Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 02-01-2008, 11:00 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Mind boggling

I don't understand why Scott is so sold that the Falcons are the dumbest organization in all of the NFL...but this draft would not make me happy. I mean I like Forte, but not in round 2, I like Baker, that's a very fine pick...but to pass on Jake Long and Ellis just seems STUPID at this point.

I don't think that Forte is better than Wheeler by any means, even though Forte is a great back for the Falcons system.

Our draft would be so much better with

1.) Ellis
2.) Baker
2b.) Wheeler

That would make our team much better than the current

1.) Ryan
2.) Baker
2b.) Forte

I believe that Forte will be there in the middle of round 3-early round 4.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Depends somewhat on how well Forte runs in the combine...

But otherwise, the picks aren't mind-boggling. You can argue the QB point all you want, but picking Ryan is certainly a possibility. If that happens, then Baker is a very good pick, and Forte is certainly a possibility if he runs a 4.50 dash. His stock will be rising after the Senior Bowl, and he's significantly more powerful than any of the other second tier RBs. Still, at the moment, I agree that he'd probably be available at the top of the 3rd.

My ideal, with the options we have at those picks, would be:

1. Long - LT
2a. Nicks - RG/RT, potential swap with Long if necessary longterm
2b. Henne
3. Forte
or

1. Ellis
2a. Baker
2b. Henne
3. Forte
Old 02-01-2008, 11:29 AM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really like the mock from Walterfootball.com

1)McFadden
2)Andre Woodson
3)Red Bryant
4)Heath Benedict

not the players I would want but they give us good value with our picks.
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Baker's a very overrated left tackle IMO. He plays soft, and if you really look at game film, it seems like he's very light-weight in the trenches.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
flrybranch
Rookie

flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.

Geez, I quit reading before the Forte pick.....

I knew Scott couldn't get over his Atl/Ryan fetish, but to give us an overated bust to be Baker with a high 2nd, I almost threw up.

If this turns out to be true my ST money will go to golf.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I dont like the Ryan pick (especially with guys like McFadden, Long, and Ellis on the board) you guys do realize what the chances of us drafting him are, right?

As much as we wont like it, the chances he gets picked by us is ridiculously high.

I just dont like the fact that you guys are constantly complaining about this stuff. Just deal with the fact that we could draft him.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Matt Forte' runs a 4.50 I will be his biggest fan. He can pass block, catch, and run hard. Would be an amazing complement for the speedy change of pace back Jerious Norwood, who is a bad blocker. Who is best used as a change of pace back in my opinion.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
As much as I dont like the Ryan pick (especially with guys like McFadden, Long, and Ellis on the board) you guys do realize what the chances of us drafting him are, right?

As much as we wont like it, the chances he gets picked by us is ridiculously high.

I just dont like the fact that you guys are constantly complaining about this stuff. Just deal with the fact that we could draft him.

I think I'm entitled to be upset if I think my team is setting the franchise back 5 or so years.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being upset is fine. I would be upset if we drafted him.

I think its stupid to be oblivious to the fact that the chance of drafting Ryan is huge and that the HC and GM definitely have this in mind.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 02-02-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's more likely for us to get Brohm than Ryan. I personally believe Dimitroff will trade down.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Alot of teams want to trade down. Its about finding the team that want to trade up. I dont know who would in this draft...

Old 02-02-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Alot of teams want to trade down. Its about finding the team that want to trade up. I dont know who would in this draft...

Depends on where we pick. I could definately see someone falling in love with DMac.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Yeah I guess. The 2 guys I would trade up for are McFadden and Dorsey (if he fit the scheme I was running).

I could see Dallas trading up with us if we are at 5 and Oakland passed up on McFadden. I would want like all their 1st 3 picks and maybe more for that huge of a trade up.