Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 01-24-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
I wouldn't mind keeping Odom for the right price...

That said, I don't think he's an every-down type DE like KVB. So even if we do re-sign him for a reasonable amount, I'd like to see us invest a draft pick or sign a FA vet to come in and compete/rotate with him.

Honestly, I'm more concerned about our interior DL, as Haynesworth's contract status is up in the air, Randy Starks is gone (good riddance!), and Tony Brown is only a solid rotational type player. I know that we'll likely franchise Haynesworth if a new contract isn't worked out; however, I still think we need to either draft or sign a very good DT -- either to replace him in a year or start alongside him in the middle (with T-Brown as the rotation).

Hmmm... Maybe Jacksonville will give us marcus stroud for pacman, reynaldo hill, ben troupe, and a 7th round pick......:)
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A news clip from The Tennessean (via GoTitans.com)...

Titans to Have $40 Million in Cap Room Heading into Free Agency
Staff Report
January 24th, 2008
The Tennessee Titans sit near the top of the NFL with $40 million in cap room. However, they will only have 40 players under contract for 2008 not counting restricted free agents and futures contracts. "We have the resources that we need to get better, to make this team better," General Manager Mike Reinfeldt said. "That being said, I think we should still do our homework. Doing it in a disciplined way still makes sense." The Titans will want to look to signing some of their own unrestricted free agents. Among those who will be UFAs is Jacob Bell, Chris Brown, Justin Gage, Gilbert Gardner, Ben Hartsock, Albert Haynesworth, Chidi Iwuoma, Travis LaBoy, Eric Moulds, Donnie Nickey, Antwan Odom, Rich Scanlon, Randy Starks and Ben Troupe. Among the RFAs are Rob Bironas, Casey Cramer, Vincent Fuller, Reynaldo Hill, Daniel Loper, Bo Scaife and David Stewart. The Titans two exclusive rights players include Sean Conover and Ahmard Hall.

I'll be interested to see just how big of a role we play in free agency. We had a considerable amount of money last offseason as well; however, we played the market in a relatively conservative manner.

Of the unrestricted free agents, I'd rank them (in order of importance of getting re-signed):
1. DT Albert Haynesworth
2. OG Jacob Bell
3. DE Antwan Odom
4. WR Justin Gage

Haynesworth is clearly our most valuable free agent and would be one of the most sought-after players on the market if he became available. Continuity is important on the OL, and Bell is a good OG -- with Benji likely gone and Mawae getting older and coming back from injury, I'd like to see us keep Bell. Odom is getting better and played well this season, and it'll be interesting to see the kinds of offers that he gets from other teams. Gage played very well for us this season (surprisingly) and was probably our most reliable WR for most of the season, and he could likely be re-signed for a reasonable cost...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
A news clip from The Tennessean (via GoTitans.com)...

Titans to Have $40 Million in Cap Room Heading into Free Agency
Staff Report
January 24th, 2008
The Tennessee Titans sit near the top of the NFL with $40 million in cap room. However, they will only have 40 players under contract for 2008 not counting restricted free agents and futures contracts. "We have the resources that we need to get better, to make this team better," General Manager Mike Reinfeldt said. "That being said, I think we should still do our homework. Doing it in a disciplined way still makes sense." The Titans will want to look to signing some of their own unrestricted free agents. Among those who will be UFAs is Jacob Bell, Chris Brown, Justin Gage, Gilbert Gardner, Ben Hartsock, Albert Haynesworth, Chidi Iwuoma, Travis LaBoy, Eric Moulds, Donnie Nickey, Antwan Odom, Rich Scanlon, Randy Starks and Ben Troupe. Among the RFAs are Rob Bironas, Casey Cramer, Vincent Fuller, Reynaldo Hill, Daniel Loper, Bo Scaife and David Stewart. The Titans two exclusive rights players include Sean Conover and Ahmard Hall.

I'll be interested to see just how big of a role we play in free agency. We had a considerable amount of money last offseason as well; however, we played the market in a relatively conservative manner.

Of the unrestricted free agents, I'd rank them (in order of importance of getting re-signed):
1. DT Albert Haynesworth
2. OG Jacob Bell
3. DE Antwan Odom
4. WR Justin Gage

Haynesworth is clearly our most valuable free agent and would be one of the most sought-after players on the market if he became available. Continuity is important on the OL, and Bell is a good OG -- with Benji likely gone and Mawae getting older and coming back from injury, I'd like to see us keep Bell. Odom is getting better and played well this season, and it'll be interesting to see the kinds of offers that he gets from other teams. Gage played very well for us this season (surprisingly) and was probably our most reliable WR for most of the season, and he could likely be re-signed for a reasonable cost...
Those are the only ones that I feel like we should resign.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Schwartz has been given a 2-year extension.

The Titans are also apparently going after Gregg Williams heavily, in an attempt to sign him to the coaching staff. I'm guessing he would be put in a Assistant Head Coach position, or something along those lines. But, I bet he accepts a DC bid from another team before an Assist. HC spot from us.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Yeah, I don't see Williams coming to play second to Schwartz, and I'm not sure what another assistant coach would DO with the Titans staff. I really like Williams, and I'd love to have a bit of his aggressive tendencies in Schwartz's gameplan, but it seems very unlikely.

Mick, I like your list. I would switch Odom and Bell, personally. In fact, Bell is the guy I'm not sure the Titans will sign. He's a good player, but I think they'll work harder at keeping Odom. Of course, Bell is likely to be cheaper than Odom. We've been seeing articles that suggest that Odom is looking for a big payday, and frankly he deserves it. His sacks aren't huge, but he gets a LOT of QB hurries. He's an underrated player.
Bobertchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO fat albert is a must, but we also need to get both tackles to long term deals.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has Williams signed on with another team yet? I was under the impression that he'd be brought into Tennessee to play in the same role as Mike Tice's in Jacksonville. Not really a coordinator, but someone who can handle practically anything on the team that needs attention in the event that the HC can't attend to it or the HC has more pressing needs. I doubt he'd be here long term, and if he did, it would be because Schwartz was fired due to a poor DEF/hired by another team thanks to Albert Haynesworth. :)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:56 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So i'm the head GM in the forum mock, and i was sad to see no other titans fan apply, villagewarrior is my assistant and i belive he is a KC fan. So i want to see who yall thought should be on the trading block, and what should we ask for Pacman if we trade him?

Old 02-04-2008, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
So i'm the head GM in the forum mock, and i was sad to see no other titans fan apply, villagewarrior is my assistant and i belive he is a KC fan. So i want to see who yall thought should be on the trading block, and what should we ask for Pacman if we trade him?
At least a 3rd. Start the bid high, because it'll be sure to work its way down.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:43 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I agree.

Ask for a 3rd. They'll offer a 5th. Settle on a 4th.

Or something along those line. I'd say a 4th RD pick is about right for the risk/reward PacMan has.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Try and trade Mike Williams while you're at it.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
Try and trade Mike Williams while you're at it.
I wish! Sporting News reports that Williams has been a major disappointment and will likely just be cut. He hasn't dedicated himself or gotten into shape or anything. Without Chow here, no one will be fighting for him, most likely. I don't think any team will take that bait. Of course, I know you are joking, but I do wish there were a way to get something out of that investment, small as it was.

With Pacman though I think we'll get something. Of course, he has to be reinstated first.
Bobertchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobertchin View Post
I wish! Sporting News reports that Williams has been a major disappointment and will likely just be cut. He hasn't dedicated himself or gotten into shape or anything. Without Chow here, no one will be fighting for him, most likely. I don't think any team will take that bait. Of course, I know you are joking, but I do wish there were a way to get something out of that investment, small as it was.

With Pacman though I think we'll get something. Of course, he has to be reinstated first.
Ha, we can throw in reynaldo hill as well.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Got a new sig made, like it??

Old 02-05-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Kinda reminds me of my old sig. I like it alot. Itll take some time to get used to though.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:49 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeh, its wierd when one of u gets a new sig
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:07 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Some offseason moves i made so far

Players traded off
Pacman jones
Tulloch
reynaldo Hill

Received
Denvers 4th round pick
Cowboys 5th round pick
Anthony Fasano

Old 02-06-2008, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Some offseason moves i made so far

Players traded off
Pacman jones
Tulloch
reynaldo Hill

Received
Denvers 4th round pick
Cowboys 5th round pick
Anthony Fasano
Hmmm kinda dissappointed that you traded tulloch, but I really like what we got in return. I cant believe you actually found someone to take reynaldo hill off our hands. your automatically the best GM in the world for that.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
Hmmm kinda dissappointed that you traded tulloch, but I really like what we got in return. I cant believe you actually found someone to take reynaldo hill off our hands. your automatically the best GM in the world for that.
I have someone targeted to replace Tulloch ;)

Old 02-07-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I have someone targeted to replace Tulloch ;)
I'm anxious to find out but I think I may already know.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:37 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jonathan goff, i hope so
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
jonathan goff, i hope so
exactly who I was thinking
Old 02-07-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

I traded the pick from denver(4th round), to add veteran leadership on the inside at LB Zach thomas, but i will address the future MLB, in the 2nd round or 3rd round i hope.

Last edited by smittyjs : 02-07-2008 at 11:17 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

The real ?, is would ya'll trade for Leigh Bodden?? Cb is a need for us, and is something we would go after IMO, in the third round anyway.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The real ?, is would ya'll trade for Leigh Bodden?? Cb is a need for us, and is something we would go after IMO, in the third round anyway.
Dont give up too much for him. This is a deep CB class and there are also some quality FA's.