Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 01-19-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Josh Johson

5th round projection...that could be moving on up. He's made good decisions and good throws. I mean he's putting the ball on point...I know it's only one game...but I like this guy...a lot.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need immediate impact, not a guy who willneed at least 2 years. I could see us grab him and Matt Ryan/ a top QB, but not just him.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You're not going to convince me that we have to take a QB round 1.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't need to. You are not the one calling the shots.

We will get a QB early on even if you do not believe it.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

laughable.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

How is it laughable? That we will get a QB early on?

Old 01-19-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everywhere I go its just you two arguing. Godamn.

I wouldnt mind drafting him and using a short term answer at the QB position. Maybe Chris Redman or some FA. Build up our offense, have Johnson learn on the bench, and get him into the game a year or two later.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was an organization in need of a QB I would be willing to pass on all the projected first round QBs (Ryan, Brohm, Woodson) and take Johnson in round two or three as a "project" QB. After 2-3 years as a second or third string in the right system I am positive he would turn into a star QB. Its an intriguing situation I am sure many teams are looking into. There are not too many QBs this year with this much upside.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:40 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
If I was an organization in need of a QB I would be willing to pass on all the projected first round QBs (Ryan, Brohm, Woodson) and take Johnson in round two or three as a "project" QB. After 2-3 years as a second or third string in the right system I am positive he would turn into a star QB. Its an intriguing situation I am sure many teams are looking into. There are not too many QBs this year with this much upside.
He's going to have to keep doing a lot of good work to get selected in the 2nd round, but I could see him going in the 4th round easily...3rd may be a bit early...but his potential is unquestioned.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:43 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Johnson alot period. The kid can play some QB.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 01-19-2008 at 11:47 PM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to get Johnson, we dont need a impact right away... we need to get a good QB with upside that can produce later.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if we were to draft a quarterback like Josh Johnson, I'd go with Dixon instead of Johnson. Dixon's a big-play quarterback who's made perfect throws in a lot of games, and I've seen him carry Oregon on his own shoulders a lot before he got injured. The only thing holding me back from actually wanting to draft Dixon in the later rounds is his injury. Will it hinder his durability? Most likely. But the thing I want to know is how he is going to play knowing that. Will he be more conservative knowing that he can get injured again? That's the kind of thing he should be asking himself too.

I've only seen Johnson play last night and a couple of games in the beginning of the season. I've only seen him shine in the game last night and maybe a couple of games in the beginning of the season, I stopped tracking him after I saw Dixon getting hot in the middle of the season.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Take em both! lol. If Dixon is UDFA I think you have to pick him up if you're the Falcons. But Johnson I'd be willing to use a pick on.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt Dixon will really go undrafted. He was most likely the lead-runner in the 'Heisman chase' before he got injured.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I agree that he was the lead dog, but man...that injury on a player of his style...how could you tell for sure what his recovery is going to be...and what mindset it will give him for the long run? I just don't like it...he's beyond developmental, he's going to be on rehab once he gets to your team.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:27 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Both Johnson and Dixon would be enormous gambles at the most important position on the team. And unfortunately, we do need immediate help. Hey, i'd be happy to grab one in the 6th or so, if they last, and keep him to compete with Shockley. But that cannot be our only QB move this offseason.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:53 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

before dixon got injured he was highly projected and he would be a great 2nd day pick imo.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:55 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

If we draft either one of them Shock is a goner...
Old 01-24-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone knows I'm a big time Dixon fan. I'd love to take a flyer on him.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to pick up Josh Johnson!
did you see the stats he put up? woooooow.

i know he didnt play against top competition but its still pretty hard to only make 1 mistake while throwing 43 TD's
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote