Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 01-26-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Didn't you just say he had Braylon Edwards in Cle?
Edwards as a Rookie, Kevin Johnson. those were his only 2 talented guys in Cleveland. a Rookie is not gonna produce. especially at WR.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
Edwards as a Rookie, Kevin Johnson. those were his only 2 talented guys in Cleveland. a Rookie is not gonna produce. especially at WR.
You said he brought Edwards production up from 30 something catches to 60 something catches. So which one is it, he can not be a rookie and have improved NFL stats. I believe he was there two years, so one year he had Braylon Edwards in year two. He then got fired for a reason.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Hamilton is a great D-Line coach. Hopefully he can work wonders with Jamaal Anderson.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. I would have loved him as defensive coordinator, seeing how Mike Smith will have heavy involvement anyway. He would have been eased in. If Brian Van Gorder leaves in a few years I could see Hamilton being the heir apparent.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's official now. Hamilton's our new defensive line coach. I'm loving that hire.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Ray Hamilton is a great D-Line coach. Hopefully he can work wonders with Jamaal Anderson.

And keep Abe as an active force.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hamilton is a great addition but i really dont like the robiskie hire. he was a WR coach in MIA and i was excited cause i thought he might have coached wes welker but he was only there for the 2007 season where the fins were 24th in receiving yards. prior to that he was the browns WR coach and OC for a year. his credentials are pretty horrible.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
You said he brought Edwards production up from 30 something catches to 60 something catches. So which one is it, he can not be a rookie and have improved NFL stats. I believe he was there two years, so one year he had Braylon Edwards in year two. He then got fired for a reason.
he got fired cause he butted heads with Chudzinski.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 01-27-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I agree. I would have loved him as defensive coordinator, seeing how Mike Smith will have heavy involvement anyway. He would have been eased in. If Brian Van Gorder leaves in a few years I could see Hamilton being the heir apparent.
I disagree with this. For one reason... I think Emmitt Thomas would take over... if only we would have waited we could have Gregg Williams for DC.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 01-27-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
hamilton is a great addition but i really dont like the robiskie hire. he was a WR coach in MIA and i was excited cause i thought he might have coached wes welker but he was only there for the 2007 season where the fins were 24th in receiving yards. prior to that he was the browns WR coach and OC for a year. his credentials are pretty horrible.
OC of a super bowl winning team is horrible credentials?

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 01-27-2008, 09:26 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Yeah, but who was he supposed to coach in MIA this year? Welker and Chambers both were gone...was Ginn supposed to be Offensive Rookie of the Year? No, he was a 1 trick pony WR who was a good return man. I'm not holding a pathetic Miami team against him.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
OC of a super bowl winning team is horrible credentials?
he was the special teams coordinator of the rams when they won the superbowl. and that was before laurant robinson was even born.

bad credentials.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
he was the special teams coordinator of the rams when they won the superbowl. and that was before laurant robinson was even born.

bad credentials.
EDIT: actually he was RB's coach. but at the same time he was OC of 3 different teams... so it's not like he has bad credentials. Bad credentials for a WR coach would be George Stewart.

Owner of ScarDraft

Last edited by scar988 : 01-27-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I just finished watching the press conference, i had been away from my PC for a few days. When i heard it was Mike Smith i was dissapointed, he was simply, going on face value, the least exciting of all the canditates. But after watching the Press Conference, im very impressed with the guy, i genuinly like him, I love how he has personally gone and visited some of the players, and that he had repeaditly preached, that he wont be fitting 'square pegs into round holes'.

The OC is someone i dont mind, dispite his shotty record i like what he tries to do. Its very similiar to Petrino IMO, and i had faith in Petrino's offensive philosophy, you could tell that with time it would be effective and fun to watch. If he is from PITT, he should be about the O Line which i love, he should like power running when running is required and vertical passing when we need to pass. I really get bored with the WCO.

As for the DC, im not to sure, i really hate unpredictable, disloyal college guys now dispite weather i think their scheme works or not. Anyway this Mike Smith guy seems very football savvy, AND charasmatic, i think he and Thomas know what they are doing on the DC front.

Also for all you guys, Smith has repeaditly stated he will focus on what everyone does well, therefore, it is just stupid to say "oh my god this guy sucks because he is going to make Chris Houston play zone". It just wont happen,You will be looking at an Offense and a Defense taylor made to our stengths.

My two drafts as of today depending on the coin flip
(#3)
1st Jake Long
2nd Pat Simms
2nd Joe Flacco
3rd Kevin Smith
4th Barry Richardson

(#5)
1st Sedrick Ellis
2nd Carl Nicks
2nd Joe Flacco
3rd Kevin Smith
4th Barry Richardson.

note: i very much expect us to persue Corey Williams or Albert Haynesworth in FA. Michael Turner would be a possibility too. I bet one of the top 3-4 needs are adressed in FA before the draft and we will therefore take subsequent players higher, such as the 2nd OT. At Qb Flacco is my guy.

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 01-27-2008 at 06:49 PM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Being realistic do you guys think that the Titans will let Albert Haynesworth try F/A? If im them Im trying everything to lock this guy up I just dont think he will be available.
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

They have more cap space than almost any other team. He is not going anywhere.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I do not like Flacco...
Old 01-27-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I do not like Flacco...
Me neither. Never been too impressed, I think a lot of people like him from what they hear but have not watched him play. I see a big arm, size, and mobility but his accuracy and awareness are not too good. He did not impress me in the division 1-AA playoffs and not in the Senior Bowl practices or game either.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconsrule View Post
Being realistic do you guys think that the Titans will let Albert Haynesworth try F/A? If im them Im trying everything to lock this guy up I just dont think he will be available.

I'd be beyond shocked if Albert leaves. The Titans can offer him just about anything.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

you know what I like about this Mike Smith staff. every time they try and talk scheme with them, they say, we'll scheme for the talents of the players. meaning as long as the player has talent we will bring them in. it means that even though we wanna go power run we coudl have Norwood as our main back and accomplish that.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 02-03-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So while watching the Superbowl, I really wish we had gotten Spags.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

the giants had such a great draft.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
So while watching the Superbowl, I really wish we had gotten Spags.

Yeah, great decision there Falcons.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

You can't possibly be hating on our coach who hasn't had a shot...who says that he's not better? Who says he can't make this franchise exactly what we all dreamed about.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
You can't possibly be hating on our coach who hasn't had a shot...who says that he's not better? Who says he can't make this franchise exactly what we all dreamed about.

Blank preached about waiting. He didn't even interview Spags who obviously coached his team much better against the Patriots. Two times now.