Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 01-30-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.
Default Are "Scrambling" QBS a long term option in the NFL

A friend of mine and I argue all the time about Scrambling QB's I used to love them but Im starting to see his point. I think Mobile Qbs are more likely to succeed in the NFL then true scrambling ones.
Evidence
McNabb
Culpepper
McNair
Vick
Stewart
Cunningham
Young
Elway

Young Elway Mcnair and Cunningham all learned to convert to more Mobile qbs they ran alot less down field and more side to side looking down field.

All of the others got hurt alot hurt their teams by doing so. Because few teams have depth at scrambling qb's

Im begining to believe that until a qb comes out who is built like Culpepper runs like vick makes descions like young and has brett farves toughness there will never truly be a great scrambling QB.

The only way I see this happeneing is if some one takes Tebow designs a offense based on his skills and finds a suitable backup who again is able to display the same skill sets as teebow. that maybe the only way we ever see a Scrambling QB Have a healthy fruitful career in the NFL. And with the NFL being a copy Cat league I just dont know if this will ever happen?
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego View Post
A friend of mine and I argue all the time about Scrambling QB's I used to love them but Im starting to see his point. I think Mobile Qbs are more likely to succeed in the NFL then true scrambling ones.
Evidence
McNabb
Culpepper
McNair
Vick
Stewart
Cunningham
Young
Elway

Young Elway Mcnair and Cunningham all learned to convert to more Mobile qbs they ran alot less down field and more side to side looking down field.

All of the others got hurt alot hurt their teams by doing so. Because few teams have depth at scrambling qb's

Im begining to believe that until a qb comes out who is built like Culpepper runs like vick makes descions like young and has brett farves toughness there will never truly be a great scrambling QB.

The only way I see this happeneing is if some one takes Tebow designs a offense based on his skills and finds a suitable backup who again is able to display the same skill sets as teebow. that maybe the only way we ever see a Scrambling QB Have a healthy fruitful career in the NFL. And with the NFL being a copy Cat league I just dont know if this will ever happen?
It depends on what you mean by long term. 7-8 years? I think so. 10-15 years? Probably not.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Either way it doesnt matter to me, I would take a pocket passer over them any day. But yes, I think as a QB moving laterally is more important than moving vertically.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

would have to agree with billingsley here i would take a pocket passer anycday of a scrambler... to much can go wrong with a scrambler fumbles and injuries. They tend to make worse decisions too always having to think on the run.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote