Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-03-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will never know.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I really dont think out defense was playing that well in the trenches, we could of outscored them, but Reeves and Roy would of still gotten picked on if we didnt get pressure...

And that Chad rumor is for the birds, and its too good to be true for that matter...we would have to give up more which is fine, but I doubt we have even talked to chad or about bringing him in..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

watching the Giants over the past few games and watching the Chargers all season makes me realize how average our defense is.

Sure we were ranked ok, and Wade loved to refer to the stats that were favorable to us, but our defense lacks pressure and gave up far too many points this season. They never even played a game that made me say "wow, they looked good today"

we would have lost tonight, just like we did earlier in the season. Reeves/Williams would have been abused all night.

Kevin Faulk would have owned us and our slow LB's too.

...Just another example of why I feel like our off season should revolve around defense.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
What makes you think Hamlin is gone just because people want him?? He was brought in one year to see how he fit and played, and he lived up to expectations and more...what reason does Jerry have to not pay him? He signed him for a reason, there is no point in signing him for just one year and seeing he played well then let him walk when were trying to get to the super bowl...
I think he is gone because

A) Flozell Adams gave up 3.5 sacks this year. The league leader only gave up 3. Since its a crap shoot on our team between Free and Mcquestin as to who his successor is, I would venture as far as to say neither have shown the ability to be a starter in this league yet and neither has shown that they are better than the other. To me, he needs to be resigned.

B) Marion Barber and Chris Canty are both important parts to this team. Jerry came out the other day and said that yes 100% we will resign Barber. His contract is going to be close to 30 mil over 5 years. There are a number of other positions in which we need to resign guys or find their replacements in FA. That also will cost money.

C) We have 2 first rounders, and unless we trade down, they will cost money.

D) I've heard nothing about us working with Hamlin on getting a deal done outside of the initial agreement that he would get paid well if he played well. However, I have heard about us working with Barber and Canty.

E) Why would he stay in Dallas? He's got no loyalty towards us. He may want to play for a contender, but that can be any number of teams. Maybe he doesn't care at all and just wants to get paid.

I just think everyone is too certain about us resigning him. I hope we do, and I think it's possible, but I just gave 5 reasons that work against him coming back to Dallas.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:05 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gregg Williams joining Cowboys staff?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.327af39.html

I have no idea what the hell we would do w/ him...he's a 4-3 guru...and although we do have some very nice 4-3 talent...there is virtually no chance we are moving to a 4-3. Very, very interesting. We should have no excuses w/ an all-star staff next season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-04-2008, 10:35 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Honestly guys if we were to switch places with the Giants, it wouldn't of been the same result. There pass rush was unbelievable and the secondary play was great. Those were keys to that win, and honestly I doubt our defense right now would have been up to that.
Yes, my thoughts exactly. As much as I hate continuing to put the majority of our high draft picks into defense, I don't see that we have a choice.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching the Giants get after Brady last night, we have got to get some inside pass rush. I don't know if that's getting a NT and moving Ratliff to DE, but we have to get better in that department.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...4&sportCat=nfl

This is Super Bowl-related, not Cowboy-related, but it gave me a good laugh.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Gregg Williams joining Cowboys staff?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.327af39.html

I have no idea what the hell we would do w/ him...he's a 4-3 guru...and although we do have some very nice 4-3 talent...there is virtually no chance we are moving to a 4-3. Very, very interesting. We should have no excuses w/ an all-star staff next season.
Weird. Very weird.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Weird. Very weird.
I don't find it weird at all...him and Wade have to be tight...they've coached at seemingly all the same places.

Quote:
Williams was an assistant coach for the University of Houston under former Redskins head coach, Jack Pardee. He later went on to become the Special Teams coach of the Houston Oilers under then defensive coordinator, Buddy Ryan. From 1994-1996, Williams was the linebackers coach for the Oilers.
from wiki

He is another guy who was tutored by Buddy Ryan, Wade's start to his defensive mind...don't think he is really 4-3 3-4 specified.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would be his job title if he even came here? And Id like to suspect he wont come cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the Capers and Williams rumors I'm starting to get the feeling that Stewart might not be our DC next year.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-04-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Wade said he's def staying so i dont know about that. Williams will probably be the LB coach.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-04-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Wade said he's def staying so i dont know about that. Williams will probably be the LB coach.
Well how would we offer Capers the DC job if Stewart was staying? Or do you mean just a different part of the staff?

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-04-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I heard Capers would probably be a consultant of some kind and Stewart would remain the top dog.

All i know for sure is Wade assured Stewart that he is staying.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-04-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I heard Capers would probably be a consultant of some kind and Stewart would reamin the top dog.
Reports said that we offered Capers the DC job and that he called Stewart to see if he was ok with it...since he brought him up in Houston...Stewart said he had a problem with it...Capers declined the offer.

The next day Jerry flew him in and had another talk...and offered him a consultant job on the side if he didn't want the DC job.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-04-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well yeah, that's what i was saying. Stewart isnt going anywhere (atleast according to Wade)...Williams will probably coach the LBs and Dom may or may not take the consultant job. I find it hard to believe that Dom would be our D. Coord. next season. If Jerry boots Stewart, he's just asking for more trouble.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-04-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Who is tied to stewart other than Wade...yes Capers but he isn't here yet...I find it hard to believe we would have both Capers and Stewart....

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-04-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Who is tied to stewart other than Wade...yes Capers but he isn't here yet...I find it hard to believe we would have both Capers and Stewart....
Well that's on Capers than because, Wade has told Stewart he is staying. Pretty much, it's work under Stewart or find a different job.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-04-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I wish we would can Stewart and bring in Capers. This team is built to make a super bowl push and we don't need a second year DC learning as he goes with our defense.

The offense revolves around T.O. and his window of opportunity isn't getting any bigger, the Defense is a few pieces away (rearranging the D-line in some fashion, adding a competent NB, Burnett over Ayodele) from being a good one.

Even if Stewart keeps the title of DC, I still think we need Capers behind the scenes because the Defense did it's job only 1 or 2 times all season.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I'm not sold Wade has any decision on Jerry calling the shots...I mean obviously he is a factor...but if Jerry wanted Capers as the DC...and Stewart was told to demote...do you really see Wade going into Jerry's office and saying that he wants Stewart as his DC and Jerry changing his mind? I just can't see it.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-04-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

JJ needs to let Wade call some shots and atleast keep one of his guys...Is JJ going to do this crap when Garrett is in charge? Wade deserves better than this...have some faith in your freaking coach Mr. Jones.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-04-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
JJ needs to let Wade call some shots and atleast keep one of his guys...Is JJ going to do this crap when Garrett is in charge? Wade deserves better than this...have some faith in your freaking coach Mr. Jones.
No I can't forsee him doing this when Garrett is in charge...he is surrounding him with top defensive coaching talent...with some ties...as long as our defensive coaching staff is strong I don't think we'll see anything similar to this with Jason....We all know Jerry is setting up the ship for Garrett to sail off with sooner than later.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-04-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
kingjames
Rookie

kingjames needs more cowbell.

I think the Cowboys are rivaling the Redskins for "most bizarre coaching staff changes" of 2008.

I know they lost all the BP guys but I am having trouble following the hiring logic beyond "I got a shiny new toy."

Just nuts, I'd be interested in a linear explanation.
kingjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjames View Post
I think the Cowboys are rivaling the Redskins for "most bizarre coaching staff changes" of 2008.

I know they lost all the BP guys but I am having trouble following the hiring logic beyond "I got a shiny new toy."

Just nuts, I'd be interested in a linear explanation.
What don't you understand? I don't see one guy that doesn't fit...and we simply addressed our openings with good talent with solid backgrounds(my opinion is to give our coaching staff experience for when Garrett steps in) What signings didn't make sense logically?

Designs by me
Quote: