Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-23-2006, 01:51 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
It's not fudging Duke hating yoda, jesus. It's the friggin facts. The only reason they're in the top 10 is because they're Duke.

You don't lose 2 All-ACC players to lottery picks, along with another good senior in Dockery and remain in the top 15 unless you've got the name. And that's what Duke has, is it's name. Put Illinois in the same situation, which they were this season and we'd be ranked 40th, which we were.

There's no debate here.
How about NC last year? Lose 3 lottery picks, get a 3 seed? Come on sweetness, you are reaching
Huh? I'm not reaching here. I just gave you two examples. Illinois loses 2 very good players and fall to 40th. Duke loses 3 players and stays top 15. How the *********** is that reaching?

IT DOES NOT HAPPEN UNLESS YOU'VE GOT THE NAME.
Name comes with perennial success, which comes from perennially good amounts of talent and coaching, which might just play a part in how good people think a team is/will be
Duke recruiting>Illinois recruiting.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:52 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's not fudging Duke hating yoda, jesus. It's the friggin facts. The only reason they're in the top 10 is because they're Duke.

You don't lose 2 All-ACC players to lottery picks, along with another good senior in Dockery and remain in the top 15 unless you've got the name. And that's what Duke has, is it's name. Put Illinois in the same situation, which they were this season and we'd be ranked 40th, which we were.

There's no debate here.
How about NC last year? Lose 3 lottery picks, get a 3 seed? Come on sweetness, you are reaching
Huh? I'm not reaching here. I just gave you two examples. Illinois loses 2 very good players and fall to 40th. Duke loses 3 players and stays top 15. How the *********** is that reaching?

It is called recruiting.....
Explicitive removed.:D You guys did not get enough to replace those guys. Scheyer is a good player, as is Henderson but they do not replace Redick, Williams, and Dockery.

Here you go...

Frazier - Paulus: I'd take Frazier all day on this one. Greg is sooo overrated. Chet is our teams heartbeat and pretty much willed our guys to victory against Missouri.

McBride - Nelson: Nelson all day, he's a good player and McBride is struggling.

Randle - Scheyer: Randle all day, All-Big 10 Talent right now, and still isn't healthy. Scheyer will be darn good, but not right now.

Carter - McRoberts: Right now, Carter is playing at an All-Big 10 level, and if you've watched us this season you'd realize that he's been our MVP. I'll take Carter.

Pruitt - ????: Toss up. Pruitt's been a little inconsistent this season and I'll give the Dookies the benefit of the doubt here.

Bench: Illinois > Duke

Brock, Smith, Meacham, Carlwell, and Arnold (used to be Semrau as well) > Duke's Bench.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:52 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sweetness, u know i like you, but dude this is painful to read. it doesn't matter once randle, smith, and carter get healthy. You are not that great of a team, i guarantee taht Illinois loses at least 8 conference games
I'd agree with that but they only have OSU and UW once each.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:53 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There's no debate here.

Name comes with perennial success, which comes from perennially good amounts of talent and coaching, which might just play a part in how good people think a team is/will be
Duke recruiting>Illinois recruiting.
That it most definitely is
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:54 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There's no debate here.

It is called recruiting.....
*********** yoda, bull *********** ***********. You guys did not get enough to replace those guys. Scheyer is a good player, as is Henderson but they do not replace Redick, Williams, and Dockery.

Here you go...

Frazier - Paulus: I'd take Frazier all day on this one. Greg is sooo overrated. Chet is our teams heartbeat and pretty much willed our guys to victory against Missouri.

McBride - Nelson: Nelson all day, he's a good player and McBride is struggling.

Randle - Scheyer: Randle all day, All-Big 10 Talent right now, and still isn't healthy. Scheyer will be darn good, but not right now.

Carter - McRoberts: Right now, Carter is playing at an All-Big 10 level, and if you've watched us this season you'd realize that he's been our MVP. I'll take Carter.

Pruitt - ????: Toss up. Pruitt's been a little inconsistent this season and I'll give the Dookies the benefit of the doubt here.

Bench: Illinois > Duke

Brock, Smith, Meacham, Carlwell, and Arnold (used to be Semrau as well) > Duke's Bench.
**** Sweetness. Both of us will lose in the round of 32, if Illinois gets past round 1. And we didn't do a good job cuz we couldn't find a Williams and Reddick...... :roll:
Old 12-23-2006, 01:55 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok then Illinois is a top 20 team. Here I'll name 20 teams that are better than Duke IMO.

Wisky
OSU
Florida
Kansas
Alabama
Marquette
UNC
Georgia Tech
UCONN
LSU
Witchita State
Arizona
Maryland
Memphis
Texas A & M
Pittsburgh
UCLA
Memphis
Washington
Illinois
your reachin for the ones in bold, and u listed memphis twice.

it must have been a long day
How am I reaching on Illinois? How, seriously. We've lost 2 games due IMO to injuries and just bad luck. Duke has lost 1 game with a full squad.

Paulus and McRoberts are waaaay to inconsistent for my liking. You can't count on either one to play well every game. Nelson has been their consistent player this season but other than that, I just don't see it. Scheyer is a freshman who won't be able to carry the load. And they don't have a lot of depth. The lack a real inside presence as well. The jury is still out on Josh.

Illinois has battled injuries and bad luck all non-conference. Yet we've almost knocked off two ranked teams in Maryland and Arizona, two games that we should have won. We just beat a good Missouri team on Monday, and again our squad was not completely healthy. Warren Carter has played like an All-Big 10 player so far. Shaun Pruitt is slowly emerging as a low post threat. Chester Frazier has been very good, I thin he's top 10 in assists nationally. Jamar is a great offensive weapon off the bench. Brian Randle is an All-Big 10 caliber player when he's healthy, and he's shown signs of an outside shot already. Calvin Brock has been awesome so far, giving us a true 6th man off the bench. If Rich McBride can give us ANY production what so ever, we are going to be damn good. He's really struggled so far but I think he can put it together.

Trent Meacham gives us a solid PG off the bench and Marcus Arnold gives us decent minutes at the forward postion. One of our better freshman Semrau is gone for the season with a viral infection, he'll be really missed.

I will argue that Illinois is better team than Duke right here right now. We've IMO a tougher schedule so far this season and only have one more loss, not to mention the injuries. Maryland, Arizona, and Missouri against Marquette, Georgetown, and Gonazaga. I'd take the latter if I was making a schedule.

Btw how am I reaching on Marquette, they beat Duke by what was it 13?
Aight i watch every illinois game, and dude they are gonna be in trouble once they enter big ten play. They nearly gave away that Mizzouri game. I'd say OSU, Wisconsin, MSU, and MICHIGAN can beat you in the big ten.

Also Marquette got lucky, they are not good at all.
Dude the Missouri game is always close, it was even close 2 years ago when we went to the Final 4. Not sure what you're argument is there.

Yoda, we have yet to field a full and healthy team, you cannot judge us based on our wins and losses right now. Randle, Smith, Carter, Pruitt, and Frazier are all banged up.

Butler beat Gonzaga by more than you did and they're what 14th? And Zaga was playing better then.
Dude i'm sayin that was some awfully poor management late, if you do that against OSU, Wisky, MSU, or Michigan, you'll lose. Believe me i have seen Illinois play so i'm not blowin smoke
Ugh, do you people not realize that we are not healthy yet? Seriously, it's like beating a dead horse here. For christs sake *********** a. Go and watch the first half of the Arizona game, that's how good we can be, and again without 2 of our best players. We hung in there with a top 10 team in Arizona for 40 minutes withotu Randle and Smith.

Btw, and I'll say this again, THE 2004 TEAM BEAT MISSOURI BY SINGLE DIGITS AND WENT ON TO THE NATIONAL TITLE GAME. The game is always close. I'm going to use tt's argument, sure it was close, but we didn't lose. :roll:
Sounds like some1 is contradicting himself.

Sweetness=
I was being a dick yoda on that last line, sorry for the lack of sarcasm.

Ok guys, let's settle this thread down a little bit.

My point is that....

A) Duke lost waaaay to much to be in the top 15 in preseason

B) They are no where near a top 10 team, hell no even top 15 in my book

C) I'll give you top 20, but that's for sympathy. :P

D) You should have dropped out of the top 20 when you lost to Marquette

E) You don't have enough bench

F) You don't have enough offense

G) You're way to inexperienced and inconsistent, especially your big guys

Those are enough reasons to why you are not a top 10 or a top 15 team in my book.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:56 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok then Illinois is a top 20 team. Here I'll name 20 teams that are better than Duke IMO.

Wisky
OSU
Florida
Kansas
Alabama
Marquette
UNC
Georgia Tech
UCONN
LSU
Witchita State
Arizona
Maryland
Memphis
Texas A & M
Pittsburgh
UCLA
Memphis
Washington
Illinois
your reachin for the ones in bold, and u listed memphis twice.

it must have been a long day
How am I reaching on Illinois? How, seriously. We've lost 2 games due IMO to injuries and just bad luck. Duke has lost 1 game with a full squad.

Paulus and McRoberts are waaaay to inconsistent for my liking. You can't count on either one to play well every game. Nelson has been their consistent player this season but other than that, I just don't see it. Scheyer is a freshman who won't be able to carry the load. And they don't have a lot of depth. The lack a real inside presence as well. The jury is still out on Josh.

Illinois has battled injuries and bad luck all non-conference. Yet we've almost knocked off two ranked teams in Maryland and Arizona, two games that we should have won. We just beat a good Missouri team on Monday, and again our squad was not completely healthy. Warren Carter has played like an All-Big 10 player so far. Shaun Pruitt is slowly emerging as a low post threat. Chester Frazier has been very good, I thin he's top 10 in assists nationally. Jamar is a great offensive weapon off the bench. Brian Randle is an All-Big 10 caliber player when he's healthy, and he's shown signs of an outside shot already. Calvin Brock has been awesome so far, giving us a true 6th man off the bench. If Rich McBride can give us ANY production what so ever, we are going to be damn good. He's really struggled so far but I think he can put it together.

Trent Meacham gives us a solid PG off the bench and Marcus Arnold gives us decent minutes at the forward postion. One of our better freshman Semrau is gone for the season with a viral infection, he'll be really missed.

I will argue that Illinois is better team than Duke right here right now. We've IMO a tougher schedule so far this season and only have one more loss, not to mention the injuries. Maryland, Arizona, and Missouri against Marquette, Georgetown, and Gonazaga. I'd take the latter if I was making a schedule.

Btw how am I reaching on Marquette, they beat Duke by what was it 13?
Aight i watch every illinois game, and dude they are gonna be in trouble once they enter big ten play. They nearly gave away that Mizzouri game. I'd say OSU, Wisconsin, MSU, and MICHIGAN can beat you in the big ten.

Also Marquette got lucky, they are not good at all.
Dude the Missouri game is always close, it was even close 2 years ago when we went to the Final 4. Not sure what you're argument is there.

Yoda, we have yet to field a full and healthy team, you cannot judge us based on our wins and losses right now. Randle, Smith, Carter, Pruitt, and Frazier are all banged up.

Butler beat Gonzaga by more than you did and they're what 14th? And Zaga was playing better then.
Dude i'm sayin that was some awfully poor management late, if you do that against OSU, Wisky, MSU, or Michigan, you'll lose. Believe me i have seen Illinois play so i'm not blowin smoke
Ugh, do you people not realize that we are not healthy yet? Seriously, it's like beating a dead horse here. For christs sake *********** a. Go and watch the first half of the Arizona game, that's how good we can be, and again without 2 of our best players. We hung in there with a top 10 team in Arizona for 40 minutes withotu Randle and Smith.

Btw, and I'll say this again, THE 2004 TEAM BEAT MISSOURI BY SINGLE DIGITS AND WENT ON TO THE NATIONAL TITLE GAME. The game is always close. I'm going to use tt's argument, sure it was close, but we didn't lose. :roll:
Sounds like some1 is contradicting himself.

Sweetness=
I was being a dick yoda on that last line, sorry for the lack of sarcasm.

Ok guys, let's settle this thread down a little bit.

My point is that....

A) Duke lost waaaay to much to be in the top 15 in preseason

B) They are no where near a top 10 team, hell no even top 15 in my book

C) I'll give you top 20, but that's for sympathy. :P

D) You should have dropped out of the top 20 when you lost to Marquette

E) You don't have enough bench

F) You don't have enough offense

G) You're way to inexperienced and inconsistent, especially your big guys

Those are enough reasons to why you are not a top 10 or a top 15 team in my book.
Whatever :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 12-23-2006, 01:57 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Sweetness, u know i like you, but dude this is painful to read. it doesn't matter once randle, smith, and carter get healthy. You are not that great of a team, i guarantee taht Illinois loses at least 8 conference games
No way in hell we lose 8 conference games. danman I just don't know what to say to you right now about that. We're the 3rd best team in this coference, period.

Quote:
Old 12-23-2006, 01:58 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Here I'll list them:

@Michigan
OSU
@MSU
@Minnesota
Wisconsin
MSU
Michigan
@Iowa
Old 12-23-2006, 01:58 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No way in hell we lose 8 conference games. danman I just don't know what to say to you right now about that. We're the 3rd best team in this coference, period.
3rd yeah, I could see 4-6 confernce games lost though. If you played them both twice it could be 8.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:59 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You're 5th best.

OSU, Wisconsin, MSU, and Michigan all our better than you. Michian is highly underrated and could easily be unbeaten right now
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here I'll list them:

@Michigan
OSU
@MSU
@Minnesota
Wisconsin
MSU
Michigan
@Iowa
No way they are gonna lose to Minnesota, no ones that horrible. Minnesota lost to a division 2 school in an exhibition game at the Barn.
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here I'll list them:

@Michigan
OSU
@MSU
@Minnesota
Wisconsin
MSU
Michigan
@Iowa
I did the same thing except I had them beating Iowa and Michigan once, and an Idiana instead of Minnesota.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:01 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here I'll list them:

@Michigan
OSU
@MSU
@Minnesota
Wisconsin
MSU
Michigan
@Iowa
No way they are gonna lose to Minnesota, no ones that horrible.
upsets happen. I almost put in Penn State, but then i remebered they haven't has a winning season since Bush sr. was in the white house
Old 12-23-2006, 02:02 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

No offense but Duke didn't have that great of a class this season, especially with the losses of Redick, Williams, and Dockery. Not enough to keep you in the top 15.

Henderson and Scheyer are both good recruits, but they don't touch what Ohio State and UNC did, not even close.

You guys had waaaay to many question marks coming in to be ranked that high. Paulus struggled last season and McRoberts even though he showed some promise he hadn't shown enough yet. Nelson to was a question mark.

We lose our 2 best guys and all the sudden fall to #40, despite returning 3 of 5 starters, one in which was an All Big 10 Freshman Performer, and the other was on the Naismith Player of the Year watch list. Pruitt was highly regarded by a lot of the Big 10 as a potential breakout player and from what I've read everyone loved Frazier. Yet we fall to #40? :shock:

Duke got knocked out of the Sweet 16 last year, they lose their 3 best players and somehow find their way back into the top 15. Like I've said before, their recruiting was not big enough and their losses were too large for them to be ranked that high besides their name.

Duke loses more than us yet they're ranked 25 places higher? :shock:

Quote:
Old 12-23-2006, 02:04 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
No offense but Duke didn't have that great of a class this season, especially with the losses of Redick, Williams, and Dockery. Not enough to keep you in the top 15.

Henderson and Scheyer are both good recruits, but they don't touch what Ohio State and UNC did, not even close.

You guys had waaaay to many question marks coming in to be ranked that high. Paulus struggled last season and McRoberts even though he showed some promise he hadn't shown enough yet. Nelson to was a question mark.

We lose our 2 best guys and all the sudden fall to #40, despite returning 3 of 5 starters, one in which was an All Big 10 Freshman Performer, and the other was on the Naismith Player of the Year watch list. Pruitt was highly regarded by a lot of the Big 10 as a potential breakout player and from what I've read everyone loved Frazier. Yet we fall to #40? :shock:

Duke got knocked out of the Sweet 16 last year, they lose their 3 best players and somehow find their way back into the top 15. Like I've said before, their recruiting was not big enough and their losses were too large for them to be ranked that high besides their name.

Duke loses more than us yet they're ranked 25 places higher? :shock:
I'd agree with that. I prolly woulda had us around #20. But I don't vote.... I mean when u do lose ur 2 best players, u can't be a top 10 team.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:04 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here I'll list them:

@Michigan
OSU
@MSU
@Minnesota
Wisconsin
MSU
Michigan
@Iowa
Have you seen Minnesota and Iowa this season danman?

Also Morgan might be out for MSU, and they aren't very good without him. I think we'll lose about 4-6 games in conference. But both Minnesota and Iowa are TERRIBLE!

Quote:
Old 12-23-2006, 02:05 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here I'll list them:

@Michigan
OSU
@MSU
@Minnesota
Wisconsin
MSU
Michigan
@Iowa

Also Morgan might be out for MSU, and they aren't very good without him. I think we'll lose about 4-6 games in conference. But both Minnesota and Iowa are TERRIBLE!

ok, we'll see what happens.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:06 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You're 5th best.

OSU, Wisconsin, MSU, and Michigan all our better than you. Michian is highly underrated and could easily be unbeaten right now
5th is laughable dude. MSU and Michigan are not better than us. Take the homer shades off bud. I do think though that we'll lose at Ann Arbor.

Quote:
Old 12-23-2006, 02:06 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here I'll list them:

@Michigan
OSU
@MSU
@Minnesota
Wisconsin
MSU
Michigan
@Iowa

Minnesota especially. Watching them make my eyes bleed. At least he didn't say Northwestern....
Old 12-23-2006, 02:07 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here I'll list them:

@Michigan
OSU
@MSU
@Minnesota
Wisconsin
MSU
Michigan
@Iowa

We need to get healthy first dm, that's our first order of business. Btw, people keep bringing up the Missouri game.

IT'S ALWAYS A TIGHT GAME, RIVALRY GAMES ALWAYS ARE!

Btw, Missouri is a very underrated team IMO, they've got some shooters.

Quote:
Old 12-23-2006, 02:08 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You're 5th best.

5th is laughable dude. MSU and Michigan are not better than us. Take the homer shades off bud. I do think though that we'll lose at Ann Arbor.
Me taking homer shades off?

Anyway, Michigan will be a solid team this year. They should have beaten NC State. They were up big and then jsu twent cold, and they still could have come back. Courtney sims is solid in the middle and Harris is a SICK dunker, not to mention solid from 3 point land.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:09 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here I'll list them:

@Michigan
OSU
@MSU
@Minnesota
Wisconsin
MSU
Michigan
@Iowa

We need to get healthy first dm, that's our first order of business. Btw, people keep bringing up the Missouri game.

you beat missouri by like 30 last year
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 02:10 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here I'll list them:

@Michigan
OSU
@MSU
@Minnesota
Wisconsin
MSU
Michigan
@Iowa

you beat missouri by like 30 last year
Super Magee just owned Sweetness.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:12 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here I'll list them:

@Michigan
OSU
@MSU
@Minnesota
Wisconsin
MSU
Michigan
@Iowa

Minnesota especially. Watching them make my eyes bleed. At least he didn't say Northwestern....
No kidding, who almost lost to a Div. III team last week.

Btw, you know I still love you yoda, right? :D

I just think it's a bunch of BS that Duke is ranked so high. And again, their name has a lot to do with it. Sure they're 11-1, but they've also lost by double digits to a very inconsistent team in Marquette. Georgetown fell from 8th to being unranked I believe and the Zags have been in a free fall since their loss at Georgia.

I personally think Duke will finish about 3rd or 4th in the ACC. I don't think they're deep enough to finish higher. And that's my honest opinion, like it or not.

I think Illinois will finish 1st (haha jk they'll finish 3rd if we can stay healthy). Wisky and tOSU are the class of the Big 10, but I really wouldn't be surprised to see one of them finish outside the top 2.

And also, I do think we have the ability to knock off either Wisky or tOSU at home (check that do we play the Buckeyes at home? I thought we played them in Colombus). Anywho, Wisky has a tough time whenever they come to Champaign, that could be an upset.

Quote: