Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-04-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
kingjames
Rookie

kingjames needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
What don't you understand? I don't see one guy that doesn't fit...and we simply addressed our openings with good talent with solid backgrounds(my opinion is to give our coaching staff experience for when Garrett steps in) What signings didn't make sense logically?
Well, IMHO, Campo to start. DB Play in a 3-4 is different than the 4-3, particularly the role of the safeties.

Gregg Williams? The guy blew out of DC in a rage over not being HC and now he is being interviewed for Linebackers? But still -- you run a 3-4. What experience does he have with a 3-4 LB unit?

I get Capers for the 3-4 but Stewart stays instead? Really strange that choice IMHO. Grantham is fine I guess but the fact all of them did not do so hot in their last job should say something. You just went out and hired a bunch of guys recently fired and taking demotions to keep a paycheck coming in.

Fairly clear, WP is not driving his staff changes, JG is now paid as much as the HC, and Mr Jones seems in charge making random "shiney new toy" sequencing and decisions.

But hey, if that seems normal to you then god bless. You must be a big city boy because that sounds like organizational chaos to me. All seem like great individual talents but does not sound like much of a team that fits to me.

I am just looking for a reasoned story line. Nothing more. Thanks in advance for the lengthy response.
kingjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjames View Post
Well, IMHO, Campo to start. DB Play in a 3-4 is different than the 4-3, particularly the role of the safeties.

Gregg Williams? The guy blew out of DC in a rage over not being HC and now he is being interviewed for Linebackers? But still -- you run a 3-4. What experience does he have with a 3-4 LB unit?

I get Capers for the 3-4 but Stewart stays instead? Really strange that choice IMHO. Grantham is fine I guess but the fact all of them did not do so hot in their last job should say something. You just went out and hired a bunch of guys recently fired and taking demotions to keep a paycheck coming in.

Fairly clear, WP is not driving his staff changes, JG is now paid as much as the HC, and Mr Jones seems in charge making random "shiney new toy" sequencing and decisions.

But hey, if that seems normal to you then god bless. You must be a big city boy because that sounds like organizational chaos to me. All seem like great individual talents but does not sound like much of a team that fits to me.

I am just looking for a reasoned story line. Nothing more. Thanks in advance for the lengthy response.
I'm pretty sure that in one of the Campo press conferences we said we were confident in Campo being a good guy to have in here..because we run similar coverage schemes as he did when he was in dallas the first time...that to me makes sense.

Gregg Williams was off last year...but this year they were a top 10 defense I believe...and that defense didn't exactly have the talent we do on defense. You got to see a little of his 46 routes this year with the addition of Landry and when Taylor was alive..playing one safety that deep is classic 46...being thats how Wade runs his scheme similar too I think the pick would make sense. I would be pissed too if I was going to get the job if Gibbs was hired...only to find out that I didn't get the job after he was fired. I'm also not sure where your getting the reports that we brought him in to interview him for the LB job...I haven't heard anywhere what position on our team he was interviewed for...I find it hard to believe we would bring him in for the LB coach.

Your confused about Stewart getting the job over Capers I think is what your first sentance in that paragraph states....well I stated earlier that Capers turned the job down just because of his relationship with Stewart...so this wasn't JJ's decision it was Capers.

Big city boy...I live in ND hah

Bringing up the other story with you is always entertaining to say the least Rob.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Rivera went from being the DC of a tampa-2 team to the LB coach of a 34. But I haven't heard anything about the Chargers bringin up "new toys", probably because their GM is regarded as one of the best in the NFL.
It's the similar transition Williams would made, so...

The fact is that guys like Campo or Williams have coached for so many years so I don't see them having problems with a different scheme, they have the experience to succeed.
Not to forget that Wade defense even with a 34 front, is a variation of the 46.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:54 AM    (permalink
kingjames
Rookie

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that in one of the Campo press conferences we said we were confident in Campo being a good guy to have in here..because we run similar coverage schemes as he did when he was in dallas the first time...that to me makes sense.
Who is "we?" If you are running similar coverage then when Campo was first at Daqllas then maybe it explains some (SOME) of the problems in the secondary.

Quote:
Gregg Williams was off last year...but this year they were a top 10 defense I believe...and that defense didn't exactly have the talent we do on defense. You got to see a little of his 46 routes this year with the addition of Landry and when Taylor was alive..playing one safety that deep is classic 46...being thats how Wade runs his scheme similar too I think the pick would make sense. I would be pissed too if I was going to get the job if Gibbs was hired...only to find out that I didn't get the job after he was fired. I'm also not sure where your getting the reports that we brought him in to interview him for the LB job...I haven't heard anywhere what position on our team he was interviewed for...I find it hard to believe we would bring him in for the LB coach.
I read the Dallas Morning News. They stated LB. www.dallasnews.com

Quote:
Your confused about Stewart getting the job over Capers I think is what your first sentance in that paragraph states....well I stated earlier that Capers turned the job down just because of his relationship with Stewart...so this wasn't JJ's decision it was Capers.
A bit of word play there. If the Dallasnews is right, Stewart did not want to take a demotion and Capers stepped aside. Capers did an honorable thing and Jones did not fire a Wade Asst.

Quote:
Big city boy...I live in ND hah Bringing up the other story with you is always entertaining to say the least Rob.
Yah, sure. Thanks for the above. Peace.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:02 AM    (permalink
kingjames
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Rivera went from being the DC of a tampa-2 team to the LB coach of a 34. But I haven't heard anything about the Chargers bringin up "new toys", probably because their GM is regarded as one of the best in the NFL.
It's the similar transition Williams would made, so...

The fact is that guys like Campo or Williams have coached for so many years so I don't see them having problems with a different scheme, they have the experience to succeed.
Not to forget that Wade defense even with a 34 front, is a variation of the 46.
It is safe to assume the Charges made a mess of the coaching turnover last year. Not sure anyone would disagree with that ... Smith and Spanos Jr really messed that one up.

With respect to making transtions, sure we are all capable of adjusting and learning. Putting aside XOX concerns, the bigger issue with that type of staff is "who is in charge and what about the egos?"

Hell Rivera was let go b/c he was perceived as a "Me" guy. Williams has a reputation as a monumental ego. Capers totally does too -- in order to stay he pretty much demanded total control in Miami of the D last year with Cam Cameron.

The poential turbulence with WP and JG is apparent. I mean the Sportswriters are writing articles about Wade stepping aside and Jones trying to push him out gracefully this off season. www.dallasnews.com -- I am not making this up, take a read.

Seriously, this looks like a science experiment to me. Sometimes they generate great results and that is what fans hope for.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:44 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is safe to assume the Charges made a mess of the coaching turnover last year. Not sure anyone would disagree with that ... Smith and Spanos Jr really messed that one up.

With respect to making transtions, sure we are all capable of adjusting and learning. Putting aside XOX concerns, the bigger issue with that type of staff is "who is in charge and what about the egos?"

Hell Rivera was let go b/c he was perceived as a "Me" guy. Williams has a reputation as a monumental ego. Capers totally does too -- in order to stay he pretty much demanded total control in Miami of the D last year with Cam Cameron.

The poential turbulence with WP and JG is apparent. I mean the Sportswriters are writing articles about Wade stepping aside and Jones trying to push him out gracefully this off season. www.dallasnews.com -- I am not making this up, take a read.

Seriously, this looks like a science experiment to me. Sometimes they generate great results and that is what fans hope for.

why are you linking directly to the dallas morning news? It goes straight to the home page, I get the dallas morning news and I dont know what article your referring to, you could just quote the article your talkin about...The one about pushing Phillips out the door

And whats the big deal about Bill's guys, or getting rid of all Parcell's guys, are is guys the only coaches who can be sucessful? Lets not knock guys before they get here, maybe we are getting Garrett's guys in place, not a bad idea if we know he is the future...Wade probably knew all this stuff thats going on way ahead of time, he inherited a very talented team that runs the 3-4 so he was in a good situation to have this job and he could of been informed about Garret taking over at some point...

Alot of assistant coaches in the league would love to come here, we can replace good coaches with no problem, especially with how well paid most of them are with a good amount of talent on the team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Williams is now the Jags DC...so we don't have to worry about that debate anymore.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Greg Williams is now the Jags DC...so we don't have to worry about that debate anymore.
I thought it was very weird in the first place to even consider him. Our coaching staff is fine and will be fine no matter who the LB coach is next year. Capers is probably holding out for a better job. Maybe he'll end up being the DC for the Giants when Spags leaves. Crazier things have happened.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

The one problem I have with hiring all these former head coaches is that we aren't getting young guys with the energy and passion to drive our players. Like players, coaches can tire late in the season. I worry about that with some of these hires we're making.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

So its about a 99% sure thing spag's goes to the Skins? There is no other good explanation as to why they haven't made a hire or done anymore interviews.

But does Capers in NY make sense? Would he stick with the 4-3? A switch to the 3-4 would be hard for them with no NT and no place for Osi or Strahan. I'm pretty sure Kiwanuka already showed that he cannot play OLB.

Tuck and Alford could be 3-4 DE's, but how effective they would be is uncertain.

I still hope we get capers in here in some capacity and Im not sure if the NY DC vacancy has any play on that at all.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Redskins had interviews with Mariucci and Fassel...if Spags doesnt want it...Fassel is probably the back up plan.

If Spags goes...I doubt Capers would go to NY...doesnt make that much sense. They would probably stay in house.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-05-2008 at 03:00 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Redskins had interviews with Mariucci and Fassel...if Spags doesnt want it...Fassel is probably the back up plan.

If Spags goes...I doubt Capers would go to NY...doesnt make that much sense. They would probably stay in house.
.. or stay within the division again for a replacement
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
So its about a 99% sure thing spag's goes to the Skins? There is no other good explanation as to why they haven't made a hire or done anymore interviews.

But does Capers in NY make sense? Would he stick with the 4-3? A switch to the 3-4 would be hard for them with no NT and no place for Osi or Strahan. I'm pretty sure Kiwanuka already showed that he cannot play OLB.

Tuck and Alford could be 3-4 DE's, but how effective they would be is uncertain.

I still hope we get capers in here in some capacity and Im not sure if the NY DC vacancy has any play on that at all.
Having watched ESPN all day, the impression I get is that Spagnuolo won't take the Skins job because he won't get to choose his own coaches and feels like he needs more "seasoning" (that's according to John Clayton). He may be the best candidate, but it's no certain thing that he'll take the job.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
Having watched ESPN all day, the impression I get is that Spagnuolo won't take the Skins job because he won't get to choose his own coaches and feels like he needs more "seasoning" (that's according to John Clayton). He may be the best candidate, but it's no certain thing that he'll take the job.
A bit risky, that. He'll probably never be a hotter prospect than now. And one report I read said he was 48, so he's not that young anymore.

Of course, I want him to leave the Giants so that hopefully that D of theirs will fall apart. :)
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Interesting, I assumed he wanted the job and it was just up to the 'skins to sign him. I wasn't aware of him wanting more time.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:11 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase View Post
A bit risky, that. He'll probably never be a hotter prospect than now. And one report I read said he was 48, so he's not that young anymore.

Of course, I want him to leave the Giants so that hopefully that D of theirs will fall apart. :)
You could almost say the same thing about Garrett...but you're right about the age. On the other hand, I'd have to think that working for Daniel Snyder is the second worst head-coaching job in the league. He won't be able to pick his own coaches, his team will be 20 million over the salary cap, and he'll have to deal with Snyder's poor personnel choices and sketchy tactics. If he stays in New York, he'll have a great defense for a while, a group of guys who love him, and he'll get another chance to be a head coach later.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted Spags to get the Falcons job, that way he is out of the NFC east, if he takes the Skins job we still see him twice a year so no difference, hope he waits till next year then leaves out of the division

Quote:
Old 02-06-2008, 12:51 AM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is neither here or there, but I had a nightmare the other night where the Cowboys resigned Antonio Bryant.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:54 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell of a talent just a loser. He could have been great.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:48 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
yea Bryant was sick, won the biletnikoff award, and had all the talent in the world he was just ignorant and didnt like to listen...That really wasnt a bad draft pick, once he got his act together for like a half a season in san fran he showed how dominant he could be

What happened when he was here didnt he throw a jersey in Parcells face or something lol

Quote:
Old 02-06-2008, 10:14 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
yea Bryant was sick, won the biletnikoff award, and had all the talent in the world he was just ignorant and didnt like to listen...That really wasnt a bad draft pick, once he got his act together for like a half a season in san fran he showed how dominant he could be

What happened when he was here didnt he throw a jersey in Parcells face or something lol
Yeah, sweaty jersey in the face.

Bryant reminds me of the movie, "Bull Durham", where Kevin Costner's character says of Tim Robbins' character: "Meat, you have a million dollar arm, and a five cent head."
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
GDWTheSickness

Quote:
i remember his rookie year, we were down 13-0 w/ 4 mins left in the game, we scored a quick TD, then we were running out of time. We got the ball back w/ little time and Antonio Bryant made a sick game winning catch and landed on his head after jumping about 40 inches to catch it and we won. I thought he was gonna be the next great Cowboys wideout....man do i feel stupid in retrospect.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Hey guys, Im back. :)

But seriously, I was just thinking about something that made me like as our starter the Barbarian even more:

You know how we were a slow starting team for most of the season right? And we were considered a second half team, correct? Maybe that's because of julius jones and Marion Barber. It seems like when Marion is in there (never the first quarter until the playoff game) he injects our offense with life. When julius was in there, it was like "ok julius, take the ball, run into colombo's back for a 1 yard gain, if lucky, ready break", LOL. I was thinking about that and I think it makes sense. I am really looking forward to MBIII going berserk as the starter next year. (and watching a few more trucks in the Pro-Bowl)

What do you guys think?
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any news on Ellis? I heard he wants out? I know youre fine with Spencer (probably better with him starting), but it wouldnt be a bad idea to have 3 pass rushers on your team.

I really liked the package where Ellis played DE and Ware and Spencer OLB on passing downs. Very effective blitz package. Maybe tell Carp to gain weight again and try OLB out?

He's not a ILB, at 255 he shouldve gained 10 more lbs of muscle and stayed at OLB, instead he went down to 240, and lost any ability to pass rush, and wasn't strong enough to play ILB. He needs to get back up to 260ish and play OLB.

Or trade him to a 4-3 team the way his body type is now.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

I want Spencer to start. He is much more athletic than ellis. I wouldn't mine keeping ellis for another pass rusher and incase of injury to Ware/Spencer (god forbid). I do want spencer to be starting with the first team coming mini-camp though.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote