Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-21-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a wishlist for a new XBOX 360 system The XBOX 360 Ultra/Ultimate Elite or whatever you want to call it.
  • Wireless 802.11 (So no need to buy the $100 adapter)
  • A 120-200GB Hard Drive
  • Blu-Ray Drive (HD-DVD is pretty much on it's death bed with all the studious jumping ship)
  • Black Finish ala the current XBOX 360 Elite
  • Gears of War 2 to go along with it

It'll probably be around $799, but it would literally be a beast of a machine.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Here's a wishlist for a new XBOX 360 system The XBOX 360 Ultra/Ultimate Elite or whatever you want to call it.
  • Wireless 802.11 (So no need to buy the $100 adapter)
  • A 120-200GB Hard Drive
  • Blu-Ray Drive (HD-DVD is pretty much on it's death bed with all the studious jumping ship)
  • Black Finish ala the current XBOX 360 Elite
  • Gears of War 2 to go along with it

It'll probably be around $799, but it would literally be a beast of a machine.
Sounds kinda like a PS3
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Sounds kinda like a PS3
Yeah, the PS3 as a piece of hardware is great no doubt about it. The 802.11 ready to go, the Blu-ray(Though probably the main reason for it's steep price, was smart decision by Sony), and the fact that it can run Linux and other Unix based OS on there is great. Though I'm not a fan of the UI, and I'm a bigger fan of the titles on the XBOX. But the list was pretty much obvious things microsoft should consider doing to the next generations of XBOX's in the next 6-12 months. No Brainers IMO.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Burnout Paradise. Looks beautiful.

FF13 on 360

Splinter Cell: Conviction

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Yeah, the PS3 as a piece of hardware is great no doubt about it. The 802.11 ready to go, the Blu-ray(Though probably the main reason for it's steep price, was smart decision by Sony), and the fact that it can run Linux and other Unix based OS on there is great. Though I'm not a fan of the UI, and I'm a bigger fan of the titles on the XBOX. But the list was pretty much obvious things microsoft should consider doing to the next generations of XBOX's in the next 6-12 months. No Brainers IMO.
It really isnt a no brainer for microsoft, becuase the main reason why the PS3 wasnt selling was because of its price, and only now since PS3 offered much cheaper option will it begin to sell more(IMO). Saying that I am very happy that I have the 80 Gig Model for myself. Also regarding the titles, if you look at the titles for the upcoming year, i actually like PS3's a bit more, not to mention Home will be coming out
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

well...if we're going to do game systems....I'll do a wish list for the wii...

- wireless nunchuck (currently in development)
- a hard drive (around 40 GB would be nice)
- just the ability to play DVD's would be greatly appreciated
- better graphic port...say at least 720p....
- headset for online play
- better online system...something along the lines of the xbox...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It really isnt a no brainer for microsoft, becuase the main reason why the PS3 wasnt selling was because of its price, and only now since PS3 offered much cheaper option will it begin to sell more(IMO). Saying that I am very happy that I have the 80 Gig Model for myself. Also regarding the titles, if you look at the titles for the upcoming year, i actually like PS3's a bit more, not to mention Home will be coming out
Haze is getting alot of hype and looks like it could be amazing. Killzone 2 is coming out god knows when, but still looks great. And of course MGS4, which is by far my favorite game franchise of all time is suppose to come out Q2 2008, so you really can't argue with the titles.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really can't imagine life without BioShock, Mass Effect & Halo 3. The 360 is basically a must-have for it's exclusive games, the PS3 isn't...

With that being said, the lower price and better game selection will convince a lot of gamers to pair their 360 with a PS3. A few months ago I dreamed of having a Wii, now I'd rather have a PS3.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I really can't imagine life without BioShock, Mass Effect & Halo 3. The 360 is basically a must-have for it's exclusive games, the PS3 isn't...

With that being said, the lower price and better game selection will convince a lot of gamers to pair their 360 with a PS3. A few months ago I dreamed of having a Wii, now I'd rather have a PS3.
aww...you should still want a wii....
Old 01-22-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
well...if we're going to do game systems....I'll do a wish list for the wii...

- wireless nunchuck (currently in development)
- a hard drive (around 40 GB would be nice)
- just the ability to play DVD's would be greatly appreciated
- better graphic port...say at least 720p....
- headset for online play
- better online system...something along the lines of the xbox...
The 2 I bolded are what I would love for the Wii. The headset I haven't used for anything else so I can live without, but the lack of wireless games holds it back big time IMO.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
The 2 I bolded are what I would love for the Wii. The headset I haven't used for anything else so I can live without, but the lack of wireless games holds it back big time IMO.
what do you mean "wireless games"?
Old 01-22-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sorry, I meant games you can play online, I use wireless internet and always call online gaming wireless for some reason.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I could bet money that he meant online games. And that really is a big handicap so far with the Wii. Even brawl looks like it may not be that good online.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I could bet money that he meant online games. And that really is a big handicap so far with the Wii. Even brawl looks like it may not be that good online.
Just beat you to it haha

Old 01-22-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
yea, I agree...Wii's online gaming doesn't get me interested at all...

and it's not even that reliable...it's like a 75% chance you get matched into a game with Madden or even Guitar Hero...