Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Seahawks hire HC for 09?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...ext-head-coach

Quote:
The Seahawks have locked up Jim Mora Jr. to be their head coach after the 2008 season, league sources have told FOXSports.com.
Current head coach Mike Holmgren has already announced he will return for one more season, but rather than go through an extensive search, they have decided to hire from within.
Mora is currently the team's secondary/assistant head coach, and league sources say the promotion comes with an extension. It's unclear how such a move could be made with the Rooney Rule in effect, which requires each team to interview at least one minority for any head coaching vacancy. It could be that the league is now starting to acquiesce a bit on the rule when a team knows it's going to hire from within.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Dammit you beat me by 4 minutes.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure how I feel about this.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I was thinking about the Rooney Rule before I finished the article.. It seems a bit weird.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its a good move to lock him up but like all ready posted I don't know how they get around the rule with out some kinda fine or some thing if he does take over as HC.

Last edited by Splat : 02-05-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Jim Mora Jr. is a great coordinator, I don't know how good of a HC he is though
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
Jim Mora Jr. is a great coordinator, I don't know how good of a HC he is though
I would like to see him get one more chance with out coach killer at QB to see what he could do.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think you can get around the rooney rule if it states in the contract hes the next head coach

dallas did the same thing with garret

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Its a good move to lock him up but like all ready posted I don't know how they get around the rule with out some kinda fine or some thing if he does take over as HC.
It doesn't apply if you promote from within
Old 02-05-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

I guess this gets rid of the lame duck coach concept that could come over the players...since Mora will be there throughout the year anyhow
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like it one bit... Mora is not a fantastic head coach, and having a lame-duck coach is just not good for a team, no matter whether you know who the next guy will be or not.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i see no reason why he wont succeed...his offense in atlanta was a WCO, and while it wasnt tailored to fit the skills of his players there, he has the players to execute it in seattle. Ive always been a fan of his coaching style, players respond to him and he is not afraid to say wat he feels. Good luck to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

I think this is a good move by the Seahawks and for Mora. Mora loves the Seattle area and it must be a dream for him to be a coach there. Plus Seattle will get a guy who has already developed a relationship with the players, staff and management.

I don't think Mora really got a fair shake in Atlanta because the focus was always on developing the talent on offense and it really was just inconsistent play by the players, specifically the young wr's. He has an ideal defense for his scheme in Seattle and really only needs a stout NT to finally get that defense to be great.

Anyone know when Greg Knapps contract expires? Because you know Mora will be looking to bring him on to run the WCO in Seattle.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is going to do well this time around, like so many other coaches who were blasted only to get a job elsewhere and make it work, he's a young guy who is emotional and players love him...the WCO is built to be run by a team like Seattle, he has players he needs to win now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I just think he's too much of a players coach...but he doesn't have the thugs he had in Atlanta in Seattle....eh...
Old 02-06-2008, 02:37 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would like to see him get one more chance with out coach killer at QB to see what he could do.
And I'd like to see Michael Vick get another chance without quarterback killer Jim Mora Jr. sticking him in the WCO.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:34 AM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
And I'd like to see Michael Vick get another chance without quarterback killer Jim Mora Jr. sticking him in the WCO.
Greg Knapp was the qb coach for Steve Young and OC for Jeff Garcia, and they both did fine with him.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
Greg Knapp was the qb coach for Steve Young and OC for Jeff Garcia, and they both did fine with him.
Except that both Steve Young and Jeff Garca are both West Coast Offense quarterbacks to a T. Mike Vick isn't. He never was. Neither was anybody on their offense.

The offensive system they ran in Atlanta was ********. They tried to implement a zone blocking scheme and a West Coast, short passing game at first. Then, they realized that Mike Vick wasn't a good fit in a disciplined, complicated passing game, and would be a better fit in a strong running game, coupled with deep play-action passing where he would be free to improvise. The result is that they were left with a mess - an offensive line built for zone blocking and three step drops that was way too small to hold up in 5 and 7 step drop pass protection.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

well...you wanting mike vick to get another shot seems unlikely right now...
Old 02-06-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like the hire but i dont like the timing. Why do they need to do this now. Why cant they wait until next season to hire him... Or even announce it.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Mora is all style, very little substance.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:55 AM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

Quote:
I would like to see him get one more chance with out coach/DOG killer at QB to see what he could do.
That's better
Old 02-07-2008, 12:10 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really didn't catch him down in Atlanta...but I know he has a good defensive mind.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

The Walrus is getting retired?

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa