Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.
Default Carey to be first black referee in Super Bowl

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story?i...o&confirm=true

i glad to hear this hes my favriot ref
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be more amazed if he was the 1st ref who wasn't blind
Old 01-20-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excellent. The Superbowl will be greatly enhanced by his arm flailing.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they should of got this guy

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gAMtCCezpfU
Old 01-20-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good stuff! More progress, always nice to see!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:47 AM    (permalink
Stoopid512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Excellent. The Superbowl will be greatly enhanced by his arm flailing.
I've always wondered about why he seems to try to keep the calls as suspenseful as possible, like he's holding back on announcing which team the penalty is against.

I'm not too thrilled about him reffing this game, he did a butcher job on the Saints/Texans game this year. It was not a pretty job by the refs at all, either on the field or in replay.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First black referee doing the Super Bowl? I certainly hope they don't make a big deal about that. Regardless of color, I think he is the best referee out there, so I'm happy he is doing the game.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:09 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were him, and this were how my name was mentioned, I'd be pretty pissed. Does anybody else find it odd that we still put up with this crap? I mean, whether the lines are drawn in a negative or positive spirit doesn't matter; the lines are still being drawn either way. Seems awful hypocritical. Seems like whenever the subject of race comes up in the media, most people fail to recognize how stupid we sound as a society. I was watching a big-stage event the other day, and couldn't believe what I was hearing from these people who presented themselves as highly-educated leaders. It was all "us" and "them" and all this nonsense that drew ignorantly enthusiastic applause.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:10 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This shouldn't even be a story. Carey was probably the most consistent and best ref this season (having watched a ton of games due to Sunday Ticket), and I think he earned it on merit. His skin color is irrelevant.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Journalist only wrote stuff that was important than atleast half of them would be out of the job. They need to find stuff to fill the pages, no matter how inconsequencial.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
they should of got this guy

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gAMtCCezpfU
Hahaha that's awesome

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
If I were him, and this were how my name was mentioned, I'd be pretty pissed. Does anybody else find it odd that we still put up with this crap? I mean, whether the lines are drawn in a negative or positive spirit doesn't matter; the lines are still being drawn either way. Seems awful hypocritical. Seems like whenever the subject of race comes up in the media, most people fail to recognize how stupid we sound as a society. I was watching a big-stage event the other day, and couldn't believe what I was hearing from these people who presented themselves as highly-educated leaders. It was all "us" and "them" and all this nonsense that drew ignorantly enthusiastic applause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
This shouldn't even be a story. Carey was probably the most consistent and best ref this season (having watched a ton of games due to Sunday Ticket), and I think he earned it on merit. His skin color is irrelevant.
I couldnt agree with both of you more.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoopid512 View Post
I've always wondered about why he seems to try to keep the calls as suspenseful as possible, like he's holding back on announcing which team the penalty is against.

I'm not too thrilled about him reffing this game, he did a butcher job on the Saints/Texans game this year. It was not a pretty job by the refs at all, either on the field or in replay.
he seems to dislike the saints ... many calls against our success!
Old 01-24-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whether it should be a story or not my hats off to him.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
The media will ALWAYS take over a situation and make it a racism theme when they can.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post

Here! Here!

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Unfortunately he is an atrocious referee. I can't remember the last game I saw him in where one team didn't get boned. I can't stand when him or the two really old refs are doing the Rams game.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

about time the superbowl gets a good ref
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
adamprez2003
Rookie

adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.

is carey the guy who called the phantom hold on webster in the giants/pats gm week 17

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious
adamprez2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:32 AM    (permalink
fondoffilm
Rookie

fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.

Would've been cool to see him call last year's game.
fondoffilm is offline   Reply With Quote