Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 02-08-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
Dont give up too much for him. This is a deep CB class and there are also some quality FA's.
I can get him for a third, too much you think?? Are should i just try to draft someone....

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
I can get him for a third, too much you think?? Are should i just try to draft someone....
A third might be a little much IMO.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leigh Bodden is worth a 3rd RD pick. Cleveland actually has a solid secondary. It's their Front-7 that stinks. And Bodden is one of the bright spots. I remember when the Titans played the Browns a year or two ago, and Bodden played extremely well. Better than any CB available in the 3rd RD this year, in my opinion.

But, naturally, if you can get him for cheaper, then that's definitely the way to go.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweed was are first round pick, also i think i'm going to hold out on bodden. Kelly and Jackson were both taken..

Old 02-09-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Sweed was are first round pick, also i think i'm going to hold out on bodden. Kelly and Jackson were both taken..
If Earl Bennett is somehow still there in the third please take him.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

With the 54th pick in the draft, the tennessee Titans select out of Vandy MLB Jonathan Goff.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
With the 54th pick in the draft, the tennessee Titans select out of Vandy MLB Jonathan Goff.
Who are some of the better players left at our positions of need going into our third round pick?
Old 02-10-2008, 11:41 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love you for picking this guy
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Bigbluegiant

ok guys I was reading on SI.com that the giants are contemplating dealing Shockey after they exploded without his in the playoffs, what would you say to using our 2nd round pick for him, much better tight end then we could get in this draft. just my thoughts, what do you think.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...tes/index.html
Old 02-10-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbluegiant View Post
ok guys I was reading on SI.com that the giants are contemplating dealing Shockey after they exploded without his in the playoffs, what would you say to using our 2nd round pick for him, much better tight end then we could get in this draft. just my thoughts, what do you think.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...tes/index.html
I like him myself, but injuries, and the fact is that i really don't see him being a fisher type of player....

Old 02-10-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

No thanks. I'd rather take my chances on one of the rookies. I think my TE order goes:
1) Fred Davis
2) John Carlson
3) Martellus Bennett
4) Martin Rucker
5) Brad Cottam
Old 02-10-2008, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Bigbluegiant

I do realy like the tight ends in this class, but I believe that our front office is to stubern to draft another tight end that high in the draft, I would say that tight end is a major need and I would prefer to trade the 2nd for Shockey, or send troupe and a 3rd or 4th and see what happens.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Idk. Shockey seems like a headcase and he's coming back from a pretty serious injury. Id rather get one of the good young TE's in this draft around the third or fourth instead. I really like John Carlson and Martin Rucker myself. I wouldnt mind if we waited til the fourth or fifth to grab cottam either.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Bigbluegiant

well maybe thats what this team needs is a head case thats not afraid to call people out when they arent doing what there supost to be doing. not trying to make a case for us to have to get him, just saying he is a tight end and probibly the best available outside of the draft.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

I definitely wouldnt give up anything more than a 4th for him. And no thanks to resigning ben troupe even if its to try and trade him because noone would trade for him anyways.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Roy schuening OG was are 3rd round pick, almost went with trading a 3rd,4th, and Donnie nickey for Bodden and a 5th round pick, but we really needed some young blood at Guard with Olson near the end IMO.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:08 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Roy schuening OG was are 3rd round pick, almost went with trading a 3rd,4th, and Donnie nickey for Bodden and a 5th round pick, but we really needed some young blood at Guard with Olson near the end IMO.
Are you targeting a TE?
Old 02-11-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mike whale any one?
Old 02-11-2008, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
mike whale any one?
Huh??????????? What you talkin' bout stephenson?
Old 02-12-2008, 05:03 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Quote:
Huh??????????? What you talkin' bout stephenson?
mike wahle (got the spelling right) was released by the panthers
Old 02-12-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
mike wahle (got the spelling right) was released by the panthers
hmmm. IDK. The panthers o-line was pretty bad. It might not have been his fault though.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Are you targeting a TE?
I traded for a TE, up at the top, so no i didn't feel it was a huge need, but i did get Nick Hayden in the 5th round, boom or bust type of guy and DE Chase ortiz from TCU. I missed are 4th round pick, and we got a Center, Steve justice :(.
Training camp battle
Traded For
Rookie

Depth chart
Offense
QB: VY, Kerry Collins
RB: Lendale White, Chris Brown, Chris Henry
FB: Ahmard Hall
TE: Bo Scaife, Anthony Fasano, Ben Harksock
WR:Justin gage, Limas Sweed, Bradon jones, Biren Early, Mike Williams
WR:Roydell Williams, Chris Davis, Eric Moulds, Paul Williams David givens (IR)
OT: Michael Roos, Daniel Loper,
OG: Jacob Bell, Eugene Amanno
C:Kevin Mawae, Leroy Harris, Steve Justice
OG: Benji olson, Roy Schuening
OT David Stewart, Daniel Loper

Defense
DE:Antwan Odom, Travis LaBoy
DT:Tony Brown, Nick Hayden, Kevin Vickerson
DT:Fat Albert,
DE:KVB, Bryce Fisher, Chase Ortiz
OLB: David thornton, Rich Scanlon, Jonthan Goff
ILB:Zach Thomas, Jonthan Goff, Ryan Fowler
OLB:Keith Bulluck, Gilbert Gardner
CB:Cortland Finnegan, Eric King, Michael griffin
CB:Nick Harper, Kelly Herndon, Chidi iwuoma
FS:Michael Griffin, Vincent Fuller
SS:Chris Hope, Calvin Lowry

Speacial Teams
K: Rob Bironas
P: Craig Hentrich
KR: Chris Davis, Chris Henry
PR: Chris Davis, Cortland Finnegan

Old 02-13-2008, 07:08 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

i dont like the zach thomas trade at all, but overall, very nice
Old 02-13-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Depth chart
Offense
QB: VY, Kerry Collins
RB: Lendale White, Chris Brown, Chris Henry
FB: Ahmard Hall
TE: Bo Scaife, Anthony Fasano, Ben Harksock
WR:Justin gage, Limas Sweed, Bradon jones, Biren Early, Mike Williams
WR:Roydell Williams, Chris Davis, Eric Moulds, Paul Williams David givens (IR)
OT: Michael Roos, Daniel Loper,
OG: Jacob Bell, Eugene Amanno
C:Kevin Mawae, Leroy Harris, Steve Justice
OG: Benji olson, Roy Schuening
OT David Stewart, Daniel Loper

Defense
DE:Antwan Odom, Travis LaBoy
DT:Tony Brown, Nick Hayden, Kevin Vickerson
DT:Fat Albert,
DE:KVB, Bryce Fisher, Chase Ortiz
OLB: David thornton, Rich Scanlon, Jonthan Goff
ILB:Zach Thomas, Jonthan Goff, Ryan Fowler
OLB:Keith Bulluck, Gilbert Gardner
CB:Cortland Finnegan, Eric King, Michael griffin
CB:Nick Harper, Kelly Herndon, Chidi iwuoma
FS:Michael Griffin, Vincent Fuller
SS:Chris Hope, Calvin Lowry

Speacial Teams
K: Rob Bironas
P: Craig Hentrich
KR: Chris Davis, Chris Henry
PR: Chris Davis, Cortland Finnegan
First off, here's what I like the most about this draft:
Added OL Depth...I love the OG Scheuning pick, as he could step in and replace Benji Olson from week one. And, honestly, I don't mind the Steve Justice pick all that much, although I realize that it wasn't a pick that you made yourself. With Mawae aging (and being banged-up a lot last season), I like the flexibility of having Leroy Harris and Justice compete for that job in the future, with the loser likely serving as good C/OG depth.

Here are my critiques:
1. WR in the First Round...It's not that I hate Limas Sweed. I think he'll be a decent player. However, I don't like the value of the Titans drafting a WR at the end of round 1. I'd much rather invest that pick in something else and spend a second rounder on a comparable WR with potential (i.e. Earl Bennett, James Hardy, Mario Manningham). As you can see, I've got a feeling that a couple of WR will slip through the cracks and fall a little bit...based on, among other things, other teams' needs.

2. Jonathan Goff/Zach Thomas...Don't get me wrong -- I think Goff's got great potential and Zach Thomas has been a great pro over his career. However, I don't like the idea of prioritizing LB over other, in my opinion more glaring needs along the DL. Continuing to improve the DL will only help make our LBs more effective by keeping the opposing OL from getting to the second-level of the defense. As we saw last season, when Haynesworth misses time or gets banged up (which happens every year), the quality of our entire defense plummets. Thus, I'm a big advocate of addressing the DL (specifically DT...but possibly DE, depending on what happens to Odom) early in the draft in either round 1 or round 2, depending on value available.

3. TE...I'm not convinced that Fasano is anything more than a backup TE, which is exactly what we already have in Scaife. So, what we essentially have here are two good backup TEs but no true starter. I'd much rather address TE early in the draft, as a reliable TE target will only help VY's progression as a passer.

My ideal early draft (at this moment):
ROUND 1: DL
Some options include DE/DT Philip Merling, DE Calais Campbell, or DT Kentwan Balmer.

ROUND 2: WR
Some options include WR Devin Thomas, WR Mario Manningham, WR James Hardy, WR Early Doucet, WR Earl Bennett, WR Adarius Bowman, etc.

ROUND 3: TE
Some options include TE Martin Rucker, TE Jermichael Finley, TE Fred Davis, or TE Dustin Keller.

It may not be as "flashy" of a draft; but I feel it would better repair some of the deficiencies of our team.

Nice job though smitty on the draft...interesting to see how other people are considering the Titans' draft-needs...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Im gonna throw a random situation out there. What If with our first round pick we take a defender? Of the players I list, what order would we look at them in for the titans?
Derrick Harvey
Phillip Merling
Calais Campbell
Quentin Groves
Lawrence Jackson
Kentwan Balmer
Pat Sims
Dan Conner
Aqib Talib
DRC
Reggie smith