Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

THE FAB FIVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63GdTSKejX8
NICE HIGHLIGHT
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:55 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Would the packers get a supplemental draft pick if another team signs williams?
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
THE FAB FIVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63GdTSKejX8
NICE HIGHLIGHT
Love the song they play during Drivers highlights
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

I had a bad dream last night. I dreamt that we lost 54-9. I woke up, and thought, "wait, it's Saturday," and felt better.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
I had a bad dream last night. I dreamt that we lost 54-9. I woke up, and thought, "wait, it's Saturday," and felt better.
I had a dream that we got owned and I was horribly, horribly depressed. Weird dream.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
I had a dream that we got owned and I was horribly, horribly depressed. Weird dream.
thats a nightmare

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys can keep those dirty thoughts to yourself.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Would the packers get a supplemental draft pick if another team signs williams?
Yes, if the Packers did not sign someone that offset him. I am hoping for a 5th and 7th rounder this year for who we lost last year.

If Williams signs a 30 million dollar contract and has an equal year to what he's had the past couple years he'd be a 4th rounder in my estimation. What 4th rounder is going to come in a year later and replace his rush up the middle? I'd rather have him.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

We need a guard that can run block. Sign Alan Faneca.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
Yes, if the Packers did not sign someone that offset him. I am hoping for a 5th and 7th rounder this year for who we lost last year.

If Williams signs a 30 million dollar contract and has an equal year to what he's had the past couple years he'd be a 4th rounder in my estimation. What 4th rounder is going to come in a year later and replace his rush up the middle? I'd rather have him.
Yea I'm hoping they can keep Williams too. Even though I have faith in Justin Harrell, he hasn't yet proven that he can replace Williams production.

Also, Faneca would be sweet, though I don't see TT splashing out that kind of money on a guard. I'm hoping we can find a few impact vets to add to the team in free agency though now that we know how close we are.

We'll see what the offseason brings, right now I'm just extremely disappointed..... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well my sig explains my offseason view

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
well my sig explains my offseason view
I too would like to see JackIkegwuonutothePackers. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Divisional Games
2x Chicago Bears
2x Detroit Lions
2x Minnesota Vikings

Easy
vs Atlanta Falcons
vs Carolina Panthers
vs Houston Texans
@ New Orleans Saints

Medium
@ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
@ Seattle Seahawks
@ Tennessee Titans

Hard
vs Dallas Cowboys
vs Indianapolis Colts
@ Jacksonville Jaguars

I see 11.5 wins in my crystal ball.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are there any packers fans that want Rogers to finally step in and get his shot, or are you guys wanting Favre to make another run? Rogers looked really good and it is about time he gets a shot, he has had plenty of time to learn, and if he sits another year wont it be about time to resign him? Not sure how many years he was signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think Rodgers has 2 years left on his contract, not entirely positive on that. If it's 2 years left, i definately want Favre back for another year if he can play like he did this year then I'll take Rodgers first starting in the last year of his contract, see how he does, and pay him accordingly after that.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Are there any packers fans that want Rogers to finally step in and get his shot, or are you guys wanting Favre to make another run? Rogers looked really good and it is about time he gets a shot, he has had plenty of time to learn, and if he sits another year wont it be about time to resign him? Not sure how many years he was signed
I really don't have a preference on whether Favre returns or not. If he retires, I'll be sad but excited to see Rodgers step up, and if he returns, we get Favre for one more year.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

so my thoughts on last nights game is, wow what a horrible game plan. Why did we abandon the run so early. once we lost the run our offense stalled. and to top it off, no real play action pass. and it seems all they did was put their LB's back into coverage. was honestly one of the worst packers games i have seen in a long time. we should of gotten beaten by more than three. WTF Harris. That was a really bad game, Plax, was making every catch. it was just a bad night. but on a positive note, i think it was something that we needed, it will make us want it more next year. so i guess that is a positive spin on things.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
so my thoughts on last nights game is, wow what a horrible game plan. Why did we abandon the run so early. once we lost the run our offense stalled. and to top it off, no real play action pass. and it seems all they did was put their LB's back into coverage. was honestly one of the worst packers games i have seen in a long time. we should of gotten beaten by more than three. WTF Harris. That was a really bad game, Plax, was making every catch. it was just a bad night. but on a positive note, i think it was something that we needed, it will make us want it more next year. so i guess that is a positive spin on things.
A loss in the conference championship game is never needed. I can understand the logic of that if it were a regular season and I thought the Bears game would have done it, but that's crazy to say about the playoffs. I'd take an ass beating in the superbowl over a 3 point loss in the conference championship any year.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i was trying to put a positive spin on it. trust me i am pissed off that we lost. Im trying to think of the glass of half full rather than half empty. if i had my choice we would of wiped the floor with them. but that did not happen.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Here's some more positive spin.

Hopefully Thompson realizes we're only a couple pieces away from having a Super Bowl caliber team. This means resigning Corey Williams, with the knowledge that D-line depth is key to this defense. This means making a big splash in FA, where guys like Alan Faneca or Ryan Lilja (two guards who would fit our scheme perfectly) could bring our O-line to the next level.

The money's there, and I think it would be a big mistake to let go of Corey Williams. Our defense is at its best when Pickett, Jolly, Williams, and Harrell are each in for between a 1/3 and 2/3 of the game.

Faneca could help give our OL an identity, and allow Colledge to prepare to take over Clifton's spot.

I can already foresee Thompson talking about "building from within," but I hope he realizes that probably won't be enough to win a Super Bowl.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well after going 13-3 it will be a lot easier to recruit FAs this offseason.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:18 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping you guys don't re-sign Corey Williams because the Saints need him in the worst way.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:51 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate my life
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I hate my life
im in a despression right now lol, man i wish
Today was Free Agency
Thursday was The Draft
Friday was Training Camp
Saturday was Preseason
Sunday was Season Starter

i dont feel like waiting
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I'm hoping you guys don't re-sign Corey Williams because the Saints need him in the worst way.
Corey is a UT. He amazing on the pass rush, but average vs the run. I really don't care if he gone. His stats went down when we lost our rotation.