Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-08-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sportsline.com/mmaboxing/story/10565380/2

I just thought this thread could do with a bump after reading this article, Hatton vs Pacquaio by the end of 08, sounds pretty far out if you ask me, but should Pacquiao manage to get up to 140 successfully, that would be one crazy fight, in fighting galore. I heard one journalist here say it could be fought in a phone box (booth). Thoughts?

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:39 PM    (permalink
lightsout
Rookie

lightsout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

anybody see that miranda ko? wow.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:12 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Naw I flipped to the Lakers/Bucks game. I heard Miranda caught him wit a right hand. I'll catch the highlights somewhere. I read that Sergio Mora looked awful again in his win tonight, too. If anybody's interested...
Old 01-17-2008, 05:12 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roy Jones is gonna take care of business on Saturday then he's gonna do the same thing to Calzaghe. After he's done with Calzaghe he's gonna KO Chad Dawson, Kelly Pavlik, Antonio Tarver and Glenn Johnson in consecutive fights to finish his career at the top of the p4p rankings. And if u can't already tell...yes, I'm from Pensacola and I am the biggest Roy Jones homer.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

ESPN was reporting that ODH an Floyd are very close to signing a remtch. Just what I heard, dont know if there is much truth to it. I hope so. I think ODH can give him another run for his money.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:08 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
ESPN was reporting that ODH an Floyd are very close to signing a remtch. Just what I heard, dont know if there is much truth to it. I hope so. I think ODH can give him another run for his money.
I also heard that rumor.

I think it would be an interesting rematch but it will have the same results. I would like to see Floyd fight at least one more different fighter before he fights Oscar again.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
I also heard that rumor.

I think it would be an interesting rematch but it will have the same results. I would like to see Floyd fight at least one more different fighter before he fights Oscar again.
I keep hoping for Cotto to get the nod. I think he is one who actually has a shot at winning. Just as much as FLoyd does.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Cotto has no chance to beat Floyd right now. Neither does Antonio Margarito. Neither does Joshua Clottey. It's because they fight for Bob Arum and Floyd's not doin business with Arum. The only way he'll fight one of Arum's fighter is if they distinguish themselves as a HUGE mega-star and the money is too much to turn down. Til then he's not doin any business with Top Rank.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
lightsout
Rookie

lightsout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

dlh/mayweather II is almost done for september and floyd sr. is going to train oscar. should make for an entertaining 24/7. i don't really care for the fight though. floyd needs to fight cotto and williams.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:03 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ODH v. mayweather 2? ODH has no chance
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My buddy is a huge John Duddy fan...and Duddy is finally getting his shot against Pavlik at the garden, June 7th. Oh I'm going...I cant wait. I still want Taylor to win the February fight, though...soften him up a bit. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good Fight on Tonight....

Unbeaten, B.J. Flores 20-0-1 (13 KO)

vs.

Darnell Wilson 22-5-3 (19 KO)

Friday Night Fights (ESPN2)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-16-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Pavlik/Taylor 2 tonight. I'm pulling for Taylor.

edit...Pavlik wins in unanimous decision.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-16-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Pavlik/Taylor 2 tonight. I'm pulling for Taylor.

edit...Pavlik wins in unanimous decision.
I was pulling for Taylor as well. Good fight.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
757Dawg
Rookie

757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.

Y-Town represent.....

Pavlik - 2
Taylor - 0

F'n awesome.
757Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:21 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I dont like this crap I'm hearing about Tito possibly getting that fight instead of Duddy. I love Tito but, when is Duddy finally going to be given that chance? ugh. I'd fully expect Pavlik to win but, I still want to see it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-08-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haye vs Maccarinelli in an hour and a half or so, much hype for this in the States? I can't wait! WAR HAYE!!

Old 03-09-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No hype in the states, but I am fortunatley in Ireland! Watched on Setanta and Haye looked sick, I am interested to see him at HW....not so sure he is big enough.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:14 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Apparently his plan is to take 6 months off and put on 2 stone of solid muscle, not sure about that, but his power should translate to HW, and at least it will be a colourful guy to invigorate what has been a lacklustre division for some time.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Juan Diaz looked ordinary. Campbell came to fight. I had to leave b4 the Peter/Maskaev fight. Anybody watch it? I know Peter ko'd him, but how did he look?
Old 03-10-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
Juan Diaz looked ordinary. Campbell came to fight. I had to leave b4 the Peter/Maskaev fight. Anybody watch it? I know Peter ko'd him, but how did he look?
Peter looked solid...he's no longer just clubbing out there. He's def. becoming more well-rounded and it's showing. I was impressed.

How about that David Haye knockout? Damn, I love him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-10-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Apparently his plan is to take 6 months off and put on 2 stone of solid muscle, not sure about that, but his power should translate to HW, and at least it will be a colourful guy to invigorate what has been a lacklustre division for some time.
well, I wish him luck in that goal, but paching on muscle is tough. Some fat is sure to come with it, but its not like he cant afford to put on some fat, guy is lean as all hell. It will be interesting to see to say the least, I am excited and would pick him over a lot of HW. Just not a guy like Peter or Wlad yet.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Calzaghe vs. B-Hop tonight, I cant wait.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-19-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Yeah, who you got to win? I think Calzaghe decision, whoever wins I see it going the distance.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Yeah, who you got to win? I think Calzaghe decision, whoever wins I see it going the distance.
Yeah, I'd say Calzaghe wins by decision also.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS