Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-16-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
Yeah, but just watch 'till the end.
alright I will. :)

def. exceeding my expectations...you wouldn't even know it was a batman movie.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Movie Debate of the Day (Day one):
Anchorman or Superbad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Anchorman or Superbad?
Superbad for me...I hated Anchorman...I could barely sit through it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-16-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anchorman or Superbad?
Why not both? :D

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Just ran across an article on FilmJunk, and I might be the only one who cares about this, but ever notice how the DVD artwork is so much more bland and lame then the original movie posters.

Children of Men

The Prestige

The Departed

Blood Diamond

Last King Of Scotland

Minority Report

I mean on The Last King Scotland poster, Whitaker looks epic. But on the DVD cover he looks like Snuggly Bear.
That's because movie posters are designed to be eye catching while DVD covers are basically just fancy wrappers for what you already know is inside
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anchorman has better one liners, but Superbad has that Tarantino kind of thing going with great conversations something that i haven't seen in a comedy before

i'm not gonna choose one

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Another question about the new Batman movies...is Robin ever going to get involved?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-16-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anchorman or Superbad?
Easily Superbad. I liked Anchorman, but Superbad was far better. But Knocked Up trumps both of them when it comes to Apatow films.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Anchorman or Superbad?
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Another question about the new Batman movies...is Robin ever going to get involved?
Christopher Nolan said Robin will never make an appearance in any of his movies. Probably a smart move although I'd love to see him introduced only to be killed by the Joker like in the comics
Old 01-16-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Christopher Nolan said Robin will never make an appearance in any of his movies. Probably a smart move although I'd love to see him introduced only to be killed by the Joker like in the comics
That would be sweet. I'm not really that familiar w/ the comics...I def. like how they filmed this one, though. Much darker and more serious. I've never been much of a super hero movie fan but, I have to say, Batman Begins is a good movie.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-16-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Quote:
Wow i'm shocked a little to her that. I like the idea of the comics though.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Jr View Post
Wow i'm shocked a little to her that. I like the idea of the comics though.
Christopher Nolan and most of America feel the whole older man and teenage boy down alone in a cave thing is kind of ***.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just don't see Robin working out if they want to keep the dark feeling the movies have. Add Robin while accurate just doesn't seem like it would work in these movies.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Quote:
Christopher Nolan and most of America feel the whole older man and teenage boy down alone in a cave thing is kind of ***.
While it is we as a nation have been conditioned to see Batman & Robin.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Jr View Post
While it is we as a nation have been conditioned to see Batman & Robin.
And it was ruined by the infamous nipple suits
Old 01-16-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Quote:
And it was ruined by the infamous nipple suits
Please Kevin, i've worked so hard to get the image out of my mind. I recently succeeded in 2003 and I chose not to remember.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

haha...i was actually wondering while he was spray painting his armor if he was gonna get a glue stick and paste a pair on there.

Bruce: "How do these look, Alfred?"

Alfred: "Lose the nipples, sir."

haha, oh the disappointment.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 01-16-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

superbad and anchorman are two completely different type of comedies...

Superbad is the more intellectual laugh out loud funny

while Anchorman is the more Will Ferrel funny, with stupid one liners...although I must say, it is damn funny...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
superbad and anchorman are two completely different type of comedies...

Superbad is the more intellectual laugh out loud funny

while Anchorman is the more Will Ferrel funny, with stupid one liners...although I must say, it is damn funny...
although i love superbad and consider one of the funniest movies i have ever seen it bothers me when people call it "intellectually funny". sorry woody allen is intellectual humor this was the complete opposite of that. it was 2-3 kids cursing, acting ridiculous and gettin alcohol for a party.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just rented Fracture gonna watch it

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
just rented Fracture gonna watch it
Man I loved that movie.

Michael Cera is a beast of an actor.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:10 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The kingdom was one of the best movies for me...I would say boarderline top 10...for anyone that likes global history and current events it's a must see.

Fracture was a good movie....love the twist at the end.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:13 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Then you'll be delighted to hear that she has a solid chance of winning best actress at the oscars.
She deserves it...she made that movie...

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:35 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

anybody seen Death Sentence...I rented it yesterday and I'm going to watch it tonight...it's from the people who made saw, so I'm not expecting greatness...but Kevin Bacon is a serviceable actor...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote