Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
JoeSixPac
Rookie

JoeSixPac hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

people in Saskatchewan (basicaly anywhere out west) are too loyal to the CFL.

Kojak Sports Blog (my blog)
I like only two teams, the Steelers, and whoever beats the Patriots.
JoeSixPac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
JoeSixPac
Rookie

JoeSixPac hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
When the Raptors had ticket prices that rivaled the Leafs, and were cellar dwellars did they sell? NOPE. Toronto fans do need winners in the city for them to fill the seats. Yes there is money in Toronto, but Toronto is not a football city. And trust me, for the first cople/few years, this will sell. After that, and especially if the Bills win only 4 or 5 games each year, good luck selling.

There is no specualtion regarding the $250 prices. That is confirmed. That is the average ticket prices. Meaning that they will go much higher than that. I think prices will go up if the teams comes here. They are placing the prices at a price right now because they know people will pay it right now. Once Toronto gets a good dose of this, the prices will rise. Once the team goes into decline and the prices go high, then the attendances drop.

This isnt the Leafs. No other team has done what the LEafs have done in Toronto, nor do I think they will. I see no evidence that will change my opinion either.

The simple fact that it was American Football, and Rutgers is a big name school, it should have sold. But people in the area really didnt care.
the $250 price is speculation

"Reports have speculated that tickets would be sold for an average $250 per seat."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
this article is from Feb 06 (today) and in it Raplh Wilson states that he believes that Toronto CAN be home to an NFL franchise.

Kojak Sports Blog (my blog)
I like only two teams, the Steelers, and whoever beats the Patriots.
JoeSixPac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I live in Toronto...i'll definitely try to go to the game. Hopefully the 49ers-Bills game is in Toronto
Ya i have a tone of relatives in Toronto who also have season tickets for the Argo's, so they get first dibs on the tickets. Im defiantly making the trip out there to watch my Bills play!

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
this is why they should move to saskatchewan!!

they would definetly sell out every game with our fan base.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSixPac View Post
people in Saskatchewan (basicaly anywhere out west) are too loyal to the CFL.
I i agree with Joe sorry critesy.. its hard for me to find a good NFL fan out here. Its CFL or bust.. they were raised on it

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
Ya i have a tone of relatives in Toronto who also have season tickets for the Argo's, so they get first dibs on the tickets. Im defiantly making the trip out there to watch my Bills play!
after youve seen a game at the ralph and you've seen a game at skydome, there is no way i feel intrigued to see a game in toronto. i know for a fact that the atmosphere and crowd/fans wont even be a blip on the radar compared to that at the ralph.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:25 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Wilson declines to speculate on Bills future in Buffalo

Quote:
Ralph Wilson is convinced Toronto is ready to support an NFL franchise. The Buffalo Bills owner wouldn't say whether that team might one day be his.

Wilson steered clear from discussing whether the Bills would ever relocate north of the border. "Don't worry right now," was the best answer he could provide at a news conference Wednesday announcing the Bills would begin playing an annual regular-season game in Toronto beginning this season through 2012.

Based on what Wilson saw during a half-hour drive from the airport to a downtown hotel, he was convinced Canada's financial capital and North America's fifth largest sports market was ready for the NFL.

"I can answer that in the affirmative," Wilson said. "It reminds me of my trip to Dallas a few months ago. They're building in Dallas, Texas, everywhere, cranes, brand-new structures. And I see the same thing here in Toronto."

It was certainly a different view than what he usually sees in economically challenged Buffalo

"It's no secret, Buffalo is diminishing in size," Wilson said.

Asked then to assure Bills fans he's committed to keeping the team in Buffalo, the 89-year-old declined to guess.

"Hey, I can't speculate what's going to happen in the future," Wilson said. "But don't worry. Don't worry right now. Does that answer your questions?"

Toronto will formally land on the NFL map later this year, when the Bills become the league's first franchise to play an annual regular season game outside the United States. The deal also includes the Bills playing three preseason games -- one every other year, starting this year -- in Toronto.
Full story: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^It seems as if Wilson knows the team is gone when he dies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:56 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
after youve seen a game at the ralph and you've seen a game at skydome, there is no way i feel intrigued to see a game in toronto. i know for a fact that the atmosphere and crowd/fans wont even be a blip on the radar compared to that at the ralph.
I definitely agree with this statement. The atmosphere is gonna suck.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote