Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Is Luis Castillo the best 3-4 DE in the league?

Ive debated this in my mind. If you watch Castillo play, he seems just as dominant if not more dominant than Seymour.

Seymours best numbers were 57 tackles in one season, and 8 sacks in one season. That was 3 years ago, and hasn't quite recaptured that magic since.

In Castillo's 2nd year alone, he has 37 tackles and 7 sacks, with 2 games left to play.

This year Seymour 35 tackles and 4 sacks.

I know Seymour is known for his versatility, but everything he does Castillo does as well. Couple that with a better pass rush, is it far fetched to say that right here right now Castillo is the best 3-4 DE in the league?
Old 12-21-2006, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is a bit far fetched. Right now Castillo is playing with better talent all around on his defense than Seymour is. Teams look to make sure Seymour is taking care of first. On San Diego I think teams are more worried with Jamal Williams and Merriman.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
I think it is a bit far fetched. Right now Castillo is playing with better talent all around on his defense than Seymour is. Teams look to make sure Seymour is taking care of first. On San Diego I think teams are more worried with Jamal Williams and Merriman.
I think that has some relevance to it but I also think that NEs front 7 is the most underrated in the league.

Aferall, Seymour has Wilfork right next to him and Bruschi and Vrabel behind him.

Castillo is more fluid and more of a DE than Seymour is. I know a lot of it has to do with guys around them, but the difference isn't as large as you think.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:35 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats definatly an argument......... personally i think castillo is still youung and hasnt fufilled his potential yet, but where he is now, he could become better than seymour in the next 2 years

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:36 AM    (permalink
danman253

uhhh BBD, wtf is wrong with ur avy?
Old 12-21-2006, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

BBD whats with the avatars?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Is it too graphic? Should I get rid of it?
Old 12-21-2006, 10:41 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Dude come on don't do this.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:42 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's worth mentioning that Castilllo has missed 4 games and has still put up those numbers. He's not even playing at 100 percent now that he's back.

He's pretty crazy. IMO his only competition is Igor Olshansky and Seymour.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Who are you? Are you trying to get banned?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:44 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In general, I'd probably still take Richard Seymour, but Luis is getting close. I think the big difference is the NT they play with. Williams is far better than Wilfork, and I like Wilfork. But I think Williams is the best NT in the game right now, and does a good job of "freeing up" the ends somewhat. Teams gameplan for Seymour when they face the Pats, and as of now, they don't do that against Castillo yet. I'd have to go over somethings, but I do think I'd still take Seymour in a neutral environment.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

its gone... I didn't know I could get banned for that.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:50 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For now, Seymour. For the future, Castillo.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Remember guys, he missed 4 games....and he has 7 sacks and 37 tackles! Thats damn impressive.

And think about this. The year Seymour exploded with 8 sacks and 55 tackles, he had Ted Washington at NT and Willie McGinnest at LB with Bruschi and Vrabel behind him. Thats a TON of star talent, just as much if not more than Castillo.

And Castillo was on pace to shatter those numbers had he stayed healthy this year. I think thats damn impressive.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:58 AM    (permalink

what was on the avatar??
Old 12-21-2006, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Or trying to get me fired at work. I almost had a heart attack when that came up on my monitor.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:02 AM    (permalink

ban the ****** its up again
Old 12-21-2006, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Or trying to get me fired at work. I almost had a heart attack when that came up on my monitor.
Really? My coworkers were laughing their butt off. My bad guys.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:03 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah as of right now I'll say Seymour, but Castillo is on his way
Old 12-21-2006, 11:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSmith
ban the ****** its up again
No, that was a different one. Fine guys, I guess I'll stick to the usual ones. I didn't know it was that serious.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:04 AM    (permalink

both of them were repulsive... why did u put the second one up there?
Old 12-21-2006, 11:04 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is/are the avatar(s) in question?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:06 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSmith
what was on the avatar??
yes what was it I need to know?
Old 12-21-2006, 11:07 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
one was a guy getting bitten by a snake, I saw it up here once before once so I didn't know it was banned, the other was a Bruce Lee one owning somebody in one of his movies.

I took them off immediately after people were offended by them. It won't happen again.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:07 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
BBD just thought it would be funny to have 2 big pics of a man ******* himself in the @hole, and a man with a blown-off jaw