half. In reality he got the sacks after about 5 or 6 seconds of running around until vick was flushed into him. I hope carp turns out, all im saying is lets crush the homerism here and take the sacks for what they are. They are a product of carp being in the right place at the right time, not carp blowing past his man. on the solo sack he didnt even get off his man, vick pretty much ran into him.
So you're saying that Carp just happened to be in the right place so Vick could "run" into him? Vick sacked himself in other words right? Those type of sacks happen all of the time. That does not diminish the sack. Would you rather Carp not been there? Vick probably still would have been running. This is not being a homer, it's wanting someone on your team to step up and do their job. Frankly, you sound like a hater to me.
Im not a hater, i just think that for people who couldnt see the game, they should know that he wasnt some bad ass out there on the feild. yeah i want the sacks, and yeah i want carpenter to do good but im not ready to say hes becoming the 18th pick we drafted him at.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ATL
Posts: 446
Reputation: 10
Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
I dont think carp played well at all. He just benefitted from playing vick who gets sacked all the time. Both his sacks were on vick when he was in scramble mode and ware had caused him to pretty much run into carp. Its encouraging but put your "anointing oils" away.
Stop that. I think people are acknowledging the fact that he was in on the action and contributed. And to be quite honest, I could care less if they were scamble mode sacks or not. We need all the sacks we can get no matter what "mode" they're in.
No i wont stop. The sacks are misleading. Many of the posters on the board dont get NFL network and the stats would lead them to believe carp had his best game and collapsed the pocket for a sack and a half. In reality he got the sacks after about 5 or 6 seconds of running around until vick was flushed into him. I hope carp turns out, all im saying is lets crush the homerism here and take the sacks for what they are. They are a product of carp being in the right place at the right time, not carp blowing past his man. on the solo sack he didnt even get off his man, vick pretty much ran into him.
So you're saying that Carp just happened to be in the right place so Vick could "run" into him? Vick sacked himself in other words right? Those type of sacks happen all of the time. That does not diminish the sack. Would you rather Carp not been there? Vick probably still would have been running. This is not being a homer, it's wanting someone on your team to step up and do their job. Frankly, you sound like a hater to me.
Im not a hater, i just think that for people who couldnt see the game, they should know that he wasnt some bad ass out there on the feild. yeah i want the sacks, and yeah i want carpenter to do good but im not ready to say hes becoming the 18th pick we drafted him at.
Understood. But you have to admit that he's got to start somewhere. Can we at least agree on that?
__________________


"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:23 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,781
Reputation: 35211
DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

While it may not be an indication of him turning in a LTesque performance, Carp's 1.5 sacks was by no means just a "right place, right time" type of deal. He was spying Vick in our nickel sets for most of the game. His first sack was a direct result of him doing this. His second one was a play in which he had beaten his man after being initially blocked, and him and DeMarcus converged at the same time. If either player had not been there, then the other would still have gotten the sack. Besides that, Bobby was in the backfield on several different plays, and showed a fair amount of ability rushing the passer. There is no reason to down-play what he did. He had an excellent game, and we might be seeing him finally breakout as a player, as he has been progressively better the last 3 or 4 weeks. Of course, he still has a ways to go to justify his draft position, but he is definitely making progress.

Also, I'm disappointed in the TO detractors that are downplaying his role in this game. Without him, we lose. Period. He was a true difference maker in this game, and his first TD was a catch that maybe 4 or 5 other guys could have made. Not only that, his second TD catch was a play that he simply ran right by DeAngelo "NFL's fastest man" Hall on a straight go-route. There was no double move, hesitation, or anything else. He just flat out ran his ass. I think that's what is meant by the term "game speed".

Obviously I'm a big fan, but I just want to say again that I love DeMarcus Ware. He was truly awesome in this game. You will never see a more athletic play then that Int he made. You simply won't, and it is another in a long line of things that he does that Merriman will never be able to do. Still, his failings as an all-around pass rusher are undeniable. He has got to learn how to do more than simply run around or bull-rush OTs. However, every other facet of his game has reached an All-Pro level for his position. He was covering Crumpler for much of the night, and was only beaten once - which happened to be a play in which he was in perfect position, and Vick just lasered the ball in the perfect spot with Alge making a nice catch despite Ware getting a hand on the ball. Not only that, but DMW's FF likely would have been the play of the game had not Ayodele just coughed the ball up for no reason. Reminiscent of the Kiwanuka play two weeks ago. I guess it really does even out over time. Oh, and just one other note, Ware got another sack early in the game that was spotted incorrectly, and thus wasn't credited as such. He stopped Vick 1 1/2 yards behind the line, but the refs spotted the ball back at the original LOS, thus negating the stat, but I digress.

Speaking of Crumpler, there was an obsolutely fantastic play that occurred in the 4th quarter that I feel compelled to point out. Deion was in the booth acting like he knows more than anyone else in the league (surprise surprise), and before a crucial 3rd down play he starts talking about them needing to get the ball to Crumpler more, and points out that he is being matched up fairly often with Terrence Newman and how they should exploit that as a huge mismatch in their (Falcon's) favor......lmao. Right on cue, Vick drops back and throws a dart to Crumpler on the seam - and gets the ball batted down by????? Terrence Newman. There is a bit of a dead silence, broken by Deion saying "Well, that's why he's one of the best corners in the league". I'm telling you, it was choice. Hopefully you guys can see it again on NFL Replay and enjoy it at home.
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:35 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: DFW
Posts: 2,055
Reputation: 5030
dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default

I have NFL Network and I watched the entire game, Bobby Carpenter played well, not great but well. Now that doesn't excuse his lack of production earlier but you have to start somewhere and you got to walk before you can run. We should all be encouarged by his play in that game, hopefully he can build on that. Perhaps we should use Bobby some at ILB as he's gotta be better in coverage than James or Adeyole, especially at covering those damn FBs.

Michael Irvin gets hated on for being a homer and he definitely is obviously but Jaws is just as big of a homer for the Eagles as Playmaker is for the Boys. Jaws is acting like it's just a foregone conclusion that the Eagles are gonna come in our house and kick our butt. I know Jaws is a better analyst but he's also a big homer.
__________________
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ATL
Posts: 446
Reputation: 10
Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
While it may not be an indication of him turning in a LTesque performance, Carp's 1.5 sacks was by no means just a "right place, right time" type of deal. He was spying Vick in our nickel sets for most of the game. His first sack was a direct result of him doing this. His second one was a play in which he had beaten his man after being initially blocked, and him and DeMarcus converged at the same time. If either player had not been there, then the other would still have gotten the sack. Besides that, Bobby was in the backfield on several different plays, and showed a fair amount of ability rushing the passer. There is no reason to down-play what he did. He had an excellent game, and we might be seeing him finally breakout as a player, as he has been progressively better the last 3 or 4 weeks. Of course, he still has a ways to go to justify his draft position, but he is definitely making progress.

Also, I'm disappointed in the TO detractors that are downplaying his role in this game. Without him, we lose. Period. He was a true difference maker in this game, and his first TD was a catch that maybe 4 or 5 other guys could have made. Not only that, his second TD catch was a play that he simply ran right by DeAngelo "NFL's fastest man" Hall on a straight go-route. There was no double move, hesitation, or anything else. He just flat out ran his ass. I think that's what is meant by the term "game speed".

Obviously I'm a big fan, but I just want to say again that I love DeMarcus Ware. He was truly awesome in this game. You will never see a more athletic play then that Int he made. You simply won't, and it is another in a long line of things that he does that Merriman will never be able to do. Still, his failings as an all-around pass rusher are undeniable. He has got to learn how to do more than simply run around or bull-rush OTs. However, every other facet of his game has reached an All-Pro level for his position. He was covering Crumpler for much of the night, and was only beaten once - which happened to be a play in which he was in perfect position, and Vick just lasered the ball in the perfect spot with Alge making a nice catch despite Ware getting a hand on the ball. Not only that, but DMW's FF likely would have been the play of the game had not Ayodele just coughed the ball up for no reason. Reminiscent of the Kiwanuka play two weeks ago. I guess it really does even out over time. Oh, and just one other note, Ware got another sack early in the game that was spotted incorrectly, and thus wasn't credited as such. He stopped Vick 1 1/2 yards behind the line, but the refs spotted the ball back at the original LOS, thus negating the stat, but I digress.

Speaking of Crumpler, there was an obsolutely fantastic play that occurred in the 4th quarter that I feel compelled to point out. Deion was in the booth acting like he knows more than anyone else in the league (surprise surprise), and before a crucial 3rd down play he starts talking about them needing to get the ball to Crumpler more, and points out that he is being matched up fairly often with Terrence Newman and how they should exploit that as a huge mismatch in their (Falcon's) favor......lmao. Right on cue, Vick drops back and throws a dart to Crumpler on the seam - and gets the ball batted down by????? Terrence Newman. There is a bit of a dead silence, broken by Deion saying "Well, that's why he's one of the best corners in the league". I'm telling you, it was choice. Hopefully you guys can see it again on NFL Replay and enjoy it at home.
Good stuff DMW. That play by Newman could have been the biggest in the game.
__________________


"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.