Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-15-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

could anyone tell me what there will be blood is about? i keep hearing great things about it, but have no idea what its about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
could anyone tell me what there will be blood is about? i keep hearing great things about it, but have no idea what its about.
It's a documentary on what made Mortal Kombat so popular.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

something tells me if that were true it wouldnt be nominated for so many awards......

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pretty much what imdb says

"A story about family, greed, religion, and oil, centered around a turn-of-the-century Texas prospector (Daniel Day-Lewis) in the early days of the business."

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:00 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
pretty much what imdb says

"A story about family, greed, religion, and oil, centered around a turn-of-the-century Texas prospector (Daniel Day-Lewis) in the early days of the business."
it's supposed to be a great movie...I haven't seen it yet, but I will definitely make a conservative effort to do so...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:37 AM    (permalink
SidneyG
Rookie

SidneyG hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Does anyone know the name of the movie that was about vampiers in a place (Alaska?) where it was night for a significant amount of time? It was released about 4 months ago and I was wondering whether or not it was out on DVD.
SidneyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post

My Top 10 Films of 2007

"Charlie Wilson's War" - ***3/4

"Michael Clayton" - ****

"Zodiac" - ****

"Eastern Promises" - ****

"American Gangster" - ****1/4

"3:10 To Yuma" - ****1/4

"No Country For Old Men" - ****1/2

"Juno" - ****1/2

"Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street" - ****1/2

"There Will Be Blood" - ****3/4

Well, there you have it. Of course, this is all just my personal opinion. So a lot of you will likely disagree with a large portion of the list. These films are graded out of 5-Stars.

Notable movies that I didn't include because I haven't seen them include;

* The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford

* Gone Baby Gone

* Before The Devil Knows You're Dead

* The Kite Runner

There are others not listed, of course, but yea.

I was reading about There Will Be Blood, I feel like I wouldn't get into it. Turn of the century oil usually doesn't float my boat, but I trust ya commie. I'm gonna go see Juno soon!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:30 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidneyG View Post
Does anyone know the name of the movie that was about vampiers in a place (Alaska?) where it was night for a significant amount of time? It was released about 4 months ago and I was wondering whether or not it was out on DVD.
30 days of night....

it will be out on DVD in a couple of weeks I believe...it was a decent horror flick...
Old 01-16-2008, 10:39 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Someone tell me about 25th hour. Spike Lee Joint with Ed Norton?
sick movie watch it now BOE!

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482572/

the next Norton flick

seems awesome cant wait for it!
i saw the trailer and it looked like The Departed on a more subtle note

Old 01-16-2008, 10:44 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

in unrelated news....Brad Renfro died....
Old 01-16-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP Brad Renfro!!!!!!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
rukster

Zodiac has got to be my favorite movie of all time, super bad got to be thr funniest movie i ever seen and rambo looks like it could be good, although can anyone tell me a bit about the old ones back in the 80s, when i go see it i wanna have an idea of where its coming from
Old 01-16-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wanna see there will be blood so badly but its not playing anywhere near me.

daniel day lewis is prob one of the greatest actors of our time in my opinion. ive seen 3 of his movies so far and in all of them his acting stood out

has anyone ever seen "In the Name of the Father"? with daniel day lewis also- probably one of my fav movies ever- its incredible

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukster View Post
Zodiac has got to be my favorite movie of all time, super bad got to be thr funniest movie i ever seen and rambo looks like it could be good, although can anyone tell me a bit about the old ones back in the 80s, when i go see it i wanna have an idea of where its coming from
Anyone who says the new Rambo looks good is a moron. Sylvester Stallone is killing what was a marginal trilogy at best by making this 4th film.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

you know im really tired of seeing movies come out with queen latifa as a major character in. seriously isnt anyone else sick of even seeing commercials with this woman? her new movie, mad money i think its called, looks sooo god damn awful. i cringe watching the trailer.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-16-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
you know im really tired of seeing movies come out with queen latifa as a major character in. seriously isnt anyone else sick of even seeing commercials with this woman? her new movie, mad money i think its called, looks sooo god damn awful. i cringe watching the trailer.
yeah it looks terrible. i cant believe katie holmes would rather b in that than the dark knight, which is why she got did not sign on for a second movie.

she gets old i gotta say

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand the overpraise for American Gangster really. I enjoyed it and had some very good acting but it just felt like a recycled storyline with scenes from much better gangster movies. That's just my personal opinion though.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
in unrelated news....Brad Renfro died....
We'll miss you Huck Finn.........

In other news, I saw The Kite Runner today and it's unarguably the worst book adaptation I have seen in a long, long time.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just ran across an article on FilmJunk, and I might be the only one who cares about this, but ever notice how the DVD artwork is so much more bland and lame then the original movie posters.

Children of Men

The Prestige

The Departed

Blood Diamond

Last King Of Scotland

Minority Report

I mean on The Last King Scotland poster, Whitaker looks epic. But on the DVD cover he looks like Snuggly Bear.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I'm watching Batman Begins but, i started watching a while in...so.....my question is what is Cillian Murphy doing exactly? The whole factory and "medicine" going in the pipes...what is all this about?

and...is he the main villain in the movie?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 01-16-2008 at 05:57 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
So, I'm watching Batman Begins but, i started watching a while in...so.....my question is what is Cillian Murphy doing exactly? The whole factory and "medicine" going in the pipes...what is all this about?

and...is he the main villain in the movie?
No, Ra's al Ghul is the closest thing to a main villain.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
30 days of night....

it will be out on DVD in a couple of weeks I believe...it was a decent horror flick...
More than decent. I loved it.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
No, Ra's al Ghul is the closest thing to a main villain.
Is that the dude who he was training with at the beginning? I watched some yesterday and some today...missed some of the middle...I'm just trying to piece things together.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Is that the dude who he was training with at the beginning? I watched some yesterday and some today...missed some of the middle...I'm just trying to piece things together.
Yeah, but just watch 'till the end.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote