Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-18-2006, 01:45 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447
Have you watched the games? Just about every big play was given up by the safeties or the nickleback. NOT ALL, but most. Cover 2 isn't the only defense that has safeties deep... Most of the deep passes(in the games I have seen) were either when the packers were in Cover 2 or Cover 3, and many of them were deep posts that the player ran right by either of the safeties. Then when Ahmad Carrol was still on the team he gave up about 430195783214650912340176450726346529086309259230 pass yards. Now Patrick Dendy isn't much of an upgrade. Yes, both Harris and Woodson have given up some plays, BUT SO DOES EVERY CORNERBACK!!!
cover 2 is one of the FEW defenses in which the cornerbacks have zero deep responsibility. in cover 3, one of the corners is deep. in most variants, they have some man responsibility (again, unless you're a strict zone team, something no packers fan has suggested to this point in the season). i don't recall ahmad carroll being manned up with any team's #1 receiver, but if he was, that alone says something about al harris's ineffectiveness against a top wr. as would the fact that they apparently have to shield him and woodson from playing deep by shifting most (yes, i saw you say not all) of the responsibility off the shoulders of the cbs. it's just an extraordinarily weak argument for a player, especially right after showing that NUMEROUS #1 receivers have had big days (or big plays) against the packers secondary.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think Harris deserves it, he played SO bad the first couple of games that I think it takes him out of consideration. I haven't seen many games since week 4, but the ones I did, he played quite well. It IS the safeties and lbers that have been giving up the big plays. The Packers don't always play man coverage. No team ALWAYS plays man coverage. When they do, the top 2 recievers don't do a whole lot. But then the TE or the number 3 reciever just dominates Dendy and Poppinga.(How many non packer fans have even ever heard of those guys? Hell, how many packer fans have heard of them until the starting getting bent over in the passing game this year?) Then as soon as Woodson or Harris release the receiver to the safeties, well, that is the problem. Collins will occasionally make a play, and Manual, I don't know what the *********** he does when a receiver comes in his general direction. He acts like he should be playing for St. Mary's School for the Blind and Deaf. Hell, there have been times when I am sure that I could cover better than he could. At least I am able to follow my responsibility. He always tends to double the short guy with the corner who released the outside man on a fade, and leave the guy going deep to be covered by air.

Guess what Big Blue, Roy Williams and Chad Johnson both have said he is one of the best corners in the league. I will say that I believe he is underrated here, but a lot of that is because there are so many people who overrate and act like he is the best corner of all time. So it kind of turns people off. There is a new Al Harris thread as often as there is a new Mike Vick thread. Both of whom are underrated by the majority of posters on this site, and overrated, by many of the others.
I can live with that. Its just tiring hearing about Harris so much.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:16 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always been one of Harris' harshest critics, but if some of the best WRs in the game consistently rave about him being an elite shut-down corner, on par with Champ Baily, then just maybe we should accept the fact that he really does deserve to make the Pro Bowl.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:56 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Lee Evans beat Al Harris deep three times, but Losman only hit him once.
are you sure that wasn't Manuels fault not harris's? Many of the yards roy willliams got in week 3 were when the safties were covering him... nick collins got burned for a long TD in that game, not harris. I dunno if he deserves it, he has been solid. I think woodson deserves it more than harris. The guy is playing injured every week and he still lead the NFL in takeaways at 7. but the thing with either one of these guys making the probowl is that they bolth are playing on one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. thanks shotty.
Harris just got lost on the Evans TD
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:38 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Lee Evans beat Al Harris deep three times, but Losman only hit him once.
are you sure that wasn't Manuels fault not harris's? Many of the yards roy willliams got in week 3 were when the safties were covering him... nick collins got burned for a long TD in that game, not harris. I dunno if he deserves it, he has been solid. I think woodson deserves it more than harris. The guy is playing injured every week and he still lead the NFL in takeaways at 7. but the thing with either one of these guys making the probowl is that they bolth are playing on one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. thanks shotty.
Harris just got lost on the Evans TD
yeah, my bad i thought it was one where manel missed it because i am so used to seeing it happen.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Marion Barber III 24
Rookie

Marion Barber III 24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He deserves it.

My pro bowl votes

Terence Newman
Al Harris
Walt Harris
Marion Barber III 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:57 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's been good this year besides a few blown coverages but if he didn't make it in past years i don't see why he would this year. he'll be an alternate.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Week 6: Chris Chambers, 2 catches for 29 yards.
Week 7: Anquan Boldin, 4 catches for 47 yards.
Week 8: Lee Evans, 2 catches for 58 yards and one TD
Week 9: Travis Taylor, 3 catches for 28 yards.
Week 10: Troy Brown, 4 catches for 26 yards.
Week 11: Darrell Jackson, 2 catches for 20 yards with one TD
Week 12: Lavernious Coles, 3 catches for 28 yards.
Week 13: Antonio Bryant, 1 catch for 39 yards.
Week 14: Roy Williams, 1 catch for 11 yards.

Each reciever was more than likely covered by Harris one on one for the majority of the game. And it's not like those receivers are back up recievers either.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:46 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
I don't think Harris deserves it, he played SO bad the first couple of games that I think it takes him out of consideration. I haven't seen many games since week 4, but the ones I did, he played quite well. It IS the safeties and lbers that have been giving up the big plays. The Packers don't always play man coverage. No team ALWAYS plays man coverage. When they do, the top 2 recievers don't do a whole lot. But then the TE or the number 3 reciever just dominates Dendy and Poppinga.(How many non packer fans have even ever heard of those guys? Hell, how many packer fans have heard of them until the starting getting bent over in the passing game this year?) Then as soon as Woodson or Harris release the receiver to the safeties, well, that is the problem. Collins will occasionally make a play, and Manual, I don't know what the *********** he does when a receiver comes in his general direction. He acts like he should be playing for St. Mary's School for the Blind and Deaf. Hell, there have been times when I am sure that I could cover better than he could. At least I am able to follow my responsibility. He always tends to double the short guy with the corner who released the outside man on a fade, and leave the guy going deep to be covered by air.

Guess what Big Blue, Roy Williams and Chad Johnson both have said he is one of the best corners in the league. I will say that I believe he is underrated here, but a lot of that is because there are so many people who overrate and act like he is the best corner of all time. So it kind of turns people off. There is a new Al Harris thread as often as there is a new Mike Vick thread. Both of whom are underrated by the majority of posters on this site, and overrated, by many of the others.
Nothing was worse than this past offseason. The Packers fans were out of control. If you listened to talk about how good, yet underrated, every single one of their players was, you'd think they had enough talent to win the Superbowl, but just got bit by the injury bug.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:54 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

I think he's a very good shutdown corner but not so much the play maker that woodson is. We got the best of both worlds in the corners, latley they have gotten better and better. Harris is better at shuting down than Woodson, 1 of them should go I think
Old 12-18-2006, 08:54 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70challenger457
I think he's a very good shutdown corner but not so much the play maker that woodson is. We got the best of both worlds in the corners, latley they have gotten better and better. Harris is better at shuting down than Woodson, 1 of them should go I think
There is only one shutdown corner in the NFL, and it is sure as hell not Al Harris.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:56 PM    (permalink

I don't think Al Harris should even be considered for the pro bowl. His sub par play for most of the year has really dissapointed. I remember before the start of last season I was trying to make an argument for him to be a top 10 corner with the way he played last year.

Although Harris has played well in the last 4-5 games, that doesn't make up for his performances the week's prior to that. I have seen most of the Packers game this year Harris has been shaky in coverage through most of the games. Alot of those blown coverages that GB has become famous for this year have occured on his side.

To me he was always a better coverage guy in shorter yardage than longer yardage. This year he hasn't looked to great on the short coverage and has allowed way too many balls to be completed in fron of him. Last year he would have knocked down a bunch of those.

The Packers CB who need's to go to the Pro Bowl is Charles Woodson. Who, like Harris, got off to a slow start but broke out of it and started playing the way he is capable by about the 4th week. He is showing shades of his olds self and for the first time in a long time he will probably go through the whole season without missing a game. Woodson has been great in all aspects of coverage for most of the year. He also has a bunch of INT's to add to that.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:02 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**Attention**

There shall be no more threads where the main topic is Al Harris. Non Packer fans are sick of it(I am too), and if anything it just pushes them away more.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:04 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Quote:

Nothing was worse than this past offseason. The Packers fans were out of control. If you listened to talk about how good, yet underrated, every single one of their players was, you'd think they had enough talent to win the Superbowl, but just got bit by the injury bug.
who besides Harris was said to be really good yet underrated?

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:05 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
as
ifwhatevergetthepictureduh

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:52 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

brett favre, on a fairly regular basis. nearly every single player on the active roster was brought up at some point as being much better than anyone outside of green bay thought.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:00 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

brett favre, on a fairly regular basis. nearly every single player on the active roster was brought up at some point as being much better than anyone outside of green bay thought.
I cannot remember when anyone essentially said Brett favre was underrated. Maybe some people said look what he had to work with in 2005 or somthing to that extent, but it's not as out of control as many of you think. Was brett favre underrated by some of the people on here? perhaps, because some people on here acted like he was on the level of brad johnson or somtihng. Some players you might hear packer fans say were underrated were driver or kampman, but those claims have some truth behind them. Who else did packers fans say were underrated yourfavestoner? because i sure don't remember any more.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:12 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I cannot remember when anyone essentially said Brett favre was underrated. Maybe some people said look what he had to work with in 2005 or somthing to that extent, but it's not as out of control as many of you think. Was brett favre underrated by some of the people on here? perhaps, because some people on here acted like he was on the level of brad johnson or somtihng. Some players you might hear packer fans say were underrated were driver or kampman, but those claims have some truth behind them. Who else did packers fans say were underrated yourfavestoner? because i sure don't remember any more.
:roll:
Old 12-18-2006, 11:13 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just stop now, there is no winning.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:16 PM    (permalink
giantfAn

al harris = poor man chris deloatch.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, my current top three are Newman, Sheppard and Bly.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 12:48 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
i dont feel like arguing this because it's a never ending argument with you, but a lot of people on here talked about favre like he was that bad. i'll just leave it at that.

they get smoked.

Old 12-19-2006, 03:45 AM    (permalink
danman253

Woodson is more deseving than Harris...
Old 12-19-2006, 04:06 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i dont feel like arguing this because it's a never ending argument with you, but a lot of people on here talked about favre like he was that bad. i'll just leave it at that.
Well, he did throw 29 interceptions last year. I'd say Favre gave his doubters plenty of reason to argue.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:51 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
He was lucky to have been compared to someone as good as Johnson was last year.