Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolts2388 View Post
let me see AD do it for 7 seasons first before you even try to put him even close to LT. lmao at people trying to even compare them
While I agree there's no need for a discussion about which player has had the longer and more illustrious career thus far, Peterson's name should most definitely be mentioned alongside Tomlinson's in any discussion about who is currently the best back in the NFL.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolts2388 View Post
let me see AD do it for 7 seasons first before you even try to put him even close to LT. lmao at people trying to even compare them
Laughing your ass of at it? If AD wouldn't have gotten hurt he would have likely won the rushing title. Before the injury he was dominating the league, with a joke of a QB and what 9 guys in the box when he ran? they're comparable alright.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Ladainian Tomlinson
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Brian Westbrook
4. Larry Johnson
5. Clinton Portis
6. Steven Jackson
7. Fred Taylor
8. Edgerrin James
9. Marion Barber
10. Joseph Addai
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LJ was on pace for 1100 yards behind the worst line in the NFL. Keep him out the top 10 go ahead. But When he rushes for 1400 plus next year put hi right back on!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Ya Boy415

I don't know how some are not even putting Frank Gore in the top 10.

1. LT
2. Brian Westbrrok
3. Fred Taylor
4. Steven Jackson
5. Adrian Peterson
6. Frank Gore
7. Clinton Portis
8. Willie Parker
9. Ronnie Brown
10.Joseph Addai
Old 01-18-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Ya Boy415

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
LJ was on pace for 1100 yards behind the worst line in the NFL. Keep him out the top 10 go ahead. But When he rushes for 1400 plus next year put hi right back on!
This was a down year for RB's because no one even rushed for more than 1500 yards. LJ, Gore and Steven Jackson all suffered through bad oline play and injuries but yet they still put up decent numbers. well not LJ siince he got hurt but he could have. These RB's are going to come back strong next year when they are fully healthy and put up big numbers.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

tjpackers needs more cowbell.

I think if you did it based on this year those three wouldn't make it
tjpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Ya Boy415

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpackers View Post
No im basing it on who are the 10 best RB's in the NFL and not on just this season unless they are a rookie and only played this year but were still impressive.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
1. Ladainian Tomlinson
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Brian Westbrook
4. Larry Johnson
5. Clinton Portis
6. Steven Jackson
7. Fred Taylor
8. Edgerrin James
9. Marion Barber
10. Joseph Addai
I tend to like the list overrall but I have two beefs. Replace Larry Johnson with Frank Gore, and explain you reasoning for having Edge over Barber. With both Johnson and Edge, both of those guys to me are washed up.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Portis is so overated
The guy can do just about everything for you, so no.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Laughing your ass of at it? If AD wouldn't have gotten hurt he would have likely won the rushing title. Before the injury he was dominating the league, with a joke of a QB and what 9 guys in the box when he ran? they're comparable alright.
Give me a season where Peterson doesn't miss games due to injury and then we'll talk about him being in the top 5 of the league. If I were starting a team right now I'd take a guy who's missed 1 game in his 7 years in the league, than a guy who was an injury concern every time he stepped out on the field. As it stands LT is the most well rounded back in the league who can beat you in so many ways.

Last edited by Empire : 01-19-2008 at 01:40 AM.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpackers View Post
Frank Gore was 6th in the league in yards from scrimmage, so I think even in a down year he showed he at VERY LEAST belongs in the top 10.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
ncbigbody
Veteran

ncbigbody hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. LaDainian Tomlinson
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Brian Westbrook
4. Steven Jackson
5. Marion Barber III
6. Frank Gore
7. Joesph Addai
8. Fred Taylor
9. Willis McGahee
10. Clinton Portis
11. Willie Parker
12. Ronnie Brown
13. Larry Johnson
14. Brandon Jacobs
15. Maurice Jones-Drew
16. Shaun Alexander
17. Jamal Lewis
18. Laurence Maroney
19. Ryan Grant
20. Marshawn Lynch

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan
ncbigbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. LaDanian Tomlinson
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Brian Westbrook
4. Steven Jackson
5. Joseph Addai
6. Ronnie Brown
7. Frank Gore
8. Willie Parker
9. Willie McGahee
10. Clinton Portis
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Ya Boy415

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
Frank Gore was 6th in the league in yards from scrimmage, so I think even in a down year he showed he at VERY LEAST belongs in the top 10.
I know people fail to see that he still produced even with a horrible offense and had no help and still missed a game because of injury and yet he's not top 10