Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-19-2006, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Packman1957 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447
Have you watched the games? Just about every big play was given up by the safeties or the nickleback. NOT ALL, but most. Cover 2 isn't the only defense that has safeties deep... Most of the deep passes(in the games I have seen) were either when the packers were in Cover 2 or Cover 3, and many of them were deep posts that the player ran right by either of the safeties. Then when Ahmad Carrol was still on the team he gave up about 430195783214650912340176450726346529086309259230 pass yards. Now Patrick Dendy isn't much of an upgrade. Yes, both Harris and Woodson have given up some plays, BUT SO DOES EVERY CORNERBACK!!!
cover 2 is one of the FEW defenses in which the cornerbacks have zero deep responsibility. in cover 3, one of the corners is deep. in most variants, they have some man responsibility (again, unless you're a strict zone team, something no packers fan has suggested to this point in the season). i don't recall ahmad carroll being manned up with any team's #1 receiver, but if he was, that alone says something about al harris's ineffectiveness against a top wr. as would the fact that they apparently have to shield him and woodson from playing deep by shifting most (yes, i saw you say not all) of the responsibility off the shoulders of the cbs. it's just an extraordinarily weak argument for a player, especially right after showing that NUMEROUS #1 receivers have had big days (or big plays) against the packers secondary.
Man you seriously need to stop talking out of your a$$. If you watched any of the Packer games you would know exactly what we are talking about. The deep passes where Harris got beat were the safties fault. It wasn't because they got beat, it was because of communication breakdowns. Like I said if you watched even one of those packer games you would know what we are talking about. Yes Harris may have gotten burnt a couple of times, but every corner has gotten beaten once or twice in this league. No one is perfect.

I seriously do not get how someone can literally voice their opinion on this thread when they don't have a ******* clue what they are talking about. I know I am a Packer fan and there might be a little bias in me, I however do know that some of those long passes for TD's where because of communication breakdowns not because Al Harris got burnt.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:12 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman1957
Quote:
Quote:
Have you watched the games? Just about every big play was given up by the safeties or the nickleback. NOT ALL, but most. Cover 2 isn't the only defense that has safeties deep... Most of the deep passes(in the games I have seen) were either when the packers were in Cover 2 or Cover 3, and many of them were deep posts that the player ran right by either of the safeties. Then when Ahmad Carrol was still on the team he gave up about 430195783214650912340176450726346529086309259230 pass yards. Now Patrick Dendy isn't much of an upgrade. Yes, both Harris and Woodson have given up some plays, BUT SO DOES EVERY CORNERBACK!!!
cover 2 is one of the FEW defenses in which the cornerbacks have zero deep responsibility. in cover 3, one of the corners is deep. in most variants, they have some man responsibility (again, unless you're a strict zone team, something no packers fan has suggested to this point in the season). i don't recall ahmad carroll being manned up with any team's #1 receiver, but if he was, that alone says something about al harris's ineffectiveness against a top wr. as would the fact that they apparently have to shield him and woodson from playing deep by shifting most (yes, i saw you say not all) of the responsibility off the shoulders of the cbs. it's just an extraordinarily weak argument for a player, especially right after showing that NUMEROUS #1 receivers have had big days (or big plays) against the packers secondary.
Man you seriously need to stop talking out of your a$$. If you watched any of the Packer games you would know exactly what we are talking about. The deep passes where Harris got beat were the safties fault. It wasn't because they got beat, it was because of communication breakdowns. Like I said if you watched even one of those packer games you would know what we are talking about. Yes Harris may have gotten burnt a couple of times, but every corner has gotten beaten once or twice in this league. No one is perfect.

I seriously do not get how someone can literally voice their opinion on this thread when they don't have a *********** clue what they are talking about. I know I am a Packer fan and there might be a little bias in me, I however do know that some of those long passes for TD's where because of communication breakdowns not because Al Harris got burnt.
a little bias? you're essentially saying that the safeties are responsible for every touchdown pass against the packers this season (except for "a couple"). horse stuff.

you accuse me of talking out my rear end and not having a clue what i'm talking about, but all you provide to back your own opinion up is hearsay. even other packers fans are saying that harris hasn't been great this year and that he's been beat a few (i.e. more than a couple) times. i'll be waiting for either written reports or video evidence that the vast majority of those touchdowns were the fault of the safeties. until then, i'll go with common sense.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What great fun this thread will be in a few hours when Al Harris doesn't make the probowl.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:27 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

There are three options, IMO:

(a) Woodson makes it and Harris gets really mad, prompting him to complain about his contract.
(b) Harris makes it, demands a new contract and C-Wood shows mild anger.
(c) Neither make it and both complain all week.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:46 AM    (permalink
PackerMang
Rookie

PackerMang hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
What great fun this thread will be in a few hours when Al Harris doesn't make the probowl.
True. do I think that Harris will make the probowl, probably not. In the voting it lists stats and Woodson and various other players more interceptions and PD then harris. But I do think that Harris deserves it.
PackerMang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Harris and Woodson have both played very well this year.

Harris can take receivers out of the game 1 on 1 but his aggressiveness causes him to get beat deep occasionally. This is where I put some of the blame on the safeties. Harris will lock down a receiver for most of the game and then finally a receiver will get a step on him and beat him deep. Unfortunately for the Packers, the safeties rarely do much in coverage and it ends up being a long gain.

Woodson has been a bit inconsistent until recent weeks but he's finally showing off his playmaking ability that won him the Heisman so many years ago. He's not the type of cornerback who takes receivers out of games like Harris does but he's the type who you're scared to throw at because he'll pick it off and bring it back for at touchdown. The downside to Woodson is that he'll got caught gambling at times and give up big chunks of yardage.

Harris and Woodson are similar in the fact that they'll both occasionally give up the big play. This is why the Packers need quality coverage safeties to take away these long gains and allow Woodson and Harris to continue to gamble because that is what they do best.

I don't really care about the Pro Bowl (it's a bit of a joke to me) so I don't really know if either deserve to be in it. Both Woodson and Harris are among the top cornerbacks in the NFC and I don't see any reason to replace either. Cornerback is one position where the Packers are very strong at (at least at the top) but lack depth which hurts them.

One more thing to note: The biggest problem with the Packers defence is communication. Most of the big plays are a result of a blown coverage assignment. This is a result of coaching and the secondary lacking a vocal leader. I would love to see Collins develop into the leader of the secondary but he doesn't seem to be making that adjustment. Therefore, the Packers may want to look at LaRon Landry in the draft, a vocal leader and great coverage safety.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:30 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-----Why he should get in

-he's very respected around the NFL's. several of the NFL's elite WRs have referred to Harris as the best they have faced.

-he has been very solid this year in man coverage.

-the dreads.

----why he shouldn't get it

-he has had a hard time in zone coverage. harder to tell who is blowing it inzone...but Harris has been involved in too many big plays to ignore.

-the unit he is a part of sucks balls. not nearly all his fault, but if he was THAT good, you'd think the team's defensive stats would reflect it a little more.

-Charles Woodson is just as good, if not better.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:50 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
Harris and Woodson have both played very well this year.

Harris can take receivers out of the game 1 on 1 but his aggressiveness causes him to get beat deep occasionally. This is where I put some of the blame on the safeties. Harris will lock down a receiver for most of the game and then finally a receiver will get a step on him and beat him deep. Unfortunately for the Packers, the safeties rarely do much in coverage and it ends up being a long gain.

Woodson has been a bit inconsistent until recent weeks but he's finally showing off his playmaking ability that won him the Heisman so many years ago. He's not the type of cornerback who takes receivers out of games like Harris does but he's the type who you're scared to throw at because he'll pick it off and bring it back for at touchdown. The downside to Woodson is that he'll got caught gambling at times and give up big chunks of yardage.

Harris and Woodson are similar in the fact that they'll both occasionally give up the big play. This is why the Packers need quality coverage safeties to take away these long gains and allow Woodson and Harris to continue to gamble because that is what they do best.

I don't really care about the Pro Bowl (it's a bit of a joke to me) so I don't really know if either deserve to be in it. Both Woodson and Harris are among the top cornerbacks in the NFC and I don't see any reason to replace either. Cornerback is one position where the Packers are very strong at (at least at the top) but lack depth which hurts them.

One more thing to note: The biggest problem with the Packers defence is communication. Most of the big plays are a result of a blown coverage assignment. This is a result of coaching and the secondary lacking a vocal leader. I would love to see Collins develop into the leader of the secondary but he doesn't seem to be making that adjustment. Therefore, the Packers may want to look at LaRon Landry in the draft, a vocal leader and great coverage safety.
Well said.

But MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY of the long passes given up rest PRIMARILY on the safeties shoulders. At times Manual looks like he would be lucky to beat Ted Washington in a foot race. Not only that, the first 4-5 games the dbs had no communication. Harris or Woodson would release a receiver deep, and Manual would come up on a TE running an 10 yard crossing route, leaving the receiver with no one within 10 yards of him.

NJX, you can't tell me that Driver and Kampman weren't underrated. Yet again Driver is having a huge year. Kampman is leading the NFC DLine in tackles by double digits, he has 12 sacks, yet everyone outside of Packer fans thought the new contract was a mistake. People were making Favre out to be on the level of David Carr, yet there are probably 20 teams that would take him if they thought they needed a QB for a playoff run.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:03 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i have zero problem, fwiw, believeing that kampman was, and likely still is, underrated. driver is to an extent, although i think most people believe he's a good wide receiver.

the problem, the any rational packer fan has to admit (or at least see), is that earlier this season, there were several packer fans who flooded the board with threads about how certain players on the roster were SO underrated, or how they were SO much better than anyone else in the league. brett favre is a top five all-time nfl quarterback. he hasn't been vaguely close to a top 5 nfl quarterback the last two seasons. the argument could be made he's not even been top ten or fifteen, although i won't get into that.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:09 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's possible but I'd put Harris in a group of maybe's. The CB's in the NFC are not the best.

Locks, or should be locks- Newman, Sheppard

Maybe's- Al Harris, Ronde Barber, Walt Harris, Winfield, Woodson, Bly, Tillman, Hall.

Newman's been great this season, as has Sheppard so I see both of them going to the Pro Bowl, as for the maybe's I just put in Winfield and Bly because they always have good seasons but I don't see them going. Ronde's been a beast against the run but isn't racking up the int's like he usually does.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:16 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow I just saw the pro bowl ballot and I did not expect for Hall to make it. Damn the public oh well. Also no Newman? I'm no Cowboys fan so I don't really care, but wow he was the only person I was pretty sure would make it.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:51 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sheppard has 27 tackles and 5 picks. I've seen him play this year and he looked good. It is hard to get excited about the NFC ProBowl picks. None of them are on teams leading their division even. DeAngelo Hall was a surprise, especially after watching TO burn him. Ronde Barber has 93 tackles and 3 picks, but the Bucs are so weak right now. Hall has 54 tackles and 4 picks.

Harris has 40 tackles and 3 picks. Woodson has 53 tackles and 6 picks, most of the players listed here.

Of the Division leaders:
Newman has 58/1, Henry 72/1.
Tillman has 80/5, Vasher has 38/2. Tillman has the tackles and picks to be a pro-bowler, AND his team is 12-2. No love for him.
Mckenzie has 33/2, Thomas has 51/0.
Herndon has 65/1, Trufant has 62/1.

Not having seen Ronde play this year, I don't know how he's done in coverage, but it looks like he's been big with run support. Lito's on a winning team at least.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I seriously do not get how someone can literally voice their opinion on this thread when they don't have a *********** clue what they are talking about. I know I am a Packer fan and there might be a little bias in me, I however do know that some of those long passes for TD's where because of communication breakdowns not because Al Harris got burnt.
a little bias? you're essentially saying that the safeties are responsible for every touchdown pass against the packers this season (except for "a couple"). horse stuff.

you accuse me of talking out my rear end and not having a clue what i'm talking about, but all you provide to back your own opinion up is hearsay. even other packers fans are saying that harris hasn't been great this year and that he's been beat a few (i.e. more than a couple) times. i'll be waiting for either written reports or video evidence that the vast majority of those touchdowns were the fault of the safeties. until then, i'll go with common sense.
And where is your proof, I am a Packer fan you idiot, I have watched every Packer game, how many have you watched? What maybe 1 or 2 if that. Thats why you shouldn't even talk, cause you have no idea what you are talking about

And yes some (notice how I bolded it) of those touchdowns were the safeties fault, or mostly Marquand Manuel's fault. It was because of communication problems, not because Al Harris got beat. Ask any Packer fan and they will tell you, it happened in the Bears game, Bills game, and a few others. But I think you took my statement to seriously. I was merely trying to state my case for why Harris isn't getting much credit. He would have shut down more recievers had it not been for those breakdowns.

And then your next statement was Packer fans are saying Harris hasn't been great this year??????????????????????????????? This truly confirms that your ******** and talking directly out your butthole, packer fans are hoping we give him a pay raise just to keep him in Green Bay for crying out loud. By the way who is your favorite team. Wasn't it the Broncos or something. Maybe I should starting saying some random stuff about the Broncos and act like I know what I'm talking about. Cause you obviously know nothing about Al Harris or the Packers. So just shut your trap before you embarass yourself you fool.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:18 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
And where is your proof, I am a Packer fan you idiot, I have watched every Packer game, how many have you watched? What maybe 1 or 2 if that. Thats why you shouldn't even talk, cause you have no idea what you are talking about
are you even capable of making a single argument without weakening your entire case by making repeated personal attacks? or does the fact that i don't think al harris is the best cornerback in the league really piss you off THAT much? i've extrapolated based on the stats that harris and woodson must be giving up some plays based on the large number of touchdowns by opposing teams #1 and #2 receivers. if you looked at denver, you could make the same case, and, in the case of darrent williams, you'd be right. and denver's safeties don't know what pass coverage is. all i asked for is video evidence or the opinion of a few people who AREN'T packers fans (and thus, by definition, biased).

so yeah, i must be an idiot. :roll:

Quote:
And yes some (notice how I bolded it) of those touchdowns were the safeties fault, or mostly Marquand Manuel's fault. It was because of communication problems, not because Al Harris got beat. Ask any Packer fan and they will tell you, it happened in the Bears game, Bills game, and a few others. But I think you took my statement to seriously. I was merely trying to state my case for why Harris isn't getting much credit. He would have shut down more recievers had it not been for those breakdowns.
and that's a valid point (and, amazingly, one without a single personal attack). i can buy that, but again, i'd like to see the unbiased opinion of someone who actually watched the game tape on harris.

Quote:
And then your next statement was Packer fans are saying Harris hasn't been great this year??????????????????????????????? This truly confirms that your dumb and talking directly out your butthole
Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
Harris has been involved in too many big plays to ignore
Quote:
I don't think Harris deserves it, he played SO bad the first couple of games that I think it takes him out of consideration
Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
I don't think Al Harris should even be considered for the pro bowl. His sub par play for most of the year has really dissapointed
njx - 3
you - 0

again, no one said he sucks. no one said he isn't a good corner. but to say he hasn't had problems this year is, by the stats and by the opinion of some packer's fans, just not true.

Quote:
packer fans are hoping we give him a pay raise just to keep him in Green Bay for crying out loud.
hooray. what does that have to do with the fact that he hasn't performed at a pro bowl level all season?
Old 12-19-2006, 06:21 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
are you even capable of making a single argument without weakening your entire case by making repeated personal attacks? or does the fact that i don't think al harris is the best cornerback in the league really piss you off THAT much? i've extrapolated based on the stats that harris and woodson must be giving up some plays based on the large number of touchdowns by opposing teams #1 and #2 receivers. if you looked at denver, you could make the same case, and, in the case of darrent williams, you'd be right. and denver's safeties don't know what pass coverage is. all i asked for is video evidence or the opinion of a few people who AREN'T packers fans (and thus, by definition, biased).

Quote:
and that's a valid point (and, amazingly, one without a single personal attack). i can buy that, but again, i'd like to see the unbiased opinion of someone who actually watched the game tape on harris.

Quote:
And then your next statement was Packer fans are saying Harris hasn't been great this year??????????????????????????????? This truly confirms that your dumb and talking directly out your butthole
Quote:
Quote:
I don't think Harris deserves it, he played SO bad the first couple of games that I think it takes him out of consideration
Quote:
I don't think Al Harris should even be considered for the pro bowl. His sub par play for most of the year has really dissapointed
njx - 3
you - 0

again, no one said he sucks. no one said he isn't a good corner. but to say he hasn't had problems this year is, by the stats and by the opinion of some packer's fans, just not true.

Quote:
packer fans are hoping we give him a pay raise just to keep him in Green Bay for crying out loud.
hooray. what does that have to do with the fact that he hasn't performed at a pro bowl level all season?
I love you njx. :D

Aw shucks, he didn't make it. Well there goes this thread.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Al Harris is not the best cornerback in the league. However, he is very good and had an excellent season. The Pro Bowl is stupid and I don't know/care if he deserves to be in it. The point is he is a very good corner who had a very good season. I explained this all in an earlier post which was ignored for the most part.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:26 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Al Harris is not the best cornerback in the league. However, he is very good and had an excellent season. The Pro Bowl is stupid and I don't know/care if he deserves to be in it. The point is he is a very good corner who had a very good season. I explained this all in an earlier post which was ignored for the most part.
sorry, the solid but unspectacular posts tend to get ignored. but yes, i agree with that statement.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
njx - 3
you - 0

Quote:
you take three people's opinion, any packer fan or anyone who watched the packers would know this was one of Al Harris best season of his career. By the way did I ever say Al Harris is the best cornerback in the league or even try to lead you to believe that. I'm not saying that at all, I am saying he should be in the pro-bowl, especially considering Hall and Barber are in there. I mean you can line up the stats and compare and find out who is better. Don't ask me to lay that out for you either. I am not going to waste 30 minutes trying to show one person why Al Harris is better than Hall or Barber. But I am not going to sit here and argue because there are a lot of players who should have made the pro-bowl but didn't so the pro-bowl selection is somewhat unfair in my opinion.

And yes he did have a few problems, mostly earlier in the season, but tell me one corner besides Champ Bailey who didn't have any problems. I am merely stating that I think he played better this season than Hall and Barber. And I don't know how anyone could say this wasn't one of his better seasons, I mean to be able to shut down some of the best recievers in the league shows that he is a pro-bowl caliber player.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:55 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
And yes he did have a few problems, mostly earlier in the season, but tell me one corner besides Champ Bailey who didn't have any problems. I am merely stating that I think he played better this season than Hall and Barber. And I don't know how anyone could say this wasn't one of his better seasons, I mean to be able to shut down some of the best recievers in the league shows that he is a pro-bowl caliber player.
for the record, i don't think there's a single person on this site who thinks hall should have sniffed pro-bowl this season (assuming, of course, it actually had something to do with ability).

but fwiw, yes, i agree with most of what you've said this time.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
sorry, the solid but unspectacular posts tend to get ignored. but yes, i agree with that statement.
Wait a second you agree with this statement...LOL. I thought just ten minutes ago you were just saying how Al Harris didn't have the best season. Make up your mind man. Its one or the other.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:00 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Al Harris is not the best cornerback in the league. However, he is very goodand had an excellent season. The Pro Bowl is stupid and I don't know/care if he deserves to be in it. The point is he is a very good corner who had a very good season. I explained this all in an earlier post which was ignored for the most part.
Wait a second you agree with this statement...LOL. I thought just ten minutes ago you were just saying how Al Harris didn't have the best season. Make up your mind man. Its one or the other.
i missed the bold. fixed.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Al Harris is not the best cornerback in the league. However, he is very goodand had an excellent season. The Pro Bowl is stupid and I don't know/care if he deserves to be in it. The point is he is a very good corner who had a very good season. I explained this all in an earlier post which was ignored for the most part.
I don't really understand how you can say that Harris didn't have a good season. I challenge you to name 5 cornerbacks in the NFC who had a better season than him.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:05 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't really understand how you can say that Harris didn't have a good season. I challenge you to name 5 cornerbacks in the NFC who had a better season than him.
:roll:

let's be clear with our syntax. very good, good and excellent are vastly different terms. he had a good season, sure, i'll take your word for it. but, based on the stats i can see, and testimoney (previously quoted) of packers fans who admitted he got beat on more than a couple of plays, i have a difficult time justifying him as having a very good season.

there being 5 better cornerbacks in the nfc has very little to do with the quality of harris's season.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

let's be clear with our syntax. very good, good and excellent are vastly different terms. he had a good season, sure, i'll take your word for it. but, based on the stats i can see, and testimoney (previously quoted) of packers fans who admitted he got beat on more than a couple of plays, i have a difficult time justifying him as having a very good season.

there being 5 better cornerbacks in the nfc has very little to do with the quality of harris's season.
If he was a top 5 corner in the NFC, I would say that is an excellent season.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:12 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If he was a top 5 corner in the NFC, I would say that is an excellent season.
i don't think one has any bearing on the other. if there are twenty better corners in the AFC, who cares if he's the second best corner in the nfc? that doesn't really have any specific bearing on the kind of year he's having.