Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
And why exactly wouldn't the Chargers have a chance with Volek? He's one of the best backup quarterbacks in the league, has proven in the past that he can come into the game and play at a high level and you know what? Even without LT and Gates, the Chargers have a lot of talent on offense. Chris Chambers gave the Chargers something Marty never had as the team's HC. A respectable group of receivers.
Hahaha. Yeah, he really showed it this year. His whopping numbers in the regular season showed he can still play. Oh yeah, I mean he thrilled us all going 3/10 for 6 yards, with 2 sacks, an INT, and a lost fumbled snap. But you saw that he led one good drive against the Colts, with the biggest play being a 28 yard screen set up by Legedu Naanee, and assumed he'd play like that all game long against the Patriots, who got to see Volek at his best last week and plan for it? And without LT and Gates, Rivers shined, which was the argument in the first place against the Colts. Rivers stepped up and got it to Vincent Jackson a lot, and that's why we managed to win. Rivers playing was the right decision the next week, because no, Billy Volek did not prove he could go into NE and win that game.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Well, I'm denying it. The Chargers beat a hapless Titans team that barely squeaked into the playoffs and Colts team without several key players in the divisionals and the team that Marty couldn't beat, Norv couldn't beat either. And IMO, saying the opponent makes no difference when you've been eliminated from the playoffs by the same team two years in a row is the worst logic I've ever seen. And I've seen someone make an argument for the Redskins drafting Elton Brown third overall once upon a time.
The Chargers beat a Titans team, when, with Marty it's hard to think he might have done that, althoguh he probably could have. And I hope you're not talking about the Colts missing players, when SD lost its star RB and played with a hobbled TE and without a starting QB the 4th quarter. All of which, mind you, Norv gameplanned around and did more for. Who were the Colts missing? Dwight Freeney? Both teams had injuries, and we went into Indy, and won, and advanced to the AFCCG something that Marty did not do.

And then on top of all of that, you say that because we lost to the Patriots, just like Marty did, somehow Norv did no better, despite the fact he got the team farther? Really? What about the fact that the Patriots had an entirely revamped receiving core, a running back with a whole nother year of experience, two brand new linebackers in Seau and Thomas? And yet somehow that's the same team? Not to mention one was a road game like this year, and one was at home, last year for Marty. Or the fact, that you said Norv did not do better for the team. The last I checked, two playoff wins and a trip to the AFCCG is better then one playoff loss.

You could argue Marty is a better coach then Norv. You cannot argue Norv didn't do more for the Chargers this year then Marty did last year.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,438
Reputation: 1827586
CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Hahaha. Yeah, he really showed it this year. His whopping numbers in the regular season showed he can still play. Oh yeah, I mean he thrilled us all going 3/10 for 6 yards, with 2 sacks, an INT, and a lost fumbled snap. But you saw that he led one good drive against the Colts, with the biggest play being a 28 yard screen set up by Legedu Naanee, and assumed he'd play like that all game long against the Patriots, who got to see Volek at his best last week and plan for it? And without LT and Gates, Rivers shined, which was the argument in the first place against the Colts. Rivers stepped up and got it to Vincent Jackson a lot, and that's why we managed to win. Rivers playing was the right decision the next week, because no, Billy Volek did not prove he could go into NE and win that game.





The Chargers beat a Titans team, when, with Marty it's hard to think he might have done that, althoguh he probably could have. And I hope you're not talking about the Colts missing players, when SD lost its star RB and played with a hobbled TE and without a starting QB the 4th quarter. All of which, mind you, Norv gameplanned around and did more for. Who were the Colts missing? Dwight Freeney? Both teams had injuries, and we went into Indy, and won, and advanced to the AFCCG something that Marty did not do.

And then on top of all of that, you say that because we lost to the Patriots, just like Marty did, somehow Norv did no better, despite the fact he got the team farther? Really? What about the fact that the Patriots had an entirely revamped receiving core, a running back with a whole nother year of experience, two brand new linebackers in Seau and Thomas? And yet somehow that's the same team? Not to mention one was a road game like this year, and one was at home, last year for Marty. Or the fact, that you said Norv did not do better for the team. The last I checked, two playoff wins and a trip to the AFCCG is better then one playoff loss.

You could argue Marty is a better coach then Norv. You cannot argue Norv didn't do more for the Chargers this year then Marty did last year.

Don't even argue with this joker, he's just baiting you. I seriously doubt anyone could truly believe the things he's typing.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
KRS1
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 113
Reputation: 96
KRS1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
And why exactly wouldn't the Chargers have a chance with Volek? He's one of the best backup quarterbacks in the league, has proven in the past that he can come into the game and play at a high level and you know what? Even without LT and Gates, the Chargers have a lot of talent on offense. Chris Chambers gave the Chargers something Marty never had as the team's HC. A respectable group of receivers.



Well, I'm denying it. The Chargers beat a hapless Titans team that barely squeaked into the playoffs and Colts team without several key players in the divisionals and the team that Marty couldn't beat, Norv couldn't beat either. And IMO, saying the opponent makes no difference when you've been eliminated from the playoffs by the same team two years in a row is the worst logic I've ever seen. And I've seen someone make an argument for the Redskins drafting Elton Brown third overall once upon a time.

While I wouldn't say that Norv did more this year than Marty ever did, you are way off base in your argument. Norv delivered 2 playoff wins more in one season than Marty could get done in what like 5 or 6 years.

They beat the defending champs with their backups! What more do you want there?

I also don't want to sound like a jerk but if you don't see a difference between last years Patriots and this years Patriots then you should probably never consider yourself a football fan again. The Chargers choked and coughed last years playoff game up to a team they were clearly better than. The Patriots this year (dude I can't even believe I need to say this) are arguably the best NFL team EVER and IMO the best offense anyone has ever seen. Not only did the Chargers look better in this years game I think that if LT, Gates, Jamal Williams and Rivers not been hurt the outcome could have been different. Sure both losses were to the Pats but the 2 teams were not even close unless you consider Reche Caldwell and Troy Brown on the same level as Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Donte Stallworth. Or maybe Tuly Banta Cain is comparable to Adalius Thomas and Junior Seau (or at least the way he is playing). Did Richard Seymour even play last year or was he hurt? Dude it's not close. You can dress a piece of crap argument up any way you want but it's still a piece of crap and it makes you look... Not so intelligent.
__________________
KRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,168
Reputation: 950956
Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Hahaha. Yeah, he really showed it this year. His whopping numbers in the regular season showed he can still play. Oh yeah, I mean he thrilled us all going 3/10 for 6 yards, with 2 sacks, an INT, and a lost fumbled snap. But you saw that he led one good drive against the Colts, with the biggest play being a 28 yard screen set up by Legedu Naanee, and assumed he'd play like that all game long against the Patriots, who got to see Volek at his best last week and plan for it?
Actually no, I saw him play for the Titans. When he actually started games And had more than four pass attempts in any one game. But whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
The Chargers beat a Titans team, when, with Marty it's hard to think he might have done that, althoguh he probably could have. And I hope you're not talking about the Colts missing players, when SD lost its star RB and played with a hobbled TE and without a starting QB the 4th quarter. All of which, mind you, Norv gameplanned around and did more for. Who were the Colts missing? Dwight Freeney? Both teams had injuries, and we went into Indy, and won, and advanced to the AFCCG something that Marty did not do.
The difference being that that the Chargers had someone to turn to. Don't have LT? Well, Michael Turner isn't LT, but hes pretty damn good. He didn't have Gates, but for once, he had receivers to throw to. Heck, they kept talking about it during the games. Vincent Jackson providing the role that Gates normally would.

The Colts were without Freeney who, yes, is a huge loss and Marvin Harison. That left the Colts to turn to Devin Aromashodu. Please tell me you can see the difference between LT - Turner and Marvin Harrison - Devin Aromashodu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
And then on top of all of that, you say that because we lost to the Patriots, just like Marty did, somehow Norv did no better, despite the fact he got the team farther? Really? What about the fact that the Patriots had an entirely revamped receiving core, a running back with a whole nother year of experience, two brand new linebackers in Seau and Thomas? And yet somehow that's the same team? Not to mention one was a road game like this year, and one was at home, last year for Marty.
And how about the emergence of Antonio Cromartie and Vincent Jackson? Or the acquisition of Chris Chambers? If you're going to make the argument that the Patriots inproved talent wise, you need to make that argument for the Chargers too.

If you're going to argue that Laurence Maroney has another year of experience, well, so does the entire Chargers roster. Except Eric Weddle.

As for Junior Seau, please tell me you're arguing that the Chargers lost because of 80 year old Junior Seau. Please go down that road.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
You could argue Marty is a better coach then Norv. You cannot argue Norv didn't do more for the Chargers this year then Marty did last year.
Norv couldn't get the Chargers past the Patriots. Neither could Marty. And as a result, the Chargers have to sit and watch the Patriots move on. Just like Marty. You can deny it all you want, but thats the cold hard truth.

Last edited by Crickett : 01-28-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Actually no, I saw him play for the Titans. When he actually started games And had more than four pass attempts in any one game. But whatever.

The difference being that that the Chargers had someone to turn to. Don't have LT? Well, Michael Turner isn't LT, but hes pretty damn good. He didn't have Gates, but for once, he had receivers to throw to.

The Colts were without Freeney who, yes, is a huge loss and Marvin Harison. That left the Colts to turn to Devin Aromashodu. Please tell me you can see the difference between LT - Turner and Marvin Harrison - Devin Aromashodu.

And how about the emergence of Antonio Cromartie and Vincent Jackson? Or the acquisition of Chris Chambers? If you're going to make the argument that the Patriots inproved talent wise, you need to make that argument for the Chargers too.

If you're going to argue that Laurence Maroney has another year of experience, well, so does the entire Chargers roster. Except Eric Weddle.

As for Junior Seau, please tell me you're arguing that the Chargers lost because of 80 year old Junior Seau. Please go down that road.

Norv couldn't get the Chargers past the Patriots. Neither could Marty. And as a result, the Chargers have to sit and watch the Patriots move on. Just like Marty. You can deny it all you want, but thats the cold hard truth.
Those are some of the most illogical arguments I've ever seen. I'm done arguing it, I think most people can see thru it.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,438
Reputation: 1827586
CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post



Norv couldn't get the Chargers past the Patriots. Neither could Marty. And as a result, the Chargers have to sit and watch the Patriots move on. Just like Marty. You can deny it all you want, but thats the cold hard truth.
Wow, so your "cold hard truth" is that winning 2 playoff games and advancing to the AFCCG is exactly the same as losing in the first round? Seriously, are you reading what you are writing? 28 other teams wish they had gone as far as Norv took this Charger team.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: the land of fisch and mcgee
Posts: 7,105
Reputation: 327687
Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

bad decision by the medical staff.
I guess Kaeding didn't deserve all of the flak(sp?) everyone was giving him.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,168
Reputation: 950956
Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
Wow, so your "cold hard truth" is that winning 2 playoff games and advancing to the AFCCG is exactly the same as losing in the first round? Seriously, are you reading what you are writing? 28 other teams wish they had gone as far as Norv took this Charger team.
28 teams wish they lost the AFC championship game? I doubt that.
As for losing in different rounds, if you're going to get beat by the same team, no, I don't see a difference.

Enjoy the offseason with the rest of us. Even illogical ole me.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,438
Reputation: 1827586
CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
28 teams wish they lost the AFC championship game? I doubt that.
As for losing in different rounds, if you're going to get beat by the same team, no, I don't see a difference.

Enjoy the offseason with the rest of us. Even illogical ole me.
You joke, but you really are not making sense. Next year if the Cowboys lose to the Giants in the NFCCG, I guarantee they had a better season than they did this year.

Yes, 28 other teams wish they had lost the AFC championship game. because it means they were IN the AFCCG.

Let's not forget that Norv, despite being just the same if not worse than Marty according to you, had his team within 2 points in the 4th quarter against supposedly the GOAT team. With a ridiculously banged up squad.

Trash him all you want, it's obvious the Chargers believe in Norv and are willing to play through insane pain and injuries to win for him. That's all that matters.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 1,585
Reputation: 248
asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

intense stuff. Thats still probably not smart though, legs are kind of an important part of the body for a kicker.
__________________

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,512
Reputation: 297
Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
28 teams wish they lost the AFC championship game? I doubt that.
As for losing in different rounds, if you're going to get beat by the same team, no, I don't see a difference.

Enjoy the offseason with the rest of us. Even illogical ole me.


Every team other than the chargers and pats wished they would have lost the AFC Championship game. And you turned his words around. He said "teams wish they would have went as far as the Chargers", which is undoubtedly true.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:26 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 3,898
Reputation: 416052
wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Really this and Rivers just makes you wonder what is really wrong with LT.

I mean clearly the medical staff have no regard for the players long term health, or they wouldn't let them continue, the coaching staff likewise are not concerned whether you are healthy or not.

This basically means that either LT didn't want to play or there was something seriously wrong with him.
__________________


Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:34 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 4,791
Reputation: 35170
someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Really this and Rivers just makes you wonder what is really wrong with LT.

I mean clearly the medical staff have no regard for the players long term health, or they wouldn't let them continue, the coaching staff likewise are not concerned whether you are healthy or not.

This basically means that either LT didn't want to play or there was something seriously wrong with him.
Or, they have more faith in Turner than they do in Volek or Raynor.
__________________
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:40 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,438
Reputation: 1827586
CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Really this and Rivers just makes you wonder what is really wrong with LT.

I mean clearly the medical staff have no regard for the players long term health, or they wouldn't let them continue, the coaching staff likewise are not concerned whether you are healthy or not.

This basically means that either LT didn't want to play or there was something seriously wrong with him.
You can throw the ball and kick it on those injuries, although admittedly it takes an iron man effort.

It is impossible to burst, cut, and juke on a busted knee for a running back. That's all this is. LT has never missed a game due to injury before, if he could have played, he would have.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.