Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Why always the NFC East? Why? Its like great WRs have a hard on to come to the NFC East. Just another guy to worry about.

Some Giant fans would hate me for this, but Id trade Plax for Fitz.
Not if we're paying him $32 million for two years. Not in a heartbeat.

I wonder what it would take to get him here with Plax not goin anywhere...

Imagine trading Kiwanuka and a pick for him and signing him to a 6-7 year deal that decreases those absurd cap numbers. Fitz-Plax-Shockey...

Eh probably too much money wrapped up in the offense, sounds like a Mdeen-like dream.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk View Post
i would be overly happy if this ever happened
It's the Eagles franchise: it won't.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:37 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

$20 million to use the franchise tag on a WR in 2010.

Holy ****.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Sadly, you are correct. They'll take that 20 million and spend it on a stud like Jevon Kearse or Darren Howard, or they just won't spend it at all because you always have to save $20 million for a rainy day.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:11 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a huge Fitz fan. I think he's a top 3 or top 5 WR in the league. I'd love to see McNabb get someone like him.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:19 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fitz would instantly make them Super Bowl contenders next season. McNabbs done well without a true #1 receiver for most of his career that if they were to land him that would solve half of the Eagles problems right there. In fact the only time hes ever had a weapon of Fitzs calibur he went to his lone Super Bowl.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
a man can dream

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the Eagles would have to give up an insane amount, something like this year's 1st and 2nd and next years 1st, but could they even afford the 14 mil cap hit? or is this all just speculation that Fitz will take a huge pay cut

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im a big Fitz fan myself, but don't you think we're overreacting to how good he is? There are a lot of WRs in this league that have proved a hell of a lot more than Fitz has. In fact, Boldin, his own teammate has outperformed him.

I think too often we let our bias from the combine, and college accomplishments stand in the way and blur what one's true worth is at the NFL level. Fitz is a great WR, but he hasn't done anything for me to believe that he's a top 5 WR in this league.

Can he get to that point? Sure he can. But he's definately not there yet. You gotta prove it first. He hasn't proved anything yet.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im a big Fitz fan myself, but don't you think we're overreacting to how good he is? There are a lot of WRs in this league that have proved a hell of a lot more than Fitz has. In fact, Boldin, his own teammate has outperformed him.

I think too often we let our bias from the combine, and college accomplishments stand in the way and blur what one's true worth is at the NFL level. Fitz is a great WR, but he hasn't done anything for me to believe that he's a top 5 WR in this league.

Can he get to that point? Sure he can. But he's definately not there yet. You gotta prove it first. He hasn't proved anything yet.

I just love his pedigree and work ethic, you pretty much knew he would be great before he got to the NFL...He uses his size to his advantage and has great ball skills and hands...He's not the fastest, but he is very consistent and is a guy that can put up 1300 yds and 8 tds no problems

besides that he's young too, and I just dont think the Cardinals can afford to keep both Boldin and Fitz, and for some reason I feel like if they choose they keep Boldin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best situation for Larry Fitzgerald would be to give him about a 3 year extension (so lock him up for 5 years), turn a lot of the base salary into signing bonus (total of between $20 and $30 million) and base salaries between 2-4 million. Whether that's in Arizona that it happens or when/if someone trades for him.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I mostly agree, but what he has accomplished by age 24 is at the very least immensly promising. If I were picking wide receivers for a team, he may very well be in the top 5 receivers (although his salary may be more than a bit out of control).
Old 02-03-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
DraftKidWonder
Rookie

DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I'd hate to see him get traded period but to the Eagles?! The Eagles can shove it. He needs to stay in Arizona or go to Green Bay!
DraftKidWonder is offline   Reply With Quote