Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-21-2008, 10:17 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
Eternal Sunshine was a great movie, totally agree. Charlie Kaufman is a genius, he writes these really bizarre, quirky, yet fantastic scripts. I just saw Being John Malkovich yesterday, by Kaufman, and it def had a similar feeling to Eternal Sunshine. both have ingenius plot s
If you like Kaufman then you'll love adaptation...what a great movie...I'd recommend it to everyone...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

The Edge is just a fantastic movie. Believe it or not it the first time I actually got to see Hopkins greatness about 9 years ago.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
If you like Kaufman then you'll love adaptation...what a great movie...I'd recommend it to everyone...
My favorite Kaufman film of all-time. Simply a genious masterpiece, but some people hated it. Personally, it is top-5 in my favorite movies of all-time.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Juno >>>>> you.
Diablo Cody = Best New Writer On Scene

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:30 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
How are Cloverfield and PotC anything alike?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
they're both movies.
dchess knew the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:30 AM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Diablo Cody = Best New Writer On Scene
Diablo Cody was named the 32nd 'smartest' person in hollywood. Either thats says really bad things about hollywood or cody is extremely overrated. She wrote one script. yes, its very successful. but cmon. the 32nd smartest in hollywood? lets see her write another screenplay then well talk

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

maybe it was just me but there were a lot of similarities between Napoleon Dynamite and Juno....
Old 01-21-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
maybe it was just me but there were a lot of similarities between Napoleon Dynamite and Juno....
Never say that again. Ever.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Never say that again. Ever.
go watch Dynamite and then watch Juno and tell me there are no style similarities...
Old 01-21-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
go watch Dynamite and then watch Juno and tell me there are no style similarities...
Napoleon Dynamite was an atrocity, no way will I ever watch that again.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So well said.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
whatever...I was just saying that the cultural styles were alike that's all...
Old 01-21-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Nah,ND was just more of random scenes that were funny. Juno was just a way better story.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. ND was just a bunch of random scenes that were so stupid that middle school - high school kids found them absolutely downright hilarious. No story either.

People in Juno kind of have a different way of talking, like ND, but thats about it. Juno actually has a story and is funny because its funny, not dumb.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:55 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i saw NO country for Old men, nice movie, those brothers sure like making voilent movies like fargo. But what happened to the suit case, he took it from the river, and said he was going to give it to his wife, so he wouldn't know where the money went.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
i saw NO country for Old men, nice movie, those brothers sure like making voilent movies like fargo. But what happened to the suit case, he took it from the river, and said he was going to give it to his wife, so he wouldn't know where the money went.
Anton has it.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:54 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Posted it in my award thread, but it probably deserves to be posted in here more. The Main Categories for the OSCARS.

Best Motion Picture of the Year

Nominees:

Atonement (2007): Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Paul Webster

Juno (2007)

Michael Clayton (2007)

No Country for Old Men (2007): Ethan Coen, Joel Coen, Scott Rudin

There Will Be Blood (2007): Paul Thomas Anderson, Daniel Lupi, JoAnne Sellar

Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role

Nominees:

George Clooney for Michael Clayton (2007)

Daniel Day-Lewis for There Will Be Blood (2007)

Johnny Depp for Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)

Tommy Lee Jones for In the Valley of Elah (2007)

Viggo Mortensen for Eastern Promises (2007)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role

Nominees:

Cate Blanchett for Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007)

Julie Christie for Away from Her (2006)

Marion Cotillard for Môme, La (2007)

Laura Linney for The Savages (2007)

Ellen Page for Juno (2007)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role

Nominees:

Casey Affleck for The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007)

Javier Bardem for No Country for Old Men (2007)

Philip Seymour Hoffman for Charlie Wilson's War (2007)

Hal Holbrook for Into the Wild (2007)

Tom Wilkinson for Michael Clayton (2007)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role

Nominees:

Cate Blanchett for I'm Not There. (2007)

Ruby Dee for American Gangster (2007)

Saoirse Ronan for Atonement (2007)

Amy Ryan for Gone Baby Gone (2007)

Tilda Swinton for Michael Clayton (2007)

Best Achievement in Directing

Nominees:

Paul Thomas Anderson for There Will Be Blood (2007)

Ethan Coen, Joel Coen for No Country for Old Men (2007)

Tony Gilroy for Michael Clayton (2007)

Jason Reitman for Juno (2007)

Julian Schnabel for Scaphandre et le papillon, Le (2007)

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
In the scene where Tommy Lee Jones goes back to the hotel room where Llewelyn dies, Anton is in the room with the sachel of money. Llewelyn went back to get the money after trowing it off the bridge, and had it with him at the hotel.

Quote:
When I saw Cloverfield the other day, before the preveiws started, they had these 'fun facts' and it said that Jon Heder played the role and only got paid $1000 for the movie.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:56 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Julia Roberts and Tim Burton got screwed...
Old 01-22-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be a hell of a battle between Joel/Ethan and PT

Old 01-22-2008, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone hasn't seen There Will Be Blood, see it now. I say it is the Best Picture of the Year and PT Anderson deserves the Directing nod over the Coen Brothers. Also, I like how Commie gave them the best original score award in his other thread because that was one of the best scores that I have heard in years.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im dying to see no country, juno, and there will be blood.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

well...I have yet to see there will be blood...but Juno and No country were masterpieces in their own right...

if you want to, you can watch juno and NCFOM online... I've looked for there will be blood but I have yet to find it...
Old 01-22-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
If anyone hasn't seen There Will Be Blood, see it now. I say it is the Best Picture of the Year and PT Anderson deserves the Directing nod over the Coen Brothers. Also, I like how Commie gave them the best original score award in his other thread because that was one of the best scores that I have heard in years.
it wqas by Johnny Greenwood of Radiohead

Old 01-22-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hollywood lost a great actor today in Heath Ledger, way before his time.
His performance in brokeback was great, his role as the joker looks amazing and he did many other great roles as well.

He will be surely missed

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote