Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
hmmm I have a feeling Trent Green stays in the league, for perhaps one more year. Now the question is, will he demand to start, and will a team take him as a starter? Perhaps groom a young QB somehwere and play this year?

I for one, would love him to come to the G-Men as a backup for Eli.(for insurance purposes, i'd never trust Anthony Wright)
i dont think any team would take him on as a starter but I think a lot of teams would be willing to sign him as a backup. If he wants to stay in the league I could see him be in a Brad Johnson type situation but Green has already shown he'd be a good analyst for a network so I dont see why he'd play second fiddle for a year or two when he can just go in the booth right away.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Its starting to seem that the Dolphins will look QB fairly early (top 3 rounds). If that's the case, I think John Beck should be shopped. A trade that makes sense, IMO, is the Ravens swapping a 4th for Beck. This gives the Fins an additional asset to play with while giving the Ravens a QB that their OC likes.
You are a Baltimore fan aren't you? Don't be rediculous. Beck was a top 40 pick last year and suddenly he's gonna be traded for a 4th? Yea right, even after looking shaky he has more value then that and there's actually alot of people around the league that like him.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
You are a Baltimore fan aren't you? Don't be rediculous. Beck was a top 40 pick last year and suddenly he's gonna be traded for a 4th? Yea right, even after looking shaky he has more value then that and there's actually alot of people around the league that like him.
First off, no. I am not a Baltimore fan. I think most people on this board have a fairly good idea which team I'm a fan of.

I liked Beck a lot last year. I was fine with the pick. With growing indications that they are looking to take a QB in the top 3 rounds, Beck doesn't look to be the QB of the future. That's one strike, albeit not a big one. They could keep him and use him as a stopgap, although considering Parcells is seeking to totally overhaul the lineup, adding an asset may make more sense.

Strike number 2 is his age. There's no getting around the fact that he's going to be 27 this fall, didn't look good in his short stint, and is still largely an unknown.

Strike number 3 comes down to supply and demand. There's QB depth in the middle, from the 2nd-4th rounds.

Strike number 4 comes down to the type of QB John Beck is. Not every team was a fan of him last year.

In the end, all it takes is one team, but I believe that, if Beck is dealt, the Dolphins will not get anything more than a late 3rd/early 4th for him.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's a Bears fan, and players rarely get traded at the same value they were drafted without proving their value. It's like the drop in value as soon as you take a new car off the lot.

And ridiculous doesn't have an e in it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carolina Panthers release LB Dan Morgan and G Mike Wahle.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I bet Green reunites with Al Saunders in St.Louis.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
I bet Green reunites with Al Saunders in St.Louis.
The Rams have a capable backup. It's a thought, but they could probably use a youngster on the depth charts. So do they cut Frerotte to add Green? Perhaps.

I think Wahle has a good year or two left. It made sense for the Panthers to move on due to the contract and the youngsters. If the Bears decided to pursue him at a reasonable price, I'd be okay with it.

I think Morgan will get another shot somewhere. For some reason, I could really see the Patriots take a look here.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
He's a Bears fan, and players rarely get traded at the same value they were drafted without proving their value. It's like the drop in value as soon as you take a new car off the lot.
What I've getting at it that I'm sure the Dolphins coaching staff knows he where he was drafted and how highly he was/is thought of. Unless they get a solid offer for him (high 3 I think is where both sides might think is fair). Then they know they'll be losing alot of value by trading away a player at his low point instead of seeing what hes got.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What I've getting at it that I'm sure the Dolphins coaching staff knows he where he was drafted and how highly he was/is thought of. Unless they get a solid offer for him (high 3 I think is where both sides might think is fair). Then they know they'll be losing alot of value by trading away a player at his low point instead of seeing what hes got.
Well, if they don't have him in their future plans, you might as well trade him and get what value you still can get for him. Yeah, they'll be losing value but trading him for a 4th this year would be better than keeping him on the roster for another 2 years and then releasing him and getting nothing for him. It doesn't matter how high he was drafted and how highly the coaches thought of him last year because they're not there anymore. It's a different group in charge and if they don't like him his value is probably highest right now and they should try to get what they can for him.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
adamprez2003
Rookie

adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.adamprez2003 is a cocksman.

I think if the Dolphins could get a 3rd for Beck, Parcells might consider it. Still its a tough call. I doubt they resign Lemon so I dont really see Parcells bringing in 3 new QBs. Maybe he drafts Ryan and brings in a vet and only goes with 2 but I think the plan will be to give Beck one more year and hopefully he shows better. I suspect Beck is best suited for a West Coast offense which I dont see Parcells running

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious
adamprez2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's no doubt they need to improve at WR, but with Ginn Jr. and Hagan, they'll probably look internally first and maybe add a guy later on (4th or later). I can't see them going WR that high unless the value is off the charts. And this being a Parcells organization, they'll look to TE earlier than WR. I could see a guy like John Carlson really entice Parcells.
I couldn't agree more!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamprez2003 View Post
I think if the Dolphins could get a 3rd for Beck, Parcells might consider it.
I'll be surprised if anyone gives up a 3rd round pick for Beck, especially when this year's Draft is so deep and the QB class is deep. I certainly wouldn't do it, myself.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Favre does retire then I wouldn't mind bringing in Green as a back up.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's a Raiders fan...

I wish
Old 02-12-2008, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
First off, no. I am not a Baltimore fan. I think most people on this board have a fairly good idea which team I'm a fan of.

I liked Beck a lot last year. I was fine with the pick. With growing indications that they are looking to take a QB in the top 3 rounds, Beck doesn't look to be the QB of the future. That's one strike, albeit not a big one. They could keep him and use him as a stopgap, although considering Parcells is seeking to totally overhaul the lineup, adding an asset may make more sense.

Strike number 2 is his age. There's no getting around the fact that he's going to be 27 this fall, didn't look good in his short stint, and is still largely an unknown.

Strike number 3 comes down to supply and demand. There's QB depth in the middle, from the 2nd-4th rounds.

Strike number 4 comes down to the type of QB John Beck is. Not every team was a fan of him last year.

In the end, all it takes is one team, but I believe that, if Beck is dealt, the Dolphins will not get anything more than a late 3rd/early 4th for him.
Silly, you can only have 3 strikes.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:21 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
Silly, you can only have 3 strikes.

Valid point.

Toon... please adjust your argument so it only contains 3 strikes (or, 4 balls... whichever is easier).
Old 02-12-2008, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Parcells really has a lot of work to do. I don't know if he can fix this mess in one year, ie I don't know if we'll see immediate results starting this year. They might get some young guys in, still suck this year, then break out the following year. Who knows.

We'll see. If anyone can fix this mess, its Parcells.
The Dolphins go 2-14... They improved. Not that hard of a job. =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Damn... nine playes cut. Nine more roster spots to fill in. Anyone got the Dolphins cap numbers before and after all of these cuts? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:37 AM    (permalink
fondoffilm
Rookie

fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.

Quote:
The Rams have a capable backup. It's a thought, but they could probably use a youngster on the depth charts. So do they cut Frerotte to add Green? Perhaps.
Frerotte is Linehan's boy, though.
fondoffilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green should retire...

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
Green should have retired years ago...
fixed it for you.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The agent for Trent Green, who was released by the Dolphins on Monday, told the AP that his client may re-sign with the Dolphins.
Source: Rotoworld.com

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
ANBC
Veteran

ANBC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Surprised no one is really talking about Booker...this guy is solid, yet he hasn't looked too good statistically because of the offensive struggles.

He's a good #2 that could help a lot of teams looking to upgrade at WR.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Traylor is old, but the Jets should definitely go after him. He'd be great in run situations...