Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chances Favre Returns Next Season

I would love to see Favre return next season. The only reason I can think of that would keep him from playing is if he has lost the desire to play anymore and just wants to be with his family(nothing wrong with that)... The Packers are going to be contenders next season again and hes old but is surely not showing any signs of it. I think he will come back, cant end on that note for a guy with such a prolific career. But if he does call it quits you gotta give him props he was one the greatest ever.

70% Chance He Comes Back

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think he'll quit now.
I dont think he would want to end his career on an interception. He's the type of player who will play until he cant play anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Team had a good year, he had a good year, had a lot of fun, family wants him to continue. I think he's more likely to return than he was in years past.

I'd put him down at 75%.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's very likely that he'll be back, though it's odd that he doesn't just come out and say that. I'm sure he's been thinking about it all year, as he seems to do every single year.

As for the Packers, they're at a bit of a crossroads. You don't get better by getting rid of pro-bowlers, but it may be better for them to transition Rodgers in at quarterback next year while the North is still pretty winnable than 2-3 years from now when I think it will be pretty dominant.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett can't play in the cold anymore.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
Brett can't play in the cold anymore.
In the Seattle game he played very well and I wouldn't say he played poorly yesterday, so your statement is false. I know you'll bring up the Chicago game, but there were extreme wind and cold conditions that mostly every QB would struggle with. I give props to Kyle Orton for how well he played in that game.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

95% chance he returns. He obviously can still play, he has a good team around him, he won't want to leave with his last play an INT, why wouldn't he come back?
Old 01-21-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

98.787567809935 percent chance he returns.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
98.787567809935 percent chance he returns.
dammit Yoda, be more specific.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
In the Seattle game he played very well and I wouldn't say he played poorly yesterday, so your statement is false. I know you'll bring up the Chicago game, but there were extreme wind and cold conditions that mostly every QB would struggle with. I give props to Kyle Orton for how well he played in that game.
Yesterday he looked cold and sad.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 01-21-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was negative 4 degrees.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im pretty sure everyone would back him with whatever his decision is.. but i think it is highly likely (80-90%) that he comes bck next year you can see that he loves the game moreso then anyone else (at least he shows it more then anyone) but well wait and see
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

100% chance he comes back, no doubt in my mind

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
It was negative 4 degrees.
Excuses, Excuses, Excuses.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 01-21-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

98.735 percent.

The 1.265% accounts for if a family crisis, off-season injury, or assassination occurs. All things equal, he comes back.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
Thats a good one, I think the answer is Rodgers.

+rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So what was the excuse in Dallas in the regular sesson?
Old 01-22-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre bitched about the cold at Soldier field this year and he looked like a sissy girl out there on Sunday. Eli Manning didn't seem to be too effected by it...ELI FREAKING MANNING. The guy who looks lost every time he steps up to the line. Come on now...

Btw, 100% chance Brett comes back. Pimpin' needs to retire IMO but he won't.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:56 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Jessica Simpson shaking her taters distracted him.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:00 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everyone has bad games. Peyton Manning had 6 freaking interceptions in one game, should he retire because of that?
Old 01-22-2008, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

... in a rainy mess, with only Reggie Wayne as his remaining receiver, and also missing both starting tackles. Favre didn't face anything close to that.

I'm not sure what the point of that mention was exactly, GB.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:11 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
... in a rainy mess, with only Reggie Wayne as his remaining receiver, and also missing both starting tackles. Favre didn't face anything close to that.

I'm not sure what the point of that mention was exactly, GB.
The point is that everyone has a bad game once in a while. How about looking at the whole picture instead of just the games he didn't play well in. He was a top 5 QB in 2007; his play isn't a reason to retire.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I'm not outright saying Favre should retire, and I don't think I said that. Even if Aaron Rodgers is the better quarterback on the roster, which I wonder if he might, for what Favre has done for the franchise he has earned the right to still be the starter. And as you said, he had a very good regular season overall.

It's just that instead of playing well in playoff atmosphere, he regressed to being a big liability to the Packers this season (in Dallas in the regular season, and this past weekend against the Giants). If I were a Packers fan, I'd be seriously concerned with that. This isn't the NFC of a few years ago, you're going to have to get through at least one good team even with the bye. And maybe Ryan Grant and the defense can lead the way, but you're going to need your quarterback to win the game at least once if not more to win a championship.

It's one thing to start off poorly and get himself together as the game wears on, but that's not happening with Favre. In the Dallas game, he was plain bad until Rodgers replaced him and then the Packers took off with Rodgers properly executing their offense, and in the Giants game Favre got worse as the game wore on and the pressure mounted. The Donald Driver touchdown was awesome, no doubt, but really credit to Driver for the great YAC and score. That pick Favre threw in overtime ... surely we can agree that was a terrible pass to make. Probably worse than the one he threw in 2004 in overtime against the Eagles that cost them that game, the 4th and 26 game. A game where Favre started out with a very good first quarter, and then didn't do much of anything afterwards. There's a trend here.

He played well against Seattle the week before, but one could very well argue that the Seahawks were easily the worst team playing on divisional playoffs weekend and that Ryan Grant's monster game helped prevent Favre from potentially choking the game away. McCarthy has him not throwing footwork and decision-making out the window, and instead executing the offense very well, but now he's got to help him do that in big games.

Maybe Favre can turn it for the better in 08, as I definitely think he's coming back and he should just end the unnecessary drama by saying so. I'll be interested to see if he does, and I hope Colts @ Packers is the first SNF game of the season because that's an awesome game to have on opening weekend.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:31 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like brett farve but im gettin tired of this every year, let aaron takeover this was ur best shot at another title but if he wants to come back he has every right to and i'd bet he does

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote