Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:16 PM    (permalink
PackerMang
Rookie

PackerMang hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Does Al Harris deserve a Pro-Bowl bid

He is the packers best DB, even though woodson (who also might make the probowl) has more picks (Tied for 1st in NFL with 6) but Harris has constanlty shut down the #1 receiver of opponents (today, held Roy Wiliams to one catch for 11 yards and out fought him for a interception).
Teams don't pass against Harris or Woodson and we are poor against the pass because of our nickelback, LB and safeties not Harris or Woodson
PackerMang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:18 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. From what I've heard and seen he hasn't been that great this season.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:20 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to be a homer and say yes

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:28 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/v...ic.php?t=31018 could have gone in there.

Anyways in reply to sweetness, he started out slow and looked like he lost it big time. after the first couple weeks he has been great though and is probably having one of his best seasons.

Should he go - maybe
Will he go - No, probably an alternate again.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering that the Packers secondary is dogshit this year, and from what every Packers fan has said Charles Woodson has had a better year, I'm going to use my brain here and say no. It doesn't matter whose fault it is, if you're part of a miserable unit, you share the blame.

And again, this goes back to the argument that njx had that nobody could answer. A lot of the passing yards are going to wide recievers, if it's not the cornerbacks fault, who the hell is supposed to be covering these guys? You can't blame it all on the safties.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:02 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Considering that the Packers secondary is dogshit this year, and from what every Packers fan has said Charles Woodson has had a better year, I'm going to use my brain here and say no. It doesn't matter whose fault it is, if you're part of a miserable unit, you share the blame.

And again, this goes back to the argument that njx had that nobody could answer. A lot of the passing yards are going to wide recievers, if it's not the cornerbacks fault, who the hell is supposed to be covering these guys? You can't blame it all on the safties.
Didn't Denver have one of the worst Pass Ds last season? Doesn't seem to hurt Bailey's rep though.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodar21
Quote:

Didn't Denver have one of the worst Pass Ds last season? Doesn't seem to hurt Bailey's rep though.
Teams don't even try to throw on Bailey. You can't say that for Harris.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:06 PM    (permalink
PackerMang
Rookie

PackerMang hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Since I never miss a packer game I can tell you for a fact that Harris completly shuts out the #1 receiver. It was the same story last year.
Tell me the last receiver that got more then 50 yards on him this year. I can't think of any.

The packers snub out the #1 but opponents take shots against our nickelback, Lb or safety. The fact that the packers give up a lot of passing yards doesn't reflect his play. He doesn't get the stats of pass breakups or Int because QB's don't look his way that often. He is a top bump and run, man-to-man cover guy.
PackerMang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerMang
Since I never miss a packer game I can tell you for a fact that Harris completly shuts out the #1 receiver. It was the same story last year.
Tell me the last receiver that got more then 50 yards on him this year. I can't think of any.

The packers snub out the #1 but opponents take shots against our nickelback, Lb or safety. The fact that the packers give up a lot of passing yards doesn't reflect his play. He doesn't get the stats of pass breakups or Int because QB's don't look his way that often. He is a top bump and run, man-to-man cover guy.
Al Harris covered Moose week 1. Here's his stat-line.

M. Muhammad- 6 catches-102 yards.

That took me about 4 seconds.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:11 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Bernard Berrian and Moose toasted you guys in the first game, that's at least one dude. :?

Moose had 102 and Berrian had 50, well ok 49 but one yard.

Roy Williams had 138 against you guys in Week 3, should I go on or just stop while I'm ahead?

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

That was obviously because of the safeties and nickelback
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:12 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
Quote:
Quote:

That was obviously because of the safeties and nickelback
Yup. :roll:

Quote:
Old 12-17-2006, 11:15 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roy Williams slipped and fell to the ground on that INT, Harris hardly fought him for it. Harris' performance today had more to do with the poor offensive line of the Lions and the pass rush of the Packers. Any time a defense gets 6 sacks and is in the QB's face the whole game, the CB is going to look better. Now I'm not saying Harris had a bad game, but that pass rush combined with awful play by the Lions OL help him out.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Here you go PackerMang:

Week One: Moose 102 yards

Week Two: Joe Horn 88 yards

Week Three: Roy Williams 138 yards

Week Four: Reggie Brown 63 yards

Week Nine: Lee Evans 58 yards

I'll stop there.

Quote:
Old 12-17-2006, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default bleeehhh

Considering there is a good chance either him or Deangelo Hall get into the ProBowl I will pick my poison with Harris.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:21 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Default Re: bleeehhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp
Considering there is a good chance either him or Deangelo Hall get into the ProBowl I will pick my poison with Harris.
DeAngelo Hall will not be in the Pro Bowl, and if he is it's a crime.

Quote:
Old 12-18-2006, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lee Evans beat Al Harris deep three times, but Losman only hit him once.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:40 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Lee Evans beat Al Harris deep three times, but Losman only hit him once.
are you sure that wasn't Manuels fault not harris's? Many of the yards roy willliams got in week 3 were when the safties were covering him... nick collins got burned for a long TD in that game, not harris. I dunno if he deserves it, he has been solid. I think woodson deserves it more than harris. The guy is playing injured every week and he still lead the NFL in takeaways at 7. but the thing with either one of these guys making the probowl is that they bolth are playing on one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. thanks shotty.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:53 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hes not tied for first in picks. before stats updated its 7. and now its 8 with Samuel and Bailey
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:33 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6
hes not tied for first in picks. before stats updated its 7. and now its 8 with Samuel and Bailey
yeah well when i was watching the game he was so oh well. Anyways those are bolth AFC guys.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:38 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Here you go PackerMang:

Week One: Moose 102 yards

Week Two: Joe Horn 88 yards

Week Three: Roy Williams 138 yards

Week Four: Reggie Brown 63 yards

Week Nine: Lee Evans 58 yards

I'll stop there.
It should be noted that Al Harris only played his side for weeks 1 through 3. From weeks 4 till now, he's been man with who the Packers determined was the team's best WR. Also, Charles Woodson has been on the 2nd WR, and thus his stats are better than Harris'.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NO!!!!!!!!! ENOUGH OF THIS AL HARRIS IS GOD ******** FROM PACKER FANS, ITS SICKENING, STOP IT ALREADY!!!!!

Newman, Sheppard, Brown, and Ronde Barber are all ahead of him.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:26 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Harris deserves it, he played SO bad the first couple of games that I think it takes him out of consideration. I haven't seen many games since week 4, but the ones I did, he played quite well. It IS the safeties and lbers that have been giving up the big plays. The Packers don't always play man coverage. No team ALWAYS plays man coverage. When they do, the top 2 recievers don't do a whole lot. But then the TE or the number 3 reciever just dominates Dendy and Poppinga.(How many non packer fans have even ever heard of those guys? Hell, how many packer fans have heard of them until the starting getting bent over in the passing game this year?) Then as soon as Woodson or Harris release the receiver to the safeties, well, that is the problem. Collins will occasionally make a play, and Manual, I don't know what the **** he does when a receiver comes in his general direction. He acts like he should be playing for St. Mary's School for the Blind and Deaf. Hell, there have been times when I am sure that I could cover better than he could. At least I am able to follow my responsibility. He always tends to double the short guy with the corner who released the outside man on a fade, and leave the guy going deep to be covered by air.

Guess what Big Blue, Roy Williams and Chad Johnson both have said he is one of the best corners in the league. I will say that I believe he is underrated here, but a lot of that is because there are so many people who overrate and act like he is the best corner of all time. So it kind of turns people off. There is a new Al Harris thread as often as there is a new Mike Vick thread. Both of whom are underrated by the majority of posters on this site, and overrated, by many of the others.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:30 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

so you're actually saying that almost every single big play given up was by the safeties? are you implying that the packers now play almost exclusive cover 2, or are you just making lame excuses?
Old 12-18-2006, 12:35 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have you watched the games? Just about every big play was given up by the safeties or the nickleback. NOT ALL, but most. Cover 2 isn't the only defense that has safeties deep... Most of the deep passes(in the games I have seen) were either when the packers were in Cover 2 or Cover 3, and many of them were deep posts that the player ran right by either of the safeties. Then when Ahmad Carrol was still on the team he gave up about 430195783214650912340176450726346529086309259230 pass yards. Now Patrick Dendy isn't much of an upgrade. Yes, both Harris and Woodson have given up some plays, BUT SO DOES EVERY CORNERBACK!!!
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote